Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone know when I'll be able to dl Aurora Skies from the Admins MediaFire?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does anyone know when I'll be able to dl Aurora Skies from the Admins MediaFire? Empty Does anyone know when I'll be able to dl Aurora Skies from the Admins MediaFire?

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 23:43

Does anyone know when the MediaFire for Aurora Skies (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t10368-the-sims-3-aurora-skies-world-gold-edition-out-now-download-link?highlight=aurora+skies) will be available? I'm sure its just not loading because so many people are on it, I'm new here and was wondering when that'll die down a bit and I should try again. I've got a lot of work to do, but I'd like to finish getting this before I start a new project. If it'll be days or something, I'll just start a new project and check back in a few days.

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know when I'll be able to dl Aurora Skies from the Admins MediaFire? Empty Re: Does anyone know when I'll be able to dl Aurora Skies from the Admins MediaFire?

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 23:54

Crash wrote:Does anyone know when the MediaFire for Aurora Skies (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t10368-the-sims-3-aurora-skies-world-gold-edition-out-now-download-link?highlight=aurora+skies) will be available? I'm sure its just not loading because so many people are on it, I'm new here and was wondering when that'll die down a bit and I should try again. I've got a lot of work to do, but I'd like to finish getting this before I start a new project. If it'll be days or something, I'll just start a new project and check back in a few days.

Does anyone know when I'll be able to dl Aurora Skies from the Admins MediaFire? 26hWL

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know when I'll be able to dl Aurora Skies from the Admins MediaFire? Empty Re: Does anyone know when I'll be able to dl Aurora Skies from the Admins MediaFire?

Post by Guest Fri 22 Feb 2013, 00:10

Quoting my post and attaching an image of the Global Announcements which features the thread to which I posted a link to in my post which you quoted does not tell me when the MediaFire link posted in that thread by the Admin is going to be capable of loading. I would still like an answer to my question, of when approximately is it likely for the MediaFire link to be capable of loading. Is it going to be hours, days, weeks? I have a very fast fiberoptic internet, so that's not the problem, its definitely the website. Since MediaFire has always worked for me in the past, its likely not loading because its already stretched thin by thousands of people trying to access the page at the same time. My question was asked under this belief.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Feb 2013, 00:13

That person was just trying to say that its there.
Go to the mediafire account, Look under neighborhoods..and its there.

But..You will need the updated version of the Fix inorder to run it.
So dont install it in your game until Admin posts it or you will have issues in your game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Feb 2013, 00:53

The problem I was having was that when I went to his account it would show this Does anyone know when I'll be able to dl Aurora Skies from the Admins MediaFire? Screen10
and it would not change from this. However, when I went back to the page just now it worked, and I am able to download the file. Thank you for your assistance.

What do you mean "The Fix?" I am new to this site. Do you mean the No-CD Crack? If so, I really wont be able to play it. I'm on a Mac and there's very little published for Mac users, the most recent game patch for Mac that I can find is 1.47 so I have that installed with a crack for 1.47. I got that crack from a random person's torrent via google search. (I downloaded the patch from a random hard to find obscure looking website I'd never heard of that I found through strenuous google searching.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Feb 2013, 01:58

What i mean by The Fix, There is The Ultimate Fix.
Here is the best explanation of what it is:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

//EDIT

When using any game or item from this site, they are decrapped versions.
Meaning that whatever EA put in their games/worlds/items, are removed.
Just like with anything else, Things can happen to cause issues in your game whether it is store bought or not.

The Ultimate fix accompanies the newest Updates as a way of making sure your game/world/item works properly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Feb 2013, 06:39

Okay... I don't fully understand what this fix is for exactly if not being the No-CD crack. Thanks for the definition of "decrapify" I've been seeing that more and more lately and wasn't exactly sure what it meant. I can imagine how someone might want an empty area to fill with their own content but other than that I can't think of a significant reason why anyone would need it though. So I'm a little curious why I hear it talked about as if it was important.

I read the page you linked to, thank you for that. I haven't downloaded anything yet. Let me know if I'm warm on this; The content he shares has some bugs in them some how? And this fixes it? The fact that he has a Mac version confuses me even more, since the Mac and Windows versions of the game are fundamentally the same. The Mac version of The Sims 3 is a wrapper, all of its data contents are the exact same files, executables and all, that are on the Windows versions. Which is why I'm able to just use all the Windows cracks and such.

Okay, so I had to download them to see what this is all about; Now I've downloaded all three to compare, and the first two (Mac and Windows versions) appear to be identical. Perhaps the installation guides are different, I don't feel like looking at them. Also the crack he's using is a No-CD crack, I can't think of any need to alter those files other than removing the CD requirement. If there is something, then what? I'm not sure if I've ever used his cracks before, I will typically use the one by Fairlight or Reloaded, since Games4TheWorld doesn't know how to make a proper copy of a disc, so they never work on Mac.

