Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Netbook running super slow...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Netbook running super slow... - Page 2 Empty Netbook running super slow...

Post by Guest Fri 17 Aug 2012, 04:27

First topic message reminder :

Hey everyone,

My brother got a Acer Aspire One netbook for his brithday from my parents so he could take to uni, when he first got it, it came with windows 7 starter, and he decided that he would upgrade to windows 7 home premium, and since then its been going really really slow. When you start it up it takes about 10-15 minutes before you can actually do anything on it, web pages take awhile to actually load (like 3-5 minutes) and just opening firefox takes ages, which really doesn't help him when hes at uni and needs to do some quick research. Hes had it for around a year, and doesn't really use it that often because of how slow it is.

Do you guys think its the operating system hes running making it slow? What operating system would you recommend? (he said he didn't like windows 7 starter because he felt limited in what he could do, altho I've never tried windows 7 starter myself, so i'm unsure of the limitations it contains)
And how would I be able to put a new operating system on (remember its a netbook, so it has no disc drive) Any other suggestions?

Thanks Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Netbook running super slow... - Page 2 Empty Re: Netbook running super slow...

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2012, 12:57

Admin wrote:Hello,

64-bit is slowly getting the new standard. Back with Vista and XP almost everyone used 32-bit, since you could hardly find any 64-bit programs.
Also, if you want to install a 64-bit Windows, be sure that it's actually present on the installation disc. Some Windows installation discs only have the 32-bit version on them.
During the Windows installation you usually get to choose which version you want to install.

Note that "x86" stands for 32-bit.

Okay thanks, Just wondering if the games4theworld windows 7 download includes the 64 bit option??

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 23 Aug 2012, 13:24

Hello,

It includes all versions of the Operating System, both 32-bit and 64-bit. Though the current version we have uploaded, can not be used to boot.

Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2012, 13:31

Admin wrote:Hello,

It includes all versions of the Operating System, both 32-bit and 64-bit. Though the current version we have uploaded, can not be used to boot.

Oh okay, is that an error or just how it is (not being able to be used from boot)? I'll probably need one to use from boot, since I'm adding and changing stuff within the PC, I'm 99% sure theres no OS/software.

If it is an error, do you know if it will be fixed by mid September? (Thats the aprox time when I should have all the parts ready, so I'll be OS hunting by then)

Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 23 Aug 2012, 13:37

Hello,

We'll be releasing a "fixed" version very soon, stay tuned for that.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2012, 13:38

Okay, thanks Very Happy and I will.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top