Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CANNOT UPDATE BASE GAME PLEASE HELP! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CANNOT UPDATE BASE GAME PLEASE HELP! [SOLVED] Empty CANNOT UPDATE BASE GAME PLEASE HELP! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 02:23

Hi i'm having a serious problem.
I hadn't played sims 3 in over a year and decided i wanted to start playing again so i used my disc that i purchased and was had downloaded a couple of the extensions through this site but when my sims 3 had finished downloading it asked me if i wanted to update and i said yes, then when the update had finished it just said "unknown error occurred" ..if i put that i do not want to update and try to go ahead and install the extensions i've downloaded from here it comes up with another error because my base game is not updated. it is terribly frustrating, and every time i try to do the maul patch that i downloaded from here it says it can't patch on this version of the game, which i interpret as it can't update because it's not updated? when i install sims 3 on my computer it is a 1.0.631 version and i can't get anything to work to update it manually! i'm terribly confused any advice would help, i've tried just about everything i've uninstalled and reinstalled tried patching, deleting certain files.. PLEASE HELP!!!

Admin edit: Moved.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

CANNOT UPDATE BASE GAME PLEASE HELP! [SOLVED] Empty Re: CANNOT UPDATE BASE GAME PLEASE HELP! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 18:31

Back to top Go down

CANNOT UPDATE BASE GAME PLEASE HELP! [SOLVED] Empty Re: CANNOT UPDATE BASE GAME PLEASE HELP! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 22:14

the patch finally worked but it still says unknown error occurred.. now i haven't tried the ultimate fix but i am confused as to if i should go ahead and install the other expansions and do the fix once they are all there or if i should use it on the base game? i'm confused. thank you for your help

//EDIT

i did the ultimate fix on the base game and now it says
"Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address 0x00000000.
Do you wish to debug it ?" I'M SO LOST!! D:

//EDIT

okay so here's where i am.....
i installed the sims 3 via purchased
disc, it asks me if i want to update (if i don't i cannot play the game
or apply expansions, also when i try to apply the mac super patch it
says i cannot apply it to that version of the game. If i do update an
unknown error occurs) so i updated the game and lo and behold an unknown
error occurred, but it allows me to apply the super patch. when i
applied the patch i still get an unknown error occurred. so i put the
base game crack found in the ultimate fix folder "base game" i then get
the unhandled page fault. so i installed town life stuff, applied the
crack found in the ultimate fix folder "Seasons & Supernatural &
Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry's Sweet Treats & Showtime &
Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations"
to the sims 3 folder.. then i try to open it and still get an unknown
error. then i apply the crack found in the ultimate fix folder "crack"
to the sims 3 and i still get an unknown error occurred.. PLEASE TELL ME
WHAT I'M DOING WRONG!!

Admin edit: Please do not spam, but use the "Edit" button on your message instead, thank you!

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Dec 2012, 17:44

Okay first off, please stop making multiple posts and cluttering up the forums. We'd like to help you but you need to collect your information in one place for us to see, i.e. keep it all here.

"if i don't i cannot play the game or apply expansions, also when i try to apply the mac super patch it says i cannot apply it to that version of the game."

Did you follow the correct instructions in the patching post? Did you make sure you had the right region number of your game and downloaded the appropriate patch for it? Try the G4TW manual patch if you still have issues with the official one.

You also don't seem to be adhering instructions in the Ultimate Fix:
Add base game crack
Add appropriate xpac crack (in the order it's written)
Add the #crack crack

Don't skip around.

After all these, if you still get an unknown error, try out the things I said in your Mac Fixes post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Dec 2012, 20:54

i found out what i was doing wrong with the manual patch but do i apply the patch before or after installing all of the other games?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Dec 2012, 22:55

base game > manual patch > expansions > cracks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Dec 2012, 23:04

okay thank you! i'll try it out and hope it works!! also i downloaded the world adventures expansion pack from this site and when i try to install it it says the regional code does not match that of the base game.... the expansions ends in 2 and my base game is 1... is there any way i can change it without redownloading a completely different game? also, it has a completely different set of instructions do i ignore those and just apply the ultimate fix instructions or do i do those? thank you for your patience and answers

//EDIT

nevermind i just opened up the skuversion folder and manually changed it to 1...

//EDIT

sooo i got to question 10 applied those2 files to the folder open up the
launcher and it doesn't have any updates so i closed it out applied the
#crack and opened it and it gave me a new patch i clicked yes then when
it patched and i tried to press play it gave me an error that says
"Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)" then i
press okay and then it goes in and out of a blue screen then says
"Unhandled exception 0x80000003 at address 0x0058b226.
Do you wish to debug it ?" and cancels out whether i press yes or no. Sad(((((

Admin edit: Please do not spam, but use the "Edit" button on your message instead, thank you!

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2012, 00:15

Have you tried to uninstall the base game and all expansions...

reinstall the base game first, than manual patch the game, install all the expansions packs you wish, and than use the cracks....try this and see if it helps.

i was having this exact problem too, and now i have to uninstall and reinstall everything (:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2012, 05:31

Okay so I got the game to work (finally) but I installed showtime, seasons, and town life stuff all of which used the same crack, but when I finally got the game working only the last one I installed (showtime) was working. But according to my Sims 3 folder all of them are installed.. was I supposed to apply the crack after I installed each game or is something messed up on my computer? Thanks

Also the only way I got out to work was to download the base game apply the manual patch, install the extensions in order, install town life seasons and showtime, apply the crack, apply the manual patch again, open launcher, close out launcher, and then apply the #crack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2012, 19:04

comptonx321 wrote:Okay so I got the game to work (finally) but I installed showtime, seasons, and town life stuff all of which used the same crack, but when I finally got the game working only the last one I installed (showtime) was working. But according to my Sims 3 folder all of them are installed.. was I supposed to apply the crack after I installed each game or is something messed up on my computer? Thanks

Also the only way I got out to work was to download the base game apply the manual patch, install the extensions in order, install town life seasons and showtime, apply the crack, apply the manual patch again, open launcher, close out launcher, and then apply the #crack.

Good to hear it's working!! The Ultimate Fix has all the cracks for the games, so after you install the xpacs, you can just apply the Ultimate Fix to all the folders specified and it should take care of everything.

FYI, updating your game from the launcher does give errors almost all the time, so patching manually is the easiest way to go. You can also just not update the game and it would run normally (assuming it ran to begin with Razz)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2012, 19:15

Okay nevermind it isn't showing that seasons installed.. I'm assuming it's because the region number wasn't right.. Is there any way to fix that?

Nevermind I got it!! Yayyyyy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 15 Dec 2012, 18:29

Hello,

Is everything solved now?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Dec 2012, 19:44

Yes thank you thank you thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 15 Dec 2012, 20:25

Hello,

Great, thank you for your help, Antiskub and Tenofakid!
Topic closed. Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top