Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS3 or XBOX 360?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PS3 or XBOX 360? Empty PS3 or XBOX 360?

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jun 2012, 19:11

Hi guys, finally got the money to buy either of the two..since there are so many awesome games out there i just want to know what console to buy and why? I'm really not a techie kind of guy but I play lots of games.Anyone with opinions please, enlighten me. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

PS3 or XBOX 360? Empty Re: PS3 or XBOX 360?

Post by Admin Sun 24 Jun 2012, 20:18

Hello,

I think the Xbox is a good mediaconsole. PS3 is more of a gaming console. And the good thing about Xbox: it's from Microsoft.

You might want to keep in mind that a new Xbox console, called the Xbox 720, will be released later this year, begin 2013.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jun 2012, 10:59

i read something bout the XBOX 720 being released this Christmas 2013 and it'll cost approx. $299 O.o

and why do most people like XBOX 360? saying that they only use PS3 to watch movies and stuff LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jul 2012, 01:23

i have both, the ps3 has better graphics, the exclusive games are way better in my opinion, but i feel like the games on xbox play smoother than they do on ps3. i personally prefer xbox. that's the console that most of my games are on, the only games i have on ps3 are the ones that are exclusive to ps3. i only have call of duty for both.
My ps3 is mainly used for movies because its a blue ray player. i do love ps3 but i personally like xbox 360 better than ps3. its just more well figured out and more options.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jul 2012, 23:14

to be honest.. i would stick with a computer for now.

unless you have a game that is on your "must have list" or something that you must play then there really is no need right now.

i have both ps3 and 360 and don't play much of either sadly.. the games are beginning to dwindle in how great they are.. they are either good for the first time through storymode and is a great storymode although relatively short or just not worth it.

i haven't played all games but i played a good majority.

------------------
to cut off all ties about rumors and whatnot.

i highly doubt a "ps4" will be out within the next year. its a possibility and probably is a good speculation but high doubts because as far as i know it, there is no game that comes close to pushing the ps3's processors to its limit.

as for a xbox 720 or whatever its latest rumor name was... there is a high possibility for it because;
1. the 360 is banned in multiple countries.
2. it's sale is poor in japan.
3. need an upgrade in hardware.

this isn't a reason but a reason i would consider.. get rid of the disc tray..

i read an article i think a month or two ago that microsoft is still in court about their motorola issues.

i don't know the exact details but apparently there was some tech inside the latest 360 models that are owned by motorolla or something like that so motorolla has filed lawsuit against microsoft. this led to the ban of 360 sales in multiple countries and if passed in u.s. court it will go to the president to decide if microsoft can still sell it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2012, 07:06

Hi

I have a xbox myself and there is something you must pay attention to.
To play online or chat/talk/videochat with friends you have to buy xbox live gold. This costs you €40 to €60 a year.
Games on my xbox look excellent and I don't think it makes any difference with the ps3. To confirm this you could watch comparison videos.

No, I don't think the xbox will come out at the end of this year. Rumors almost never come true. Who would use the name 720? Well I wouldn't, it doesn't 'flow out of the mouth' lol. If the name isn't even confirmed what about a release date or hardware specs? Neither.
I don't say it won't come out this year but I don't think it will.

Neither would buy a game pc because it's much expensiver, and yes there are better graphics and yes you need the double money as a pay in for those graphics.

You can buy a xbox360, but the oldest version with only 8 gb of memory. You can play cod on it too and it saves you money, and if the x720 or ps4 would come out this year you can buy that too.

I don't use the x360 as a media center but ofcourse you could. You can also rent films. It's a good thing, but the ps3 on the other side can read blueray. It depends on both consoles if you're going to use the extra's including the exclusives. If you won't use any I would buy ps3 because you don't have to pay for gaming. You can google on the exclusives because if you want to play minecraft.. it's xbox only. Halo too.

Good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2012, 07:34

there were rumors of newly registered sites under some name like xbox8 or something like that can't remember.

i'm not yet convinced it would be named that. but i'm not one to speculate against something like 720 either... afterall, people panned nintendo for revolution and then panned it for launching it as wii, and also the wii-u... but time will tell. Smile

if you're going multi platform games, i would suggest pc or ps3. i don't have live. but i do have experience playing on it via school games or friend and to cut off all ties between fanboy wars. there is no huge significant difference between cod for ps3 and cod for 360.

excluding the "microsoft gets the mappacks first." arguement.
yes its connection is a bit better, however.
1. it still lags.
2. its still host sided.

its not like xbl enables dedicated servers that will work near 90% of the time cause it doesn't. its the company that runs the game that are in charge of it.

if i recall correctly, xbl gold membership is like 6 or 9 bucks a month?

----------- (once my home forum site is back up running i can copy and paste my game reviews for everyone to see, they aren't point scored as i don't do that, i just judge it based on how i saw it)

i'll give my inputs about exclusives tomorrow or another day...

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 09 Jul 2012, 21:52

.pointer wrote:You can buy a xbox360, but the oldest version with only 8 gb of memory. You can play cod on it too and it saves you money, and if the x720 or ps4 would come out this year you can buy that too.
Hi there,

But you'll still need an expensive television - worth a new, good gaming PC - for the game to look good, right?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Jan 2013, 15:59

PS3 has free online while in Xbox you have to pay for it

Xbox has better graphics then PS3 in my opinion.

Some games are exclusive to specific consoles eg(God of War for PS3 and Halo for Xbox)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top