Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EA "We will not change".

View previous topic View next topic Go down

EA "We will not change". Empty EA "We will not change".

Post by Guest Sat 06 Apr 2013, 17:47

In a nutshell: "You don't know how to have fun, we know how you should have fun. So keep buying our games losers.".

The purpose of this thread? No particular reason. Just hoping to give some food for thought to those who are still thinking about buying SimCity... or any other EA game... ever...

Back to top Go down

EA "We will not change". Empty Re: EA "We will not change".

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 21:36

Was never considering buying the new SimCity. The always-online requirement is a big red flag.

Electronic Arts, where squeezing the customer like a sponge is a time-honored tradition!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 16 Apr 2013, 10:38

They're not exactly making friends shutting down "The Sims Social" either.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 16 Apr 2013, 11:00

I haven't bought a lot of EA games; but back in the mid-2000s the "NFS Underground" series and NFS Most Wanted were quite good in my opinion. However, everything that came after Most Wanted was just EA "We will not change". 4049071320.
In my profile I wrote that I like the COD and Battlefield series. I still play these games every now and then, but I didn't pay anything for them. Why ? At first I downloaded these games out of curiousness; to see what everyone's talking about. I soon realized that the gameplay is always the same, namely dull (shooting your way through all the levels) and that's not even remotely worth the prices they're asking for their games.
As far as these "first-person shooters" are concerned, this kind of gameplay seems to be the trend now...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2013, 12:01

Lady ElDi wrote:They're not exactly making friends shutting down "The Sims Social" either.

They are shutting it down? Thank god, might be the first smart thing they've done since... ever.

Another decision I can't understand is using Frostbite 2 in all of their games, even forcing developers with much better engines to use it. Why? What's so great about Frostbite 2? Besides the fact that almost every game that runs on it has ether a cyan or orange atmosphere.

Criterion's engine for example (Chameleon), looks better, runs better, and is light on the system.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 16 Apr 2013, 16:21

TUN3R wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:They're not exactly making friends shutting down "The Sims Social" either.

They are shutting it down? Thank god, might be the first smart thing they've done since... ever.

LOL.
Well I had some fun with it for a little while but I guess facebookgames aren't really my thing.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2013, 21:28

Lady ElDi wrote:
TUN3R wrote:

LOL.
Well I had some fun with it for a little while but I guess facebookgames aren't really my thing.

All I know about Facebook games is that they are rip-offs, don't know anything gameplay-wise since I don't have a Facebook. But I doubt Social is anything better than any (normal) Sims game so I don't see the point...

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 14 May 2013, 17:19

TUN3R wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:
TUN3R wrote:

LOL.

All I know about Facebook games is that they are rip-offs, don't know anything gameplay-wise since I don't have a Facebook. But I doubt Social is anything better than any (normal) Sims game so I don't see the point...

True.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top