Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A problem....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A problem.... Empty A problem....

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jun 2012, 18:11

This is for The Sims 3 and it's DLCs!

I am from South Europe, and I have big problems with download speed, the point is that you probably have seeded it in the United States and now I can't download it with more than 15~20 kB/s, while my max connection is approx. 250kB/s, but, for those experiencing this, I found a good solution!

Get your approx max DL speed, divide it by the approx download speed of the torrent, and than as the result, put that number of torrents to download, not only one, in my case I got 5 torrents downloading the Sims 3 expansions, each one running at the same speed - 15~20kB/s, if I added like 15 ones, that'd be 300kB/s, so that would outmatch my download speed and the download speed of each one of them would lower.....

This is a tutorial for noobs ( incl. me ) , and my first post, so yes, also an introduction xD Very Happy
Yours sincerly
M.D. Agovich - the A problem.... 1490881299

Back to top Go down

A problem.... Empty Re: A problem....

Post by Admin Sat 16 Jun 2012, 19:14

//MOVED
Hello,

Actually not, a torrent is not seeded from one place, it's continuously being seeded by people from all around the world.
The speed really depends on your internet connection and how you've configured everything.
Max 250 kB/s is... not very fast. If you forward your ports correctly and do not set a download or upload limit, you should be fine.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male