Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleaning laptop fan

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cleaning laptop fan Empty Cleaning laptop fan

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2013, 12:09

Hi! Can anyone suggest any tools that can be found at a regular home for cleaning the laptop fan? Tools from dismantling up to cleaning would be awesome. I've searched videos and articles on how to clean laptop fans but they all have these stuff that I don't have and I may need to buy them somewhere I don't know. Thank you! Smile

(Please move if this isn't the right section. Thanks! Very Happy)

Back to top Go down

Cleaning laptop fan Empty Re: Cleaning laptop fan

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2013, 18:43

Get one of these:

Cleaning laptop fan 582-580-thickbox

They vary in size and cost, the cheaper ones use good ol' fashioned air, though the more expensive ones have some other stuff in it. I prefer to stick with air though.

That's for removing the dust, mainly from the chips, electric circuits and the plastic stuff. If you have any components with metalic fans (like a GPU) you might need to change the oil eventually. I have no idea how or what type of oil you need cause I don't have any metallic parts.

Though if you don't know what you're doing I seriously recommend taking the laptop to an authorized service instead, full maintenance isn't that expensive, not here at least.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Apr 2013, 15:49

TUN3R wrote:Get one of these:

Cleaning laptop fan 582-580-thickbox

They vary in size and cost, the cheaper ones use good ol' fashioned air, though the more expensive ones have some other stuff in it. I prefer to stick with air though.

That's for removing the dust, mainly from the chips, electric circuits and the plastic stuff. If you have any components with metalic fans (like a GPU) you might need to change the oil eventually. I have no idea how or what type of oil you need cause I don't have any metallic parts.

Though if you don't know what you're doing I seriously recommend taking the laptop to an authorized service instead, full maintenance isn't that expensive, not here at least.

Thanks! Yeah, computer services here are kinda expensive (from my last experience) and I still yet to find other stores. Thanks for the advices, tho! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top