Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Supernatural and other expaxion packs dissapeared from the game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Supernatural and other expaxion packs dissapeared from the game  Empty The Sims 3 Supernatural and other expaxion packs dissapeared from the game

Post by Guest Wed 19 Sep 2012, 16:21

The Sims 3 Supernatural and other expaxion packs dissapeared from the game  1490881299 here so please help
I downloaded The Sims 3 Katy Perry ;Sims 3 supernatural;Sims 3 Diesel;Sims 3 master Suite and The Sims 3 outdoor living from games4theworld but I already had the Generation Ambitions Pets World adventures High end Loft Fast lane and Late night that I got from ea
Everything Installed properly But when I played The game My lot used to be attacked by zombies every night and i could not interact with them. I was told that this isn't normal and I should dis-install everything,that's what I did,Later on I installed The Sims 3 base game Re installed all the games I downloaded form here Played the game to make sure everything works then installed the original disks But now all the games that I got from here are no longer active in the game Their icon at the bottom of the page is gray and all the the stuff from the games are no longer in the game ,I read An article here about that so dis-installed all the games I got from here but when I try to install them the installer has a problem upgrading the game and said that it cannot continue for all the addition packs
The Sims 3 Supernatural and other expaxion packs dissapeared from the game  2830496658

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Supernatural and other expaxion packs dissapeared from the game  Empty Re: The Sims 3 Supernatural and other expaxion packs dissapeared from the game

Post by Admin Wed 19 Sep 2012, 18:37

Hello,

Can you please post a screenshot of that error?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Supernatural and other expaxion packs dissapeared from the game  Empty Re: The Sims 3 Supernatural and other expaxion packs dissapeared from the game

Post by Admin Wed 19 Sep 2012, 21:25

Hello,

First do step 2 and then continue with step 1 again: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Please let us know the result; good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Sep 2012, 16:33

Now all the icons of the games I got from here are gray (again)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Sep 2012, 16:44

It sounds like that you are having a Registry error.
So you should uninstall it all, clear the Registry, re-start computer, re-install the games, carefully following the step-by-step guide from here
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

How to clear the Registry
Go to the computer the game is installed upon. If the computer is
using Windows XP, 98, or any older version of Windows, click Start >
Run; in the box, type regedit and hit the enter key. For Windows Vista or 7, type regedit into the "Search programs and files" box, then click regedit.exe.
In the window that opens, click the + sign next to the words
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE". You should now see several more folders, such as
"SYSTEM" and "SOFTWARE". Keep opening folders, in this sequence:

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

• SOFTWARE

• Wow6432Node (This folder will only appear if you have 64-bit Windows! If not, ignore this step.)
      • EA Games

• The Sims 2

• ergc

If you need the key for one of your expansion packs, look under the
appropriate folder in EA Games, such as The Sims 2 Open for Business.

In the pane on the right, you will see a line named default,
reg_sz. In the column entitled Data you will see a string of letters and
numbers. This is the license key for your copy of The Sims 2.

• Write it down in a safe place - some people write it on the
    Sims 2 disc with a special CD/acetate pen (NOT a ballpoint pen!), or on a
    bit of paper inside the CD case, or even into a text file that you can
    save somewhere you'll remember.

• When you have finished, close regedit.

Delete the files to clear the Registry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Sep 2012, 20:00

that helped with town life and master suite but not with Katy perry sweet treats ,Diesel and supernatural what do I do now ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Sep 2012, 01:47

I'll have to ask:
Did you apply the Ultimate FIX?

However there are also another thing with the 0x0175dbcc error.
Check the Registry again, but this time look at the
Install Dir and the exePath and see if they are correct.

It should tell where the games are install.
If the adress is incorrect, correct them by doubleclicking and fill in the correct path and restart the computer.
Then try to start the game again.

But if the Icons still are missing after checking the Registry, there is nothing more to do the same thing with Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Diesel and Supernatural over again.
But only them - there is no need to uninstall it all and begin all over again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 27 Sep 2012, 21:58

Hello,

When I said "Continue with step 1", I meant to do step 1 to 5 again !
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 19:57

Towards the admin, I did follow the steps, I did 2 then 1 then 2 again then up to 5 but at some point in the ultimate fix when they say to click refresh to see if there are any new upgrades there I have some problems, ever since I got the Sims the sims3 launcher says it 'cannot connect to origin' then 'internet explorer script error' and sometimes the launcher just closes by it self at soon as i load it .The only times when I can reach the refrech buttonn I get aigain the message Cannot connect to origin , but I already have origin installed,I did not mension this problem before because I had this problem ever scince I hand just the sims 3,And frankly I just use TS3EP03 to reach the game so I don't care about the launcher I hardly use it anyway ...
Towards Auntie Bella, I did apply the ultimate fix,sorry but I don't know how to check Install Dir and the exePath and see if they are correct.Could you please tell me how ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 20:49

It's okay, that you don't know how to. Very Happy

However I do believe, that you have to un-install it all and re-install them.
This time in order.

