Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Direct X Error.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Direct X Error. Empty The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Direct X Error.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Mar 2020, 16:36

Hi!
I was linked to this forum as a last resort to download a working The Sims 2 version. I previously tried installing all of my physical copies, I tried downloading a rip from another website and neither of them worked despite me trying to patch it up with instructions from other Sims forums. So now I was thrilled to see you had the origin version for download. Installation was easy enough to follow along and even after doing all the steps.. sadly I didn't work.
The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Direct X Error. Direct10
I also have the GraphicRules and 4 GB Patch, but I suppose that only works when it actually runs. Funnily enough, The Sims 2 worked on my old laptop that also ran Windows 10.
I'm not too good with computer specifics, I own a Lenovo Legion Y540, if that helps anything.
Thanks!

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Direct X Error. Empty Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Direct X Error.

Post by Guest Thu 19 Mar 2020, 16:42

Also I'm so sorry if someone already answered a question like this before, I tried finding a similar topic but didn't.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Direct X Error. Empty Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Direct X Error.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 20 Mar 2020, 03:32

That Poppy wrote:Also I'm so sorry if someone already answered a question like this before, I tried finding a similar topic but didn't.

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @That Poppy,

You can try (re-) installing the DirectX9 runtimes; just download and run the directx_Jun2010_redist.exe.
https://is.gd/Ul5vVZ

Also make sure please that you copy-pasted the No-Origin file (the Sims2EP9.exe in the #Crack folder) to the correct location. Which is, at least in my case, C:\Program Files\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin.

There, replace the existing file when you are prompted. Then try starting the game again. Good luck for now!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Mar 2020, 18:38

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
That Poppy wrote:Also I'm so sorry if someone already answered a question like this before, I tried finding a similar topic but didn't.

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @That Poppy,

You can try (re-) installing the DirectX9 runtimes; just download and run the directx_Jun2010_redist.exe.

Also make sure please that you copy-pasted the No-Origin file (the Sims2EP9.exe in the #Crack folder) to the correct location. Which is, at least in my case, C:\Program Files\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin.

There, replace the existing file when you are prompted. Then try starting the game again. Good luck for now!

Thank you so much for your help @The_gh0stm4n!

I did both steps you suggested and checked over the entire installation again with the instructions in the file.. no luck, I still get the same error ):

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 21 Mar 2020, 18:50

You could also try this here:

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Direct X Error. P5B6jXx

Control Panel => Programs => Turn Windows Features on or off

Make sure to tick the box that says "Legacy Components" and confirm with "OK". That is a bit far-fetched, but it is also possible that certain very modern graphics cards might have problems, for a lack of a better description.

I myself got an 8GB AMD RX570, and the game still runs fine, so I'm not sure if these are only rumors. You can also try running the Sims2EP9.exe in Compatibility mode for an earlier Windows (right-click => Properties => Compatibility).

What about your Windows Defender and other antivirus software? Did you add the installation path for The Sims 2, to the "exclusions"? And after that, please re-extract the Sims2Ep9.exe from the #Crack-folder, in the .rar download. Re-insert it back into the location that I mentioned above, and replace the old file when prompted. Then re-start the game.

Not sure what else to suggest at that point though. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top