Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At My Wits End "Error During Startup.." [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

At My Wits End "Error During Startup.." [SOLVED] Empty At My Wits End "Error During Startup.." [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 02 Dec 2012, 00:28

I seriously have no idea what happened. I suddenly got the Error: "There was an error during startup. Please see log for details." Should I post my log or something and maybe you all can help? If so, let me know how and I will. But for now, I'm lost!

I have every single expansion pack and stuffs pack and the game was working just hours ago. I tried the ultimate fix, but nothing. I hope you can help!

I'm sure you'll all try to direct me somewhere for instructions, but they haven't worked yet either, just a heads up. :/

That including:
-How to install the sims correctly
-Can't Update to sims 3 (manual patch)
-The registry keys don't apply since I haven everything, so forget the video

Quite a few posts like that. I'll keep you posted if I fix it myself but hopefully, some help here would be great. Thanks a bunch.

Back to top Go down

At My Wits End "Error During Startup.." [SOLVED] Empty Re: At My Wits End "Error During Startup.." [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sun 02 Dec 2012, 11:30

Hello,

Did you change, move, remove or rename any of the installation folders?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

At My Wits End "Error During Startup.." [SOLVED] Empty Re: At My Wits End "Error During Startup.." [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 02 Dec 2012, 18:55

Nada. That would cause some serious issues I'd never risk taking lol

//EDIT

Here's what I DID notice yesterday.

See? I have two of these:
TS3W.exe
TSLHost.dll

I
have two of each. The extra have a (2) beside it. Now, I tried the
launcher, still an issue, then I figured I'd remove them to see if that
was the issue. It's not. Here are all the fills in my bin in my program
files:
As in- ElectronicArts/The sims 3/Game/Bin:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f46/17/96/29/06/game_b11.png
and
https://i.servimg.com/u/f46/17/96/29/06/game_b12.png

That's everything is my base game bin.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 04 Dec 2012, 11:41

Hello,

I see a lot of things that don't belong, for starters all of the TS3EP and TS3SP files in the second half of the bin. You have 2 TS3W.exe's and 2 TSLHost.dll's in the bin and none of them are the ones you need.

Start by deleting everything that doesn't belong at all, and remove TS3W.exe (2) and TSLHost.dll (2). Not the other ones though.

Now, do the manual patch again, just to make sure that all works like it should and top it off with the crack from the latest fix. Make sure you grab the files from the #crack folder only, and let them replace the files that are already in the bin.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 01:50

I redid the patch, problem is when I replace, it lets me but it doesn't techniically replace the files. It lets me after it asks, and then when I look at the modified date it still stays the same. This error is ticking me off X_X

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 03:36

im having that same problem except i didnt find any doubled files in my Base game and i tried all the same things as you, even used the alternate way of installing the game thats shown in the how to install the sims 3 correctly... but i keep getting that error and i still have no idea where that log thing is... so im as lost as you...

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Wed 05 Dec 2012, 07:09

WoeHawthorne: Rename the two files prior to moving the #Crack Files, like just doing TS3W.exe.backup or something just to make it not actually exist anymore.

Chris92: Please make your own topic, so we can provide you personal support.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 05 Dec 2012, 07:15

Hello,

Are you sure it's the crack you're copying? A lot of people assume all files are cracks and they aren't. That would account for the date not changing.
You may want to ask Admin to have a look. I'm not sure when he's going to be online, but I am sure he's going to fix this in no time.

Chris92 wrote:im having that same problem except i didnt find any doubled files in my Base game and i tried all the same things as you, even used the alternate way of installing the game thats shown in the how to install the sims 3 correctly... but i keep getting that error and i still have no idea where that log thing is... so im as lost as you...

Please open a new topic, this problem has many causes and the solution to yours might be very different. We also prefer to keep everyone's problems in separate topics so we can keep track more easily.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 23:22

i figured out mine and i had made a my own post that message i sent was to say that once i figure out was was wrong with mine i could tell you.... which i fixed mine with help from the email version of asking them but you can try this maybe you have this same problem, https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t6052-error-during-startup-see-log-for-more-details-fix
doesnt hurt to check.... maybe it'll be whats wrong... hopefully... anyways Good luck Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 18:49

Just what would the Admit be looking at? I'm pretty sure I'm using the crack files, yet the date still won't change. Thanks for your suggestion Chris92, but my registry are okay since I have them all for my expansion packs and whatnot. If the admin needs to see something I'll be happy to post what I can!

//EDIT

Alright, here are my two files' properties.

TS3W:
At My Wits End "Error During Startup.." [SOLVED] Ts3w10

TSLHost
At My Wits End "Error During Startup.." [SOLVED] Tslhos10

See,
it says that I accessed and created it (I actually just retried
redownloading the fix and replacing the crack) but the modified date
will not change on either one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 06 Dec 2012, 21:11

Hello,

Please contact me via the Forum's chatbox when you see me online on the Forum.
I'll try to solve the problem for you via TeamViewer, if you don't mind.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Dec 2012, 18:32

No need! I performed a system restore and repair where some of my applications weren't working properly for the date 12/29/12. And now my Sims is working since I restored it before that date (the first) where things weren't working! I literally squealed. xD Thank you all so much! I hope this issue doesn't come back but in case it does, I'll ask for help again. You're helpful as can be. Tyvm ALL of you. Very Happy <3333

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 07 Dec 2012, 22:13

Hello,

That's odd, but glad to hear it's working now!
Enjoy your game to the fullest and please do not hesitate to let us know if you need more assistance! At My Wits End "Error During Startup.." [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top