Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to click on Sim. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to click on Sim. [SOLVED] Empty Unable to click on Sim. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 01:52

Since downloading University, I am unable to select my Sim to get the circle of options to appear. I can click on anything else and it works fine, just when I click my Sim. I read that it could be due to my Twallan Nraas mods, so I removed them all and restarted the game. Again, I still could not click on my Sim, so I tried dropping out of school and seeing if going back to a regular world fixed the problem, and still nothing. So then I tried removing my entire mods folder and starting a new game. Still, I cannot click my Sim. I removed all cache files every time I removed anything from my Sims 3 folder. I cannot figure out what could be causing this problem. Should I try to uninstall and reinstall University? I really don't know what else I could do here, as I applied the Ultimate Fix when I installed University. So perhaps a reinstall? Unless anyone knows something I don't as to how to fix this issue.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Unable to click on Sim. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to click on Sim. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 01:58

Hello.

Let's try this first.
Try making a new game with your mods and everything in it and see if you are able to click your new sims. Even if you use, premade sims. Try it.

I want to see if its your individual saved game or the game itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 04:11

Okay. I believe I have found the problem. After uninstalling and reinstalling, I did what you said and started a new game, choosing one of the existing Sims in Sunset Valley as my household (Erin Kennedy). I also had my mod folder out at the time. I could click on her, though there was a slight delay that wasn't present before. I went back to the main menu and chose the save for the game that I'd had previously, the one that I dropped out of University and sent my Sim back home. I could click on her as well.

I put my mods folder back, minus the following mods:

Nraas Traveler (this has been confirmed to be not working with University installed)
Nraas Woohooer (Twallan says this still needs to be tested, since it involves pregnancy, which a Sim cannot do while away at University)

[Twallan also needs to test Register and StoryProgression, though StoryProgession has been confirmed unstable by many users]

Please find Twallan's update log here for anyone else having issues.

Upon loading the game, I went straight to my saved game. I could not click my Sim. I went back to the menu and started a new game in Sunset Valley with Erin Kennedy again, and still could not click her. So I decided to look through my mods.

One in particular stood out to me. It was a mesh I downloaded a long time ago from Mod the Sims that replaced the crappy default phone with an iPhone mesh, so that my Sim would appear to be using an iPhone instead of the generic 90s cellphone. I removed this mod and voila. I can click on my Sim, again with some delay.

This is because University introduces the Smartphone. The Smartphone replaces the default cellphone with a nice touchscreen phone. I believe the delay I am experiencing may be on EA's end, and is a similar problem to the one I was having, where the new mesh and functions of the smartphone are interfering slightly with the old one, and it will likely be addressed in a patch. So for anyone out there having a similar issue, please make sure you remove any mod that changes or messes with the cellphone. I did test a mod that allows me to cancel time off via a rabbithole option in the cellphone menu, and it is working fine, so this is a mesh-related problem. I can also confirm that the above Twallan mods that I had installed are not yet compatible with University, and the provided link will keep you updated on their progress.

Thank you all! I hope this helps others!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 22:52

I have those store fixes, as well as ccmerged and my class schedule appeared perfectly fine.

OP, once your Sim is 'unclickable' I believe it's a lost cause. It will only further lead to other game issues and ending up with Error 12 and not being able to save.

I kept ignoring that issue and cloned Sims in CAS then just set them as siblings and deleted the "errored" one. Soon after, that Sim became corrupt as well, due to save file itself being bad. In the end I kept getting Error 12 for saving.

Better start over Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 23:18

I am glad that you were able to find a way to solve your problem regarding your game.
And i will definitely make a note of the discovery you have made.
=^^=

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 04:07

chicagonative wrote:Since downloading University, I am unable to select my Sim to get the circle of options to appear. I can click on anything else and it works fine, just when I click my Sim. I read that it could be due to my Twallan Nraas mods, so I removed them all and restarted the game. Again, I still could not click on my Sim, so I tried dropping out of school and seeing if going back to a regular world fixed the problem, and still nothing. So then I tried removing my entire mods folder and starting a new game. Still, I cannot click my Sim. I removed all cache files every time I removed anything from my Sims 3 folder. I cannot figure out what could be causing this problem. Should I try to uninstall and reinstall University? I really don't know what else I could do here, as I applied the Ultimate Fix when I installed University. So perhaps a reinstall? Unless anyone knows something I don't as to how to fix this issue.

Thanks!

Thanks for this info.
I'm thinking this may be my problem as well since my sim can't
socialize with anyone. I click on other sims and nothing. Going to try
your suggestions to see if they help since I use the same mods as you as
well as the phone you are talking about. Also lots don't have any names it just says community lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:50

If you have the 3d eyelashes and skin from S-Club, you should probably remove them, because it will make your sims unable to be click on. Just an friendly advice , in case you did everything listened above and still you are unable to click on sim Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 17:16

Ugh! What a night. Still having problems. I removed the Sims folder to start fresh to test the game and all went well. I went to my create a sims screen in CAS and deleted some downloaded sims that I didn't want anymore.
Closed out the game put my Sims folder back in that I saved and the game started to crash on loading screen.
So, sigh...now I removed my sims folder again going to try to add the empty mods folder back in and see if I don't get any crashes.

If that works I'm just going to re install all the store content first and deal with the CC next.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 20:46

For the people who have the same issue as Chicagonative. I suggest you to move your "mod" folder to somewhere else. There is a mod that ìs causing this problem. I had the same problem, but solved it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Mar 2013, 21:36

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Enjoy the game and let us know if you need more help!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male