Fairlight usually keeps up on making the crack for the newest patch. If not, then I do a web search and find one for the version I'm using. The impression I get from this, and what I was thinking might be the case in my last post, was that this world requires the latest patch (v1.50) and he has not made a crack for the 1.50 version yet. So, the patch I just downloaded is for v1.48? I don't know because he didn't label which version its for, it wont work unless I have installed the same version that he modified these files from. The one thing I do need the Mac version of is the patcher, and like I was saying I only have v1.47. So even if he does get the 1.50 version of the No-CD Crack working, it wont work for me unless he can get me the Mac patch for v1.50 too.

The temp one was a No-CD Crack in the form of a Package, made by NRaas. Since he says its working I'm guessing its for v1.50.

I would be curious to know if he's changing anything else in the data other than making it not require the CD. (I can't imagine what it would be for if he was, so I'm curious.)

In the mean time, I'm installing the world, and going to just see what happens. I don't expect it to work perfectly, since I'm hearing that it needs v1.50, but I have to see for myself the extent that it works to.

Edit:
Just noticed the Update History, sorry about that. I saw the hyphens and thought that was the end of the post. So, it appears it is indeed for v1.48.

Update: Okay, I've tested it and confirmed that Aurora Skies works perfectly. At least, it works perfectly on v1.47 with the v1.47 crack that I am using (not from Games4TheWorld) on MacBook Pro with Mac v10.8.2. Since the game from Windows to Mac is basically the same it shouldn't make a difference if you're running Windows. Note that I also have every expansion and stuffs pack up to Seasons installed. I can't get 70s, 80s, & 90s stuff because Fairlights ISO is corrupted, Games4TheWorld doesn't know how to copy a disc properly so they never work on Mac, and Reloaded doesn't have one up. I use TPB for that sort of thing, I wish G4TW would make proper copies of discs so I could use it to install on Mac because their stuff always seems to have the most seeds.

The first thing I noticed was; when installing the .Sims3Pack I got from the Admin, by double clicking the file which launches the Launcher application and automatically installs it. I checked the Installed Content tab in the Launcher afterwards and saw that it installed Aurora Skies which it thought was an Object instead of a World, and installed the toddler day care venue that comes with the Gold version. Which is nice, as it allows me to add it to any world without having to export it from the Aurora Skies world.

I was able to run the game, select it as a new town, and it loaded up perfectly. I wish there was a way to remove the advertised worlds from the list, they're annoying. Aurora Skies Gold appears at the top of the list as a buy option even though its several towns down in the list without the gold border and the word Gold attached in it.

The next thing I noticed was that I was not allowed to select a household, I could only place a family or create a new family to place. I seem to remember being able to select a household that already exists in other worlds. Am I going crazy or is this a real thing?

The next thing I noticed was; the venue does not come in the world. I had to make one of the lots Community and import it. Which is fine, it just means they lied to me in the 2/14 live cast.

I then sent my sims to test out the venue, everything did what it was suppose to.

The next thing I noticed was; the new actions with the new items last only a second. In the playpen the toddler would automatically do stuff but only for a second, and if I ordered him to do something he would but only for a second, then he'd stop, even when I turned off free will. However he learned to talk very very rapidly. I noticed that the play command for the adult on a playpen with a toddler in it also teaches the child Talk and it also only lasts a second but again gives a large boost towards it. In the walkers wit high free will on they would not automatically walk. I could tell them to walk from place to place but that means I have to control the toddler manually the entire time I'm making him teach himself to walk. My sims all had their needs full because I just started them, so that was not why.

I then checked Build/Buy and I could buy and place these new items in their home too, I can't remember the exact price now but I remember them being a good price. I also just noticed the blueprint mode, I haven't played TS3 in months (since before the release of Seasons, which I do have installed now) so I don't know how long its been there but it works well in this world at least.

Of course, since I have 1.47 I don't have any of the changes made to the game in the patches which came after that, but its not that big of a deal everything still works as well as it would have before the new patches existed. I seem to rarely run into the issues that the patches fix anyway. Though I haven't really played with Seasons yet and I read the fixes for v1.50 and it sounds like there were a lot of issues. I might look into making a request on here for the iPatch of v1.50. (The patching program is really called iPatch I'm not making a pun.)

Last edited by Crash on Fri 22 Feb 2013, 09:04; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updating. Giving the results on the Aurora Skies test.)

