Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims2pack cleaner installer issues.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims2pack cleaner installer issues. Empty Sims2pack cleaner installer issues.

Post by Guest Thu 02 Apr 2020, 00:02

hello,

I downloaded sims2pack cleaner installer (mod to download sims 2 cc) and accidentally deleted it. Now i cant find it anywhere on my laptop. so I tried to download the mod again but it keeps saying I need
to remove the old version before.. however as I mentioned I cant find it anywhere. Could you pls help me? is there any way to delete it properly?

Back to top Go down

Sims2pack cleaner installer issues. Empty Re: Sims2pack cleaner installer issues.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 02 Apr 2020, 00:18

mielymcs wrote:hello,

I downloaded sims2pack cleaner installer (mod to download sims 2 cc) and accidentally deleted it. Now i cant find it anywhere on my laptop. so I tried to download the mod again but it keeps saying I need
to remove the old version before.. however as I mentioned I cant find it anywhere. Could you pls help me? is there any way to delete it properly?

There are tools such as CCleaner that can help with cleaning up remains of abandoned installations or stuff like that. The problem with these tools though is, that they have a tendency to "delete too much". So if you don't know what you're doing, you might run into trouble.

Then there is another alternative. You can press Windows key + R, type regedit, and hit enter. Search (CTRL + F) for entries specifically for "Sims2Pack cleaner installer", and take it from there. If the system finds entries, right-click on them and choose "delete". I would recommend backing up your entire registry though, before you attempt doing that. Right-click on "Computer" and choose Export.

Sims2pack cleaner installer issues. 1797raf

If something goes wrong, simply double-click on the backup-file (in .reg format), re-boot the computer, and you should be fine. Look very carefully at the registry entry as to what it says, before you delete it.

The path with using CCleaner is probably more user-friendly, but in a way it's also riskier. But once you managed to clean the registry, try installing again the newer version of that thing.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top