Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to install Sims 3 with or without EP's on Mac + DMG creating. (Mac final)

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to install Sims 3 with or without EP's on Mac + DMG creating. (Mac final) - Page 4 Empty How to install Sims 3 with or without EP's on Mac + DMG creating. (Mac final)

Post by Guest Sat 22 Sep 2012, 22:44

First topic message reminder :

This guide is outdated, check out the most UP-TO-DATE version here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11808-brand-new-how-to-install-the-sims-3-on-mac-os-guide-read-it-here-now-new

- Have fun!

- ADMIN

For the past few days, I have done excessive research, reading multiple posts on how to properly install Sims 3 and get through all the errors. After reinstalling sims 3 + Expansion Packs multiples of times, I have finally gotten Sims 3 to work on Mac with Expansion Packs! So to try and help other people out, I just wanted to share my instructions on how I downloaded & installed Sims 3 from beginning to end.

PLEASE FOLLOW ALL OF THESE INSTRUCTIONS. (DO NOT SKIP A STEP.)

Lingo Legend
EP - Expansion Pack

BEFORE BEGINNING INSTALLATION, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A SUFFICIENT AMOUNT OF SPACE IN YOUR COMPUTER.

Things you will be downloading/installing/needing:
-Sims 3 Reloaded ( http://goo.gl/KMISv )
-Expansion Pack(s) ( www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html )
-Torrent Program (bit torrent, utorrent, etc.) (Can be found on Google.)
(This will be used to download Sims 3 Reloaded & EP's)
-Sims 3 Ultimate Mac Fix ( www.games4theworld.org/fixes.html )
-Stuffit Expander ( www.stuffit-expander.en.softonic.com/mac )
-Disk Utility (comes with the Mac.)

(just copy and paste addresses into address bar/google. Should show up as first search result.)
Before starting this, I suggest you to download/torrent/prepare all of the stated above first.

*NOTE* You do NOT have to use Sims3 Reloaded. AS LONG AS you find a base game that is mac-compatible & can update, feel free to use it.

(The Sims 3 provided on games4theworld.org does not properly work for mac & you will receive a service initialization error.)
1. Torrent "Sims 3" Reloaded (or whatever version of sims 3 you downloaded) & (if you would like,) other EP's.

2. After torrent has finished downloading, to find where you've downloaded the torrent, right-click it and click "Show In Finder".

3. Open up "The Sims 3 - Reloaded" folder. Double-click "rld-sim3.iso", Sims 3 installer should automatically pop-up.

4. Once you've hit the Serial Number page of the installation process, Go back to "The Sims 3 - Reloaded" folder.

3. Unzip "The Sims™️ 3 CRACK + Serial Mac.zip" file. (to where ever you want.)

4. Open up the folder that you've just unzipped. Inside should be 3 files named: "info.plist", "INSTRUCTIONS + Serial", "TS3.exe". Click "INSTRUCTIONS + Serial".

5. Open "INSTRUCTIONS + Serial" and copy & paste the serial number that was provided in the document into that serial number page.

6. Now you have completely installed The Sims 3 base game.
---For those who would just like to ONLY have the Sims 3 base game:
(You will be replacing two files.)
6a. Copy the "TS3.exe" file that was also provided in "The Sims™️ 3 CRACK + Serial Mac" folder.
6b. Navigate to where you installed your Sims 3 base game .app & right click it.
6c. Click "Show Package Contents" > Contents > Resources > transgaming > c_drive > Program
Files > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Game > Bin
6d. MAKE SURE YOU ARE INSIDE THE BIN FOLDER AND NOT IN A FOLDER WITHIN THE BIN FOLDER. Then Paste and replace the "TS3.exe" file into the Bin folder.
6e. Go back to "The Sims™️ 3 CRACK + Serial Mac" folder, copy the "Info.plist".
6f. Navigate back to your Sims 3 base game .app. Right click > "Show Package Contents" > Contents > "Paste" > "Replace"
6g. You're finished! Smile have fun!

