Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best clean installation order for Mac? [SOLVED]

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Best clean installation order for Mac? [SOLVED] - Page 3 Empty Best clean installation order for Mac? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jun 2011, 18:40

First topic message reminder :

Hi everyone,
i was running a pre-cracked version of the Sims 3 for mac, and it was running superb, but it wasn't allowing any expansions installed into it, and thats when i found games4theworld and decided to try it this way...

I downloaded ALL files from here, from the base game all the way to generations, and i wanna succeed in installing all of them on my mac so i can eventually help and guide others into getting the same results... but so far, i'd appreciate some info from my fellow mac users who have successfully gotten everything working: what is the best installation order for Mac?

I installed the base game so far, but i haven't started it yet, as i'm guessing that maybe i have to install all the expansions first before i use the cracks.. and according to the pdf file provided by Dale, next in order should be Late Night... but since i saw the Fix files for Mac were updated just yesterday, i'm wondering if anything has changed regarding what expansion to install first...

So, so far i'm thinking of going this way:

1. Base Game
