Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Troll virus attacked my computer, help please :] [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Troll virus attacked my computer, help please :] [SOLVED] Empty Troll virus attacked my computer, help please :] [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 15:37

Hi all,

Okay I opened a mediafire account(it was NOT one of yours, so don't worry), however it was a cruel joke that someone told me to open. I thought it was a virus free download considering i've never had issues with mediafire before. Now I know, mediafire can host anything. So here is what the virus was: a troll virus. Apparently, it is a "safe" virus that you can prank your friends with. I don't exactly see how it's safe because A) it put me in panic mode b/c I don't have anti-ware stuff, B) it locked task manager C) my pc is saying it is at risk now so more than ever. I went online to see how I could recover my task manager b/c I use my task manager quite a lot. And windows 7 said to do a regedit in registry and stuff. I decided not to do that for two reasons: you can seriously mess up your pc if you don't know what you are doing and b/c I couldn't find the right "process" or whatever. Windows also said I could unlock it by right clicking and it's locked. I'm admin on my computer but when I try to unlock it, there isn't even an option for task manager anymore. Would someone kindly help me? Also, this is not a fix in which you can do a restore:[ I tried that already. Thank you all in advance.

Back to top Go down

Troll virus attacked my computer, help please :] [SOLVED] Empty Re: Troll virus attacked my computer, help please :] [SOLVED]

Post by t2sink Thu 01 Nov 2012, 18:08

You don't have a Anti-Virus? O.o

I was trying to find something to see what it is, and I'm not sure what it is, but I found a article on a virus that does lock out task manager, and how to re-enable it, but yeah requires registry editing.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Anti_virus_for_nhatquanglan

But back to a Anti-Virus, Microsoft Security Essentials is free and really good. So if it's just a prank virus might not block websites and such, so you can still download it, and clean it from your computer.

I just give my friends links to shock sites.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Troll virus attacked my computer, help please :] [SOLVED] Empty Re: Troll virus attacked my computer, help please :] [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 01 Nov 2012, 19:42

wackgloony helped me, i did malware bytes, and it fixed it! ^^ so happy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 01 Nov 2012, 22:30

Hello,

Glad to hear you got it fixed!
And remember: a good antivirus is VERY important, as you can see!

Let us know if you need any more assistance, please. Very Happy
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top