Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Error reading game files $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt" [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Error reading game files $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt" [SOLVED] Empty "Error reading game files $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt" [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 20:01

I have a problem when installing Seasons EP, I am a Mac user and have extracted the files with Stuffit expander and created a .DMG file using Disk Utility, but when I install the EP it comes up with an error saying "Error reading game files $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt" with the option close and then the installer window crashes.

Does anybody have a solution?

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

"Error reading game files $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt" [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Error reading game files $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt" [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 20:04

Im having the exact same problem. Please help!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

"Error reading game files $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt" [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Error reading game files $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt" [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 21:27

Well we can try to figure out what's wrong by first opening the file in question. It should be a text file that you can read when you manually open it up. If you cannot read it, then the file itself is corrupt and you would most likely need to get a new copy of the game.

Are you loading it from a disk or from the G4TW torrent?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 21:36

The text file being "Installation Guide"? I can open and read it just fine
I downloaded the torrent through PirateBay from the G4TW forum thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 03:02

No; you need to read the file located at the path that the error message identifies: $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt

install volume is the drive on which you installed your game...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 06:55

I am having this same problem. Hopefully someone will find out how to fix it soon, I am about to pull out my hair!

I have done a complete, clean install of TS3 and all expansions. I have store bought base game and G4TW/store bought expansions. I haven't had any problems installing any of the other expansions. I have updated to the newest version of the game as well.

I used Stuffit 13.0.2 and Disk Utility to make my .DMG and have tried re-UnRar-ing and making a fresh .DMG.

I am out of ideas though. Help?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 17:48

@ kassandie: Can you read the file at the specified path of the error? It's a Readme file in the Support folder

//EDIT

If you guys can find the file itself, I would suggest deleting it. It'd
probably be better to delete all of the Readme files in case they also
have weird characters in them that bug out the game. These files should
be in the Support folder as specified by the error path, on your
$INSTALLVOLUME (the drive on which you have the game installed; probably
your computers hard drive)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 19:18

Hello!

First of all thank you so much for the Mac support as well as all the awesome stuff happening on these forums. (Including the amazing downloads!). This is my first post even though I've been checking out the site for a while (Yes I seed! lol)

Anyway, I have the same problem as mentioned above. I tried tracking the file and it's a Spanish language support file (a Readme.txt, "Leeme" is "read me" in Spanish.)

Anyway I tried erasing the file but every time Seasons it's supposed to install I get the same error:
"Error reading file $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt".

I thought that if I erased the file from the TS3 Seasons folder, the problem would go away but that's not the case. You can find the file under: "~Season's Folder downloaded/Support/Readme/es/leeme.txt"

I erased it and I still get the same error so I wouldn't know what the issue is still.

I installed Showtime successfully and I could play it but when I tried installing Seasons I ran into this issue. I don't have any CC at the moment and the only other expansion I have installed is Showtime.

Thank you again for the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 19:47

Simple fix I figured out myself, thought I'd share with fellow Mac users.

The file in question simply has an incorrect symbol. Replace the symbol after the L and before the e with é (copy and paste that symbol if you need to) and save the change, then the install should work. Mine did!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 20:21

Benjette- not to be too forward but it's safe to s
ay I'm in love with you! Haha thank you so much for the tip! Imna go play some Sims! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 21:44

Ok I'm going to try this! and here I was going to give up!

Edit:
Well I feel silly. Anyway the poster above has the RIGHT SOLUTION! Just make sure you replace the weird symbol after "L" with "é" so that the file reads "Léeme.txt".

Thank you so much! TS3 Seasons is installing right now!

Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 22:16

holy mother of pearl, it worked.

and you know what's crazy!? i even had that idea myself, to change it to an é symbol, but didn't, because i figured it wouldn't work.

thanks for the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 22:24

Why it doesn't work with me?!?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Mar 2013, 12:26

Been figuring out what the hell is wrong with the download until i just changed the name on the Léeme thing.. I feel like sucha fool. Thank you so much xxxxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 23 Mar 2013, 18:55

Hello there,

Great, thanks for sharing!
I created a "Fix" topic for it here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11119-error-reading-game-files-installvolume-support-readme-es-leemetxt-fix

Will close this topic now, enjoy the game!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top