Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to decrapify a .Sims3Pack file and avoid the "Please update game launcher" error.

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to decrapify a .Sims3Pack file and avoid the "Please update game launcher" error. - Page 3 Empty How to decrapify a .Sims3Pack file and avoid the "Please update game launcher" error.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:27

First topic message reminder :

Hello,

Here's my "decrapifying setup" for your convenience: 

Arrow  Download Link!

If you ever run into a package or sims3pack that won't install (the "failure due to software update") you can now decrapify them quickly and easily.
There's a user guide included, which will tell you exactly what to do.

Admin edit: This might not work for some The Sims 3 Exchange items. If you still get this specific error after trying to install a .Sims3Pack file, try this little guide here: https://www.games4theworld.club/t7029-the-sims-3-cc-please-make-sure-your-game-has-the-latest-software-updates-and-try-again-error-s-100-solution

- ADMIN

Last edited by Ɛɗιη on Tue 13 Jun 2017, 11:07; edited 2 times in total
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

How to decrapify a .Sims3Pack file and avoid the "Please update game launcher" error. - Page 3 Empty Re: How to decrapify a .Sims3Pack file and avoid the "Please update game launcher" error.

Post by Guest Mon 17 Jun 2013, 19:30

Does the decrapify trick still work?  Because I downloaded some stuff from the exchange , I followed all those steps , but I still get the "please update your game" error

Back to top Go down

How to decrapify a .Sims3Pack file and avoid the "Please update game launcher" error. - Page 3 Empty Re: How to decrapify a .Sims3Pack file and avoid the "Please update game launcher" error.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 17 Jun 2013, 19:50

Crissu xD wrote:Does the decrapify trick still work?  Because I downloaded some stuff from the exchange , I followed all those steps , but I still get the "please update your game" error

Hello,

Have you already looked at this article here ? Smile

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t7029-the-sims-3-cc-please-make-sure-your-game-has-the-latest-software-updates-and-try-again-error-s-100-solution

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Jun 2013, 20:16

Oh, I actually haven't. Thank you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 14:01

Is it safe to CC Magic cuz i see the file last update was 2012 . Just want to make sure . Don't it to corrupt my sims file or other files .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 16:50

The file doesn't seem to be corrupted, but still CC magic doesn't seem to work for me. I mean, I followed all the steps, I 'rebuilt' the CC I wanted to install, but they won't show up in the game. Also, I tried to delete the Cache files, but still nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 18 Jun 2013, 21:20

Hello,

If you have any problems or questions, please open a new topic in the correct section. Thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jul 2013, 23:39

ok, this will not open for me so i cannot read it! how do i decripify PLEASE!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Jul 2013, 21:58

THIS WONT HELP .PACKAGE FILES PROB? SIGH HELP!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 18 Jul 2013, 00:32

onip wrote:THIS WONT HELP .PACKAGE FILES PROB? SIGH HELP!
Hello,

You can decrapify .package files, as they have no kind of security.
If you run into any more problems, please open a new topic in the correct section, instead of posting here.

//EDIT

I probably meant "can't". Facepalm

Last edited by Adminator on Thu 10 Oct 2013, 21:33; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2013, 01:14

Thank you!!! <3 You guys rock!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 21:21

Thanks very much for this tool it will save me hours of heartache
Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Dec 2013, 01:03

It worked fine thanks a Lot

Back to top Go down

How to decrapify a .Sims3Pack file and avoid the "Please update game launcher" error. - Page 3 Empty Box disappears

Post by Guest Fri 20 Dec 2013, 18:36

I have winzip installed. I have managed open the Decrapify folder, but when I drag my problem items onto the decrapify area, the box automatically disappears and I cannot retrieve the item to place into the s3rc.exe folder. I have even downloaded the one from MoreAwesomeThanYou and I get the same problem. Is it my computer? or something I might be doing wrong? These corners on these counters are annoying me! I want to be able to create a style on them!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Mar 2014, 19:21

So, uh, the linky doesn't seem to be working...?  I'm pretty sure I've used it before, but when I click on the link in the first post, it directs me to adfly, and then promptly gives me a blank screen with the classic page can not be found error.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I could really use a decrapifier right about now.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 13 Mar 2014, 19:34

darkgoddessnight wrote:So, uh, the linky doesn't seem to be working...?  I'm pretty sure I've used it before, but when I click on the link in the first post, it directs me to adfly, and then promptly gives me a blank screen with the classic page can not be found error.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I could really use a decrapifier right about now.

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know about this ! Smile  It's not working for me either; but I'm not sure if that's just something "temporary", or if the account has been taken down.

In any case, I temporarily re-uploaded it to my personal MediaFire account here, until the Admin fixes that: http://goo.gl/Fztp52

Have fun ! Very Happy

//EDIT

I assume you are using Windows ? Because this tool doesn't (directly) work on Macs. There are ways to get .exe files working there too, but that's beyond the scope of this topic. Razz  So yes, this is designed for Windows in the first place.

//EDIT2

Nevermind, the link in Lady ElDi's post seems to be working again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Mar 2014, 23:38

It does seem to be working now.  Looks like it was only a temporary glitch Smile.
I appreciate your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top