Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can not create a family.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can not create a family.  Empty Can not create a family.

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 01:40

Most of the issues I had in my game were fixed shortly after installing ultimate fix (btw you guys are awesome for creating the best fix out there.) I used to have a problem with going into the buildbuy mode, it wouldn't load no matter how long i sat infront of the computer. Ultrafix 1.50 fixed that. But another problem arose that had not been a previous issue. I could not create a family. When I click create a family the CAS loads perfectly fine and I can create sims and pets, but when I try to save the family its doesn't work. My game doesn't crash, the processing sign just stays on the screen forever. I can't edit relationships or save the family to the bin. I moved all my cc and that doesn't seem to help. I have all the EP's except for university, I dont have any stuff packs and I have used the latest version of ultrafix Most of my expansion packs were paid for except for seasons and supernatural. I haven't installed University (seeders needed). and as of yet I have no stuff packs. I'm using windows Vista. I do have some CC but most of it is hair and clothes, nothing that could cause trouble. Not to mention before I used ultimate fix I was able to create a family. btw so if I haven't provided enough info I'm sorry.
thank you for your time.

-on another note my game sometimes crashes during woohoo or try for baby....which makes me think that my computer is part puritan

Back to top Go down

Can not create a family.  Empty Re: Can not create a family.

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 02:03

Hi,

lol that was funny. I doubt your computer is puritan.
Um..Can you tell me what your specifications are?
Graphics card, Amount of Ram...etc.It could be an issue with Memory
hence the reason it keeps taking forever to do anything.

And just in case, Have you updated your computer's graphics card or anything else on the manufacturer's company website?

One more thing. Unfortunately, Hair and Clothes CC are the most notorious for screwing up peoples games. I am just telling you that for future reference. Not to alarm you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 03:00

It doesn't take forever to do everything. just the one issue with create a family/household. After I finish creating my sims and I click the check mark so I can edit relationships and save the family the screen says processing but nothing happens. It just stays stuck on processing forever. The strange thing is it worked before I used the fix. I haven't added any new cc. The 1.50 UF fixed my issue with not being able to go into build/buymode because of the forever load screen. Now I'm having an issue with a forever processing screen.
(btw thank you for responding and I want to make ur profile pic into a sim)
I have terrible specs
4.0 Ram
64 bit operating system
windows vista
amd turion x2 dual-core mobile rm-70 2.00 ghz.
Like i said before the create a household worked perfectly fine before and I can still edit and makeover sims, I just cant create any new familes or households.
the woohoo freeze was once, I'm going to try getting them married before they woohoo so my computer doesn't throw a puritanical fit.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 07 Mar 2013, 03:37

Try backing up and removing "documents/electronic arts/sims 3" You can put any saves back in, but leave cc out for now. Then test your game and see if it all runs fine. If it does, we then know it's cc.. If not, then we can look elsewhere. Very Happy
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 04:31

could I delete documents/electronicarts/sims3/mod or do i delete the entire sims 3 file?
and if I delete the entire file (yes I know I should back up my game before hand) will it magically reappear like the caches? Noob its sad how little i know

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 07 Mar 2013, 05:05

The file will be remade. If you only delete the mods folder, you run into leaving the caches behind, which could be troubling on its own. We want a fresh game to test with
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 06:18

ok. will do right away. btw I've been using this forum for less than a day and you are the most helpful nonadmin ever. I see you allover this forum.

Ok I just followed your instructions and it runs great. So in order to findout what messed my game up to begin with I think I have to go through a process of elimination. by running the game with some of my cc until i find the one that messed it up. or is there a program for this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2013, 11:02

it works!

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Wed 13 Mar 2013, 14:07

Sorry, I never caught your reply! Sad

I'm glad it worked, and yeah, the best way to do any sorting through cc is manually. Delphy's Dashboard, from modthesims, can help, but it doesn't catch everything. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Mar 2013, 20:59

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Unfortunately we were not able to get back to you in time. I'd like to apologize for that.

Do you still need assistance?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jan 2014, 02:32

not on this, thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top