7. After you have installed The Sims 3 base game, UPDATE IT FIRST before installing EP's. (just click "yes" and "okay" to all questions asking if you want to update) *NOTE* update WILL take awhile.
KEEP IN MIND: I've found out that when I minimize the update, it stops updating (which is weird), so maybe you should avoid that as well.

8. While that's updating, if you would like to cut time, I suggest you to already make your DMG's for your Expansion Pack installations. BUT if you know your computer will freeze while you're doing excessive amount of loading and unloading files, please don't do it.
*NOTE* REFER TO BOTTOM INSTRUCTIONS

9. After completely finishing the update, If you haven't do so already, refer to and follow the bottom instructions on how to create an empty DMG for your EPs.

10. Mount (which can be done double-clicking) desired EP unto disk utility. Double-click & open the "{EP's Name} Installer", which is inside the EP DMG that you just created.
*NOTE* MAKE SURE THE EP IS BEING INSTALLED INTO THE SAME FOLDER AS THE SIMS3 (BASE GAME/RELOADED) APP.

11. Once you've hit the serial number page of the installation process in any of the EP installations, inside the EP EMG, you'll see a file named "# Instructions", open it. There are multiples of serial #'s to choose from. Choose one.

12. After you have successfully installed ALL your desired EPs, unrar "The Sims 3 Mac Crack.rar" (which you should have downloaded from games4theworld.org) & open the folder that was unrared.
*NOTE* (In the future/soon) If you ever decide to install additional EPs after you've completely installed everything (completing all steps 1-11), just install it like you normally would (following steps 10-11), then repeat steps 12-17. (In other words, recopy the files from the #crack folder into the "bin" folder AFTER EACH TIME you install a new EP.)

13. ONLY FOCUS ON THE "# crack" FOLDER. Open that folder. Copy BOTH of the two files (the only two files inside that folder). (should end with .exe & .dll)

14. Navigate BACK to the Sims 3 (BASE GAME). *VERY IMPORTANT*

15. Right click the Sims 3 (BASE GAME) app & Click "Show Package Contents".

16. After right clicking, click Contents > Resources > transgaming > c_drive > Program Files > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Game > Bin

17. COPY THE TWO FILES INTO THE FOLDER "BIN" (and make sure it's in the BIN folder, not a folder IN the bin folder)

*IMPORTANT NOTE* to prevent other mistakable errors.
If you change the folder name where your Sims 3 (base and EPs) is located AFTER you've installed everything, you will receive an error. so DON'T DO IT.
Name the folder you want it to be BEFORE you install all sims 3 games and stick with it.

(From past experience, this also applies to almost all game-related things.)

18. You're finally done! Smile HAVE FUN!

If you have any questions, please don't be afraid to ask! I'm still human, so I may have accidentally left a detail out or may not have been clear on some parts. I hope this guide helped you out! Good luck & have fun!! Very Happy cheers

HOW TO MAKE A DMG FROM THE .RAR FILE DOWNLOADED FROM GAMES4THEWORLD.ORG:

*Please Note*: This is for EACH of the Expansion packs. In other words, you will need to repeat this whole process for EACH INDIVIDUAL Expansion Pack that you downloaded.

1. Download/torrent the desired EP from the games4theworld.org downloads page. (if you haven't done so already)

2. Unrar it using ONLY STUFFIT EXPLORER to where ever you want. (desktop is fine.)
-This is to ensure that all the files you will be needing is unrared into one folder. Other "unrar" programs don't do that. So to prevent further frustration, just do it.

3. As that's unraring, open up "Disk Utility" which can be found in the utilities of your applications folder OR you can click (cmd + space) and type in "Disk Utility", it should show right up.

4. In "Disk Utility", click "New Image". This should open up some sort of "Save as" type window. Navigate to where you would like your DMG (desktop is fine here, as well).

