Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Base game installs, can't install anything after that.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Base game installs, can't install anything after that. Empty Base game installs, can't install anything after that.

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 19:58

So I've downloaded all the expansions and the base game from g4tw, and went to install the base game, it installed fine, but it never asked me to enter the key for the game. So I copied over the crack, and went to install WA. When it goes to update the game before installing, it won't update, it just says there's an error. "Error with the Sims 3 update. Setup is unable to continue."

Now previously, I had a legit purchased copy from Origin of the base game, ambitions, and late night. So I had uninstalled these obviously, and I thought maybe somehow origin stored a key or something and that was the problem. I uninstalled Origin and completely searched my hard drive for anything Sims related at all. I deleted the folders from My Documents and anywhere else I found them. I also checked in the registry and couldn't find anything to do with the sims, and even ran CCleaner.

Now according to the installation instructions I should just be able to install all the games and then crack them, but am I doing something wrong here? I've used torrented copies before and never had a problem.

Back to top Go down

Base game installs, can't install anything after that. Empty Re: Base game installs, can't install anything after that.

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 21:54

Copied over the crack? you can't place the cracks if you pretend to install an EP right after!

Try to install again the base game and don't make anything else when it finished, just update your game.
And the proceed to install WA.

It's REALLY weird that the installation doesn't ask you for the serial number...

Back to top Go down

Base game installs, can't install anything after that. Empty Re: Base game installs, can't install anything after that.

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:15

I came across the deauthorizing pc thing and I think I now have to redownload my original copy from origin to deauthorize it and that may be why. I ended up getting it to let me put in a registration key, but it still didn't work after that.

I had tried it originally without copying over the crack from the base game but it gave me the same error.

//EDIT

Ok, so I tried that, and it said my computer isn't even authorized so
that isn't it. I also tried to run WA again with my origin copy of the
base game and it gave me the same error with the setup and being unable
to continue.

Edit - I guess I missed the whole if it doesn't work
do step 2 then step 1. Because when I updated my game then went to
install WA it all went fine. Now to install the rest and hope it works.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Mar 2013, 22:06

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Unfortunately we were not able to get back to you in time. I'd like to apologize for that.

Do you still need assistance?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top