Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what is better for playing sims 3 with my spec laptop ???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

what is better for playing sims 3 with my spec laptop ??? Empty what is better for playing sims 3 with my spec laptop ???

Post by Guest Fri 30 Mar 2012, 04:03

i have a advent 6311 it has 3gb ram, intel pentium dual core and 120gb HDD what will be better for playing sims 3 windows 7 or xp ???

Back to top Go down

what is better for playing sims 3 with my spec laptop ??? Empty Re: what is better for playing sims 3 with my spec laptop ???

Post by Guest Fri 30 Mar 2012, 05:12

I would say neither. Please listen to my warning: your laptop just barely meets the minimum requirements to play. This means no matter what os you use the game will likely still lag (a lot).

Although XP uses less resources than Win 7 does, so if you're going to try anyway despite my warning use XP. But don't blame me if the game tries to use more graphics memory than your laptop has and blue-screens (crashes).

Back to top Go down

what is better for playing sims 3 with my spec laptop ??? Empty Re: what is better for playing sims 3 with my spec laptop ???

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 30 Mar 2012, 07:24

Hello,

I think it would mostly depend on what type of graphicscard your laptop has, and I think it will give you the most problems.
Your laptop is not high end, but lower end systems have successfully installed and played The Sims 3. Including my own.
I'm running TS3 with all its expansions and a bunch of mods and it played fine until Showtime was installed, after that I had to remove most of my mods and start a fresh The Sims 3 folder in My Documents and I started a new game in stead of my bulky old save games but again, it plays fine now on an AMD Sempron 3400+ 2.0Ghz, 1GB RAM, GeForce 7600 GS.
Anyway, I would use XP on it, start out with low graphic quality settings and see if you can change to medium along the way though I think you'll have to make due with low graphics settings.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Mar 2012, 07:28

My concern was that (and I looked this up via google) his laptop only has 256mb of memory, and that's on integrated graphics (since laptops to not have any were to put additional graphics cards) which suck as it is. I tried playing the sims 3 on my computer before I put my graphics card in and it just bluescreen due to the game trying to use more graphics memory than the integrated graphics had.

Also, the pentium ranges from 1.6ghz (which would not be enough) to 2.0 ghz (which you say works), so it depends on how fast his processor is as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 30 Mar 2012, 07:40

Hello,

That's true.
It probably wont be easy to play the game on this laptop but then again he won't be sure until he tries since this website tells me my pc's specs don't cut it.
I think it's worth to try if the CPU is ok, (or just test the laptop using the website I just linked to) with all graphics settings on low and a low resolution.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top