Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with launching the launcher [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems with launching the launcher [SOLVED] Empty Problems with launching the launcher [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 17:53

Hi! I'm sorry if there's another thread about this issue, but I couldn't find any so here we go.

First of all: thank you for your awesome site!

And now to the problem I have. I've downloaded and installed the base game and all the expansions from World Adventures to Supernatural, but none of the stuff packs. I used the fix found from this forum and I've downloaded the patcher (or updater?) but it just jams up the whole computer so I haven't been able to use it.

The problem is that the launcer isn't working. I've uninstalled and reinstalled (and cracked/fixed) everything three times now and still this happens when I try to start the launcher:
https://2img.net/h/i13.photobucket.com/albums/a298/toxica27/simslaunchererror.jpg
It's in Finnish but it says that there's happened an error during the start-up, check for more info from the log. This happens every single time.
Please, help. What am I doing wrong?

I'm opening the launcher from the Supernatural-shortcut. Should I use some other icon?

Last edited by ssyanidi on Fri 07 Dec 2012, 13:23; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Problems with launching the launcher [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problems with launching the launcher [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 19:35

Try my tool: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t8929-registry-helper

In the thread it mentions this error specifically and shows what to look for right under the screenshot of this error. Let me know if it fixes your problem Smile

Back to top Go down

Problems with launching the launcher [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problems with launching the launcher [SOLVED]

Post by t2sink Wed 05 Dec 2012, 21:02

t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 15:37

Thank you for the answers! But after everything, the problem still remains...

So I tried your tool, hexorcist, and the first time it worked fine but didn't fix the problem. So I reinstalled everything (again) and ran your tool again, but it didn't work this time. Though, I'm not sure if I used it correctly... It didn't find the correct country/language and when I tried to "get data from registry", an error occurred shutting the program down. So uh... I might be using it wrong? (God I feel stupid. There are only three buttons and I'm still messing it up!)

t2sink: I used the regedit and deleted all the Simses that I didn't have installed (I had done this before but in a different location/directory, following the instructions given by Windows). It didn't work so I thought that maybe there's still something messing things up. So, I uninstalled everything (again), deleted everything with the regedit and then reinstalled it all.
And... it doesn't work. It still gives me the same error.

What am I doing wrong this time? :C

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 21:28

The country/locale shouldn't matter - and wouldn't cause a crash whether it's valid, invalid or missing (I just tested all three to ensure), so something else is causing that crash. The only thing I can think of that might cause a crash when getting registry information is duplicate keys (ie: two entries for "The Sims 3" or one of the expansions) - but without more information it's just a guess.

The error you're getting is typically caused by: invalid "Install Dir" or "ExePath" for an expansion, or an invalid ProductID for the base game. If you want to perform a test, look at the ProductID for the base game. If it's 1001 (0x00003e9) then I think you should be alright. If it's not, try changing it to that value and see if you still have the issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 06 Dec 2012, 22:10

Hello,

It's very important that you do use the manual patch from step 2: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly , otherwise your game might not working even when continuing with the other instructions correctly.

Also, I see your game is in a different language, that might be the problem. (Registry problem)
Let's see, where did you get all your games from, exactly?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 22:54

I used the manual patch (which apparently took fifteen minutes to show any signs of life on my computer, whoops) and followed the instructions once again but nothing changes. If I remember right, I downloaded The Sims 3 - complete, which I would look up for you from the PirateBay but I can't get to the site at the moment. I'm guessing this is the same torrent: Problems with launching the launcher [SOLVED] 4049071320 perhaps?
I got the base game, World adventures, Ambitions and Late night from that packet, but they were all originally from this site. Then I think I downloaded everything else directly from games4theworld.

Apparently there are indeed dublicate keys, according to this error window that I get when I try to get data from the registry:
https://2img.net/h/i13.photobucket.com/albums/a298/toxica27/registrtyhelpererror.jpg
It's in Finnish but a raw translation goes: "An unprocessed abnormity/exception in the application. If you choose continue, the application will bypass the error and try to continue its operation. If you choose cancel, the app will shut down immediately.
An object with the same key has already been added."
I tried to look for it but clearly not from the correct places...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 23:21

Ok, in regedit look at:

32bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims
64bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Sims

In the list of subkeys (look like folders) you should have two of something listed. Since keys can't have the same -exact- name, the duplicate that is causing the crash will not be in the list below:

The Sims 3
The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff
The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff
The Sims 3 Generations
The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff
The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats
The Sims 3 Late Night
The Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff
The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff
The Sims 3 Pets
The Sims 3 Seasons
The Sims 3 Showtime
The Sims 3 Supernatural
The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff
The Sims 3 World Adventures

Delete the one that doesn't match those values. Also, thanks for the info. I'll have to update the tool to do duplicate checks.

Side note: the duplicate shouldn't be causing your issue with the launcher, but it'll be easier to diagnose [and fix] with those out of the way

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Dec 2012, 13:22

Haha, okay. Everything was looking fine in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Sims, no dublicate keys but I also seem to have the same keys in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims - and the content was duplicated there. So I had three keys of each one, plus some haunting keys that are from a failed attempt to install the Sims 3 Ultimate -package. A disaster, that one. Might be the reason why the registry was so messed up. :I

The launcher works, finally! \o/
Thank you so much! I could kiss you! <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 07 Dec 2012, 21:00

Hello,

Glad to hear everything works fine now!
Enjoy the game and please let us know if you need more assistance! Problems with launching the launcher [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top