1. The Sims 3
2. The Sims 3: World Adventures
3. The Sims 3: High-End Loft Stuff
4. The Sims 3: Ambitions
5. The Sims 3: Fast Lane Stuff
6. The Sims 3: Late Night
7. The Sims 3: Outdoor Living Stuff
8. The Sims 3: Generations (May 31, 2011)
9. The Sims 3: Town Life Stuff
10. The Sims 3: Pets
11. The Sims 3: Master Suite
12. The Sims 3: Showtime
13. The Sims 3: Katy Perry's Sweet Treats Stuff
14. The Sims 3: Diesel Stuff
15. The Sims 3: Supernatural

If you should experience at error again, check if any icons are missing, if so, clear their reg and remove the games and re-install them.
Just like you did before.
(You mention:

that helped with town life and master suite but not with Katy perry sweet treats ,Diesel and supernatural what do I do now ?

If it's total wacked, you need the Admin to check everything via Teamviewer, when he has time.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 29 Sep 2012, 13:16

Hello,

I don't think a complete reinstall is in order to be honest. In stead of opening the launcher to patch, use the manual patch. Right now that is the best option, since the launcher will patch you to 1.39 and the fix for that game version isn't ready yet.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 18:05

I cleared the registry restarted the computer deinsalled the games the reinstalled now I only have the sims 3 base game and the other games are gone !

//EDIT

I redid all the instructions of lady ELDI and it finaly installed Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 23 Oct 2012, 18:53

Hello,

Glad to hear that did the trick!
Anything else we can currently help you with?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Oct 2012, 11:53

I've had the same problem. I installed the base game, katy perry, diesel and supernatural.
so I did everything thats been posted in this topic at least 3 times ( i seriously did it exactly as the steps told me to). now that it finally shows the icons (they're not grey anymore) the game asks me to insert the disc sims 3 supernatural. i really dont know what to do anymore Sad
please help

//EDIT

Now I re-copy pasted the crack for diesel etc. from the ultimate fix to the Programfiles-EA-Sims3-Game-Bin file.
the
games have dissapered yet again and I get a pop-up saying I did an
unofficial game change. when I ignore this the base sims 3 game starts
loading but crashes when its done loading every time. I also tried
emptying the registry. reinstalling everything again and got this same
result. ):

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Oct 2012, 20:23

I ran into this problem too , so I just cleared the registry ,uninstalled All the games ,re-installed all the games in order
1. The Sims 3
2. The Sims 3: World Adventures
3. The Sims 3: High-End Loft Stuff
4. The Sims 3: Ambitions
5. The Sims 3: Fast Lane Stuff
6. The Sims 3: Late Night
7. The Sims 3: Outdoor Living Stuff
8. The Sims 3: Generations (May 31, 2011)
9. The Sims 3: Town Life Stuff
10. The Sims 3: Pets
11. The Sims 3: Master Suite
12. The Sims 3: Showtime
13. The Sims 3: Katy Perry's Sweet Treats Stuff
14. The Sims 3: Diesel Stuff
15. The Sims 3: Supernatural ( Thx Lady Eldi Very Happy)
After every installation of an new expansion I launched the game launcher ,saw if the icon of the expansion is there, quit then added the next expansion I got some icons that didn't appear and " unofficial game change" So I just cleared the expansions registry ONLY of the latest expansion installed, deinstalled it, reinstalled it and the icon appeared and no problem occurred ...
But I'm not sure if it will work with you you have a windows Vista,I Xp And I'm still a Noob,The Sims 3 Supernatural and other expaxion packs dissapeared from the game  1490881299 so you should wait for the admin or Lady Eldi to approve what I did before trying it unless you are very eager to play !
To Admin I already started a new topic called magic tree problem and collecton journal problem or something like that ... you and Lady already helped me with the tree I am now waiting for help with the collection journal Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Oct 2012, 11:03

Okay sinds it helpen you, I cleared the registry from the last expansion, deinstalled it, reinstalled it. but it just stays the same. the icons are still grey and I still get "unofficial game change" but thanks anyway. (:

I'm wondering about something else. in one of the comments above it says 'there no working fix for version 1.39 yet.'but when I use the manual patch it does update to version 1.39...

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 25 Oct 2012, 12:20

L345521 wrote:
After every installation of an new expansion I launched the game launcher ,saw if the icon of the expansion is there, quit then added the next expansion I got some icons that didn't appear and " unofficial game change" So I just cleared the expansions registry ONLY of the latest expansion installed, deinstalled it, reinstalled it and the icon appeared and no problem occurred ...
Hello there,

No need to check the launcher after each install. Sometimes icons won't show up, but they will after finishing all these steps: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

miess wrote:I'm wondering about something else. in one of the comments above it says 'there no working fix for version 1.39 yet.'but when I use the manual patch it does update to version 1.39...
That was almost a month ago; it's working with 1.39 now!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Oct 2012, 21:19

okay, so 1.39 is the right version. but it still doesn't work on my pc, is there anything else I could try? If not I give up Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 26 Oct 2012, 19:21

miess wrote:okay, so 1.39 is the right version. but it still doesn't work on my pc, is there anything else I could try? If not I give up Razz
Admin wrote:Sometimes icons won't show up, but they will after finishing all these steps: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
DO NOT skip any steps and re-do all instructions, including RE-DOWNLOADING the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top