Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to install Supernatural (w/ Blackbox Complete Pack!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to install Supernatural (w/ Blackbox Complete Pack!) Empty How to install Supernatural (w/ Blackbox Complete Pack!)

Post by Guest Fri 05 Oct 2012, 01:13

I finally found out how to make Supernatural work for Blackbox, and it's actually really simple. Didn't know where else to post this (there isn't a tutorial section D:) so anyway, if a mod sees this and it's in the wrong place move it to the right section please.

I've been having this problem for a while, and I finally found out how to fix it 2 days ago, so I thought I'd help out everyone who downloaded the Blackbox Complete version who want Supernatural! Decided to see if there were any problems before making a tutorial, it's been working smoothly with no problems whatsoever. So here you go!

THINGS YOU WILL NEED:
- The Sims 3 Complete by Blackbox
- The Sims 3 Base Game (NOT Blackbox)
- The Sims 3 Supernatural (download one WITH the Supernatural crack, or this won't work!)

1. Download The Sims 3 Base Game first, after it finishes update it to the latest version.
2. Once it's finished updating download The Sims 3 Supernatural,
3. When it's done go to:

My Computer > Local Disc C: (or whichever hard drive you downloaded Sims on) > Program Files > EA Games

4. Move The Sims 3 folder to the desktop; leave the Supernatural folder by itself.
5. Download the Blackbox Complete version, NOTE: Make the unpack folder in the EA folder mentioned above.
6. Once it's done go to the EA Folder, and move The Sims 3 game folder (Blackbox version of it) somewhere else; if you want to put it on the desktop then just rename it something so that it doesn't overwrite the other Sims 3 folder we put there.
7. After that just put the Sims 3 folder (Main, not Blackbox) into the EA folder.

AGAIN make sure the version of Supernatural you downloaded came with a crack, or else this wont work:

You must put the Supernatural crack into: EA Games > The Sims 3 > Game > Bin

Launch the game from the TS3W.exe file, and you're ready to play Very Happy!
It reads all of the expansions, so no need to worry. Nothing is missing from Supernatural either, it loads perfectly and it adds all the features to the game from the new lunar cycle, all the way to werewolves randomly appearing, witches, better and more mysterious vampires, etc... <3 !!!

How to install Supernatural (w/ Blackbox Complete Pack!) 567613

To break it down to you this is what you basically should've done:

Download Base Game by itself
Update to recent version
Download Supernatural
Move Base Game folder out of the EA folder temporarily
Unpack (install) Blackbox Complete to the EA folder
Move the Blackbox version of Base Game out of there
Move the first base game to the EA folder
Put the Supernatural Crack into the Base Game /bin folder
Run the game through TS3W.exe
DONE!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Forgot to include that once you first start up the game, it might show a black screen BUT that's just because a pop-up came up to ask if you'd like to run the Sims 3 still because the base game knows the expansions are modified due to Blackbox. Simply press ALT+Tab to switch to desktop, (at that point you should see the pop-up quickly disappear), once that happens open it once again and it should show the message clearly without it being hidden. Press "continue" and then PLAY.  Very Happy  Very Happy

DO NOT POST ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS IN THIS TOPIC. INSTEAD, PLEASE OPEN A NEW TOPIC IN THE APPROPRIATE FORUM-SECTION, EITHER "THE SIMS 3 DOWNLOADS SUPPORT" OR "THE SIMS 3 IN-GAME SUPPORT"! THANK-YOU-NOTES CAN BE POSTED IN THE SECTION WITH THE SAME NAME.

Note that any and all questions posted under this thread, will be deleted without any explanation or advance warning. We have the Forum sections dedicated to Support purposes, for a reason.

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 19:22; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : fix)

Back to top Go down

How to install Supernatural (w/ Blackbox Complete Pack!) Empty Re: How to install Supernatural (w/ Blackbox Complete Pack!)

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 05 Oct 2012, 10:52

Thanks for sharing Smile
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

How to install Supernatural (w/ Blackbox Complete Pack!) Empty Re: How to install Supernatural (w/ Blackbox Complete Pack!)

Post by Admin Fri 05 Oct 2012, 10:56

Hello,

Indeed, thanks for sharing.
Though I don't think your PC will recognize the base game as a separately installed game and you therefore won't be able to install any more expansions.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 05 Oct 2012, 11:04

Hello,

I think the entire trick will have to be done again if another EP is out. So while it works, it's probably still easier to just download everything separately.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 05 Oct 2012, 11:06

Hello,

I don't think it's a long-term solution.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 05 Oct 2012, 11:12

Admin wrote:Hello,

I don't think it's a long-term solution.

Same here, but at least it's an option.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

How to install Supernatural (w/ Blackbox Complete Pack!) Empty :]

Post by Guest Fri 05 Oct 2012, 17:22

Lady ElDi wrote:Thanks for sharing Smile

No Problem! Thought I'd help out since after looking around for a couple hours I couldn't find anything for myself, haha.

Admin wrote:Hello,

Indeed, thanks for sharing.
Though I don't think your PC will recognize the base game as a separately installed game and you therefore won't be able to install any more expansions.

I'll test it out once Seasons comes out! Pretty sure it will work though... otherwise I'll find a solution to it. Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 22:06

What is meant by "blackbox"? I don't think I ever came across this term before?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 10 Oct 2012, 22:09

deblake60 wrote:What is meant by "blackbox"? I don't think I ever came across this term before?
Hello,

It's an uploader who is master of modifying stuff. (NOT good in the case of The Sims 3, as your PC doesn't recognize the game as a separately installed game!)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 22:18

Oh, okay. Thanks Admin!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2013, 11:54

You don't need to try Seasons.Because i tried it İT WORKS cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 17:58

I have just registered to thank you, cause this worked for me!
First, with the crack of supernatural expansion it didn't work, the game won't start ..
But then i installed the Seasons expansion and it worked with it's crack! so thank you!
(sorry for my bad english, i'm Argentinian!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Feb 2013, 20:28

deblake60 wrote:What is meant by "blackbox"? I don't think I ever came across this term before?

It's a package of all the sims games together. It's a pain to get working correctly though and it's really just easier to get everything separately and then use the ultimate patch set that you can get from here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Mar 2013, 18:49

Thank you very much for sharing this dude!

Just to keep it up to date and your fix validated. I got it working with all the new expansions, till 70s, 80s and 90s stuff.

Cheers and regards!

Last edited by pblack748 on Sun 03 Mar 2013, 18:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell check :P)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2013, 04:20

I used to use the blackbox version and your guide here is great.

The way I fixed the problems with updating and installing new expansions at the time was editing the registry files. They get all screwed up when updating the game.

That said I had a major in game problem and eventually moved on to downloading all expansions separately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 05:20

I downloaded black box as well, you just have to remove the basegame as that was modified and replace it with a original one that you install at the same location then you're all set. Every other dlc in blackbox (if you downloaded the complete edition) are just fine. Just install whatever you want to install to the blackbox location, use the latest superpatch and this sites cracks/ultimate fix if you have to and you won't face any problems at all.

I just installed movie stuff from here to blackbox and it's running smooth, I didn't have to change any registry files or anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Dec 2013, 23:19

I guess u guys are right about this working with only one expansion
Me i have such a complete expansion...till showtime 
So i decided to install expansions
Well i didnt read this blog...i just tried things....and got up with the same method as urs
Or kind of similar
What i have done was install the complete with showtime...then i got the base game to be installed OVER the one that existed with the complete....
and after that i installed super natural...and with its crack
AND everything worked out

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top