Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blur: The Best Racing Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blur: The Best Racing Game Empty Blur: The Best Racing Game

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 23:43

Blur: The Best Racing Game Blur%20screenshot%20001

Blur is the best racing game I've ever played. That may be due to the fact I haven't played that many or it's just better than the others. It's a really fun game and it's also beautiful. The power ups is what this game is mainly about. There are a bunch of different ways to use them and times when to use them. The story mode, or single player, is pretty good. I like how we are earning enough reputation to be able to race the main person. I haven't finished it yet, but I'm midway through it and so far it's really awesome. The multiplayer isn't bad, it could have used some improvements, such as more people playing it. There are a few cons though. There is no quick racing in the game. You have to do the story mode or play multi-player. You also have to choose a specific set of cars for a specific race type, such as You can only drive cars in Class A on Class A maps. That kind of sucks, because if you get used to a car on Class B, you can't use it on Class A, C, or D maps. You will enjoy this game and it will be money well spent.

Back to top Go down

Blur: The Best Racing Game Empty Re: Blur: The Best Racing Game

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 13:58

Then obviously you don't play racing games very often.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 16:01

I do but this is not the best.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 18:45

Lynx wrote: I do but this is not the best.

Was talking to the review author.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 22:19

TUN3R wrote:Then obviously you don't play racing games very often.

Very often now? No, but around the time of Blur and even before I have and honestly none of them were impressive as this game. This game had both eye candy and stability.

Now there is a possibility that since Blur came out (2010) there may be better ones, but frankly the racing games back then were stale. None of them really beat the nostalgia I have for Midtown Madness (1999). If you have any suggestions, feel free to offer them, but from my point of view this is the best racing game over there.

But you are entitled to your opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 07 Mar 2013, 22:59

I've never played Blur, but have seen some amazing reviews for it. Personally, my favorite "racing" game is Burnout: Dominator for the PS2. Haven't found another one yet that combines the recklessness with racing and scoring on the stupidity you can do. XD
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 23:01

I actually recommend you purchase (or torrent) Blur since you haven't played it. It's awfully fun and beautiful.

And I'm surprised you've seen good reviews of it. It was really an unfortunate flop.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 07 Mar 2013, 23:06

Well I don't really follow the whole popular gaming site reviews, I go after my friends and other people who I can trust their opinions based on what I like too. Everything else gets biased by brands and developers. Flashy lights don't always mean it's a good thing.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 12:51

Drachen wrote:
TUN3R wrote:Then obviously you don't play racing games very often.

Very often now? No, but around the time of Blur and even before I have and honestly none of them were impressive as this game. This game had both eye candy and stability.

Now there is a possibility that since Blur came out (2010) there may be better ones, but frankly the racing games back then were stale. None of them really beat the nostalgia I have for Midtown Madness (1999). If you have any suggestions, feel free to offer them, but from my point of view this is the best racing game over there.

But you are entitled to your opinion.

Oh of course, all I'm saying is that maybe you don't know too many racing games to compare Blur with. A lot of people think of Gran Turismo when they hear "racing game". Well compared to Gran Turismo even Big Rigs is the best game ever...

Anyway that's your opinion, no problem with that.

For me, a racing game that can beat pre-Underground Need For Speed games (especially Hot Pursuit 2) doesn't exist yet.

invalidusername wrote:Well I don't really follow the whole popular
gaming site reviews, I go after my friends and other people who I can
trust their opinions based on what I like too. Everything else gets
biased by brands and developers. Flashy lights don't always mean it's a
good thing.

aka critics are full of s***.

I agree.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 18:01

You're right. I've dabbled in the genre, but to be honest it's not all that fun for me. Racing just gets boring after awhile, Blur kept it entertaining.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top