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 22 Feb 2013, 16:19

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/f32-mac-support
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/f35-fixes-mac

We have two entire forums for our mac users, if they need specific help that us windows users cannot help with. So our downloads are obviously working for other mac users, I would definitely go check those out, maybe see if they have any helpful tips on how to use our downloads, or the patcher that we have.

Also, the reason you're having issues with the interactions staying could be a couple things. It could be that you're not updated to 1.5 yet, but it could also be that you don't have the store fixes that are basically required for any premium content to work, because EA can't seem to release anything that isn't broken somehow.

I've never personally downloaded the mac fix, so I couldn't explain why the files are the way they are or anything (since I'm also clueless when it comes to everything apple except iphones), but I'm sure Admin, or someone that does know the differences will be on soon to explain it to you.

You can turn off the gold circled items, and it's actually recommended. Go into your in-game options, and go through the tabs until you find a selection about the "in-game store" make sure that the box next to it is confirming you want it off (I believe you uncheck it).
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Feb 2013, 22:33

Well, I am considering making a request in the appropriate forum for v1.50 patch like I droned on about in my last post, but other than that there's nothing in there I mentioned that I particularly needed help with. When I say patch I mean the game patch from EA. But apparently its not even possible, as EA has not released the mac patch for v1.50 yet:
Can't link; Type "sims 3 648423" into google for the EA sims 3 forum announcement on this.
However I did find
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3597-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v148-fix-manual-patch
Except that it is a bad link, so I'm still stuck with v1.47.

I mainly just wanted to reply to Stabitha so it wouldn't look like I was ignoring them, and let uh... people know that Aurora Skies is working, since I keep reading on here that it wont, but it worked when I tried it. I'm just a detailed sort of guy, I guess that confuses people though.

When I said I was curious to whether he does anything to the cracked files other than removing the CD requirement, it was because I don't understand why he calls it "the ultimate fix" and not just "my No-CD crack" since there are dozens of these made by different groups and individuals. All it is is a No-CD Crack and thats what everyone else calls it. So I thought maybe he does something in addition to that, hence the name difference, though I can't imagine what, and I don't feel like cracking his open and comparing them. But I'm fairly certain that the files in the Mac download are identical to the ones in the Windows download, besides the instructions.

I use the exact same files you do for the crack/fix there is no difference between the Mac and Windows versions of the game files. I attempted to explain that earlier, but I'm not really good at explaining things. The only thing from Games4TheWorld that I am using is the Aurora Skies world, though there were a couple other worlds in his MediaFire I don't have that I might get too...

I wasn't sure if the interactions problem was just bad design or unintentional, if it is unintentional then you're right it could be because I'm using v1.47 instead of v1.50. Either way its not that big of a deal, I only had to order the kid to learn to talk 3 times before he learned, I consider it working. I do have the store updates, those just install normally when I launch the launcher. However the game update always says that I have the recent version of the game, so I've always had to install those with an iPatcher. I've never seen any specific location to get the iPatch patches, I know EA makes them but doesn't provide the dl links on their sites. I'll look into the Mac community on this site more later.

Thank you for your reply about the Gold border worlds, but I actually have searched through options before and didn't find anything. I checked again, and still see nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 22 Feb 2013, 23:02

Oh! Well the reason it's called the ultimate fix is it also has the original game files that you can use to replace the others, to update using the launcher. Otherwise, it's just a plain nocd crack, like you said. Smile

When I get home later tonight I can check which specific tab the option should be under, and let you know, if you'd like. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 00:13

Aurora Skies installs and runs just fine with 1.48. Been using it since yesterday without a problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 17:48

Wait, you're saying that with his crack the Launcher doesn't register it as an invalid game version, so it works to make installs without having to reinstall the EA patch?

Sure, its worth a try. Though I looked thoroughly and didn't see anything like that there, unless it has a title that made me think it was for something completely different so I skipped it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 24 Feb 2013, 16:55

Crash wrote:(...) since Games4TheWorld doesn't know how to make a proper copy of a disc, so they never work on Mac.
//MOVED
Hello,

Don't judge too quick; of course we know how to make a, what you call, "proper" disc copy, it's just that we prefer .rar format, since it's what we've been using from the beginning. Disc copies in, for example, .ISO format can be hard to use for beginners.
Besides, we never claimed to do Mac uploads, so it's obvious that most of our downloads don't work on Mac OS. (They are categorized under "Games > Windows" after all)
But since we want to help Mac users too, we have a special "Mac" section on our Forum and helpful guides like this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t7248-how-to-install-sims-3-with-or-without-ep-s-on-mac-dmg-creating

And, indeed, the Mac and Windows files are pretty much the same. It's usually the installation method/instructions that's different.
I do not have much Mac knowledge, so I'll leave the helping to other people.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top