Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

csrss.exe [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

csrss.exe [SOLVED] Empty csrss.exe [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 20 Aug 2010, 22:19

I was checking the running processes on my computer , when i spotted this program -> csrss.exe . I searched on the internet and it seems to be a trojan , allowing hackers to access my computer . I tried to stop the process , but it said : "This is a critical system process. Task Manager cannot end this process." So , what exactly is that program , and how can i remove it ? Any help on this issue would be useful.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

csrss.exe [SOLVED] Empty Re: csrss.exe [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Fri 20 Aug 2010, 22:44

Hello,

This process is not a Virus usually. It may contain a Virus, but normally not, since I have the process too and my system is clean. Do you think you have a Virus on your PC? Do you have an Anti Virus?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Aug 2010, 00:40

I am using the Kaspersky antivirus , and i think my system is clean , i will run a full scan and get back to you. It just seemed weird , because i havent seen that process before ( or maybe i didnt notice )

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 Sat 21 Aug 2010, 07:38

biftekis wrote:I am using the Kaspersky antivirus , and i think my system is clean , i will run a full scan and get back to you. It just seemed weird , because i havent seen that process before ( or maybe i didnt notice )

What is csrss.exe?
A Microsoft Windows file stored in the c:\windows\system32 or c:\winnt\system32 directory that has the file description: "Client Server Runtime process." This file

Is this file a spyware, trojan, or virus?
The csrss.exe file included with Microsoft Windows is not spyware, a trojan, or a virus. However, like any file on your computer it can become corrupted by a virus, worm, or trojan. antivirus programs can detect and clean this file if it has become infected. Because this file is part of Microsoft Windows users should never delete or remove this file if they think it is infected, let the antivirus program handle it.

Actually, i just work on this stuff yesterday with Deygus_GuildMaster.
So, for more safety. Please download this stuff.
And Run it as adminstrator, then Scan now. If any infection. It'll clean itself. The software have been made by Kaspersky, specially design for detect root kit. Microsoft technical staff give this software to me yesterday, so it safe to use.

Thanks.
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 17:45

Yea, I had a msn virus and was thinking it was that then i checked my school computer and it had the same lol, Dont worry its supossed to be like that.

Admin edit: Problem solved, topic closed.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top