5. In the "Save As" & "Name" title bar, i suggest you name it the EP's name. (just so you won't get confused)

6. In "Size", just to be safe, I've used the "8.3 (DVD+R DL)" so that all the files that will be pasted in here later will be able to fit. Then kept everything the same.
-Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
-Encryption: none
-Partitions: Single partition - Apple Partition Map
-Image Format: read/write disk image

7. Press "Create". Wait for it to finish. Congrats! You've created an empty DMG. but you're not finished yet.

8. Now, going back to your EP that was unraring, once it's finished it should've turned into a folder to where ever you unrared it to.

9. Open that folder and copy ALL the files WITHIN the EP folder. DO NOT just copy the whole folder itself. You can use the shortcuts: (cmd + a) then, (cmd + c).

10. Navigate back to the empty DMG file you created in step 7. Open it.
*NOTE* You can open it from your desktop if it shows up just double-click it. If it isn't there, open up "Finder" and it should be under "devices", BUT if it's not under "devices", click "_____'s Macbook" and it should be in there.

11. Once you're inside your empty DMG file, paste the files you copied from the EP folder in step 9. You can use the shortcut: (cmd + v).
*NOTE* may take awhile.

12. Repeat steps 1-11 for all Expansion Packs that you have downloaded.

13. When finished, you will now able to access all the files that you will need for installation. (go back to step 10 on main instructions.)

Last edited by Admin on Fri 24 May 2013, 18:32; edited 13 times in total (Reason for editing : Added new link for the torrent Sims 3 Reloaded)

Back to top Go down

How to install Sims 3 with or without EP's on Mac + DMG creating. (Mac final) - Page 4 Empty Re: How to install Sims 3 with or without EP's on Mac + DMG creating. (Mac final)

Post by Phoebe Wed 08 May 2013, 10:45

Hello Simbob,

Yes, you can delete the .rar files or .dmgs right after you installed the games you want. But I suggest you to keep them somewhere, as we can encounter with a problem in game and sometimes we need to reinstall. If you have a external hard disk, you can save them there.

And please do not hesitate to ask if you have something in your mind.

Welcome to the forum Smile

Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Back to top Go down

How to install Sims 3 with or without EP's on Mac + DMG creating. (Mac final) - Page 4 Empty Re: How to install Sims 3 with or without EP's on Mac + DMG creating. (Mac final)

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 19:23

Hey guys I downloaded a stuff pack from you and i did all the steps but I couldn't get it to work, then i noticed it was because I had used the unarchiver instead of Stuffit to expand it, so i downloaded it and tried expanding it but it says "The Stuffit Engine was unable to determine the file format". What can i do to unrar it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Fri 10 May 2013, 21:04

Hello,

You should have used the StuffIt, we all use it for unrar it.. Are you sure your Stuffit Expander works fine? Or your file isn't corrupted?
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 May 2013, 21:19

Hey not sure I came across anyone praising you yet but thank you this worked for me. Very Happy
I only installed one expansion last night so I haven't got to try your tip on adding more after patching with the Ultimate Fix but Thank you a lot.

You are the only reason I made an account.

I was nervous when it froze the first time i loaded it up but after I just force quit and restarted all was good. Thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 May 2013, 12:08

Hello there...well fist I want to say Thank you so much!!! I finally got it to work Very Happy but the problem now is..I followed all the steps for creating a DMG file and when I fist did it with UniversityLife everything worked fine. Then I did the same with Generations but it seems like it doesn't work because when I try to open the installer app it only bounces on my start menu and won't open the installer page...can somebody help me please? Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 May 2013, 13:42

Does it matter what stuffit version you have?

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sun 19 May 2013, 16:37

Hello all,

Thanks for reaching us to help, and we really try to help you all tam together. But if you pay attention to little notes (like red big letters saying DO NOT POST GAME PROBLEMS HERE) it'd be very easy for us to help Smile

What I want to say is, if you have problem, and you're sure you've searched it through forum and you couldn't find a solution, please open a new thread under Mac Support section, where we easily see your thread and help you.

Thank you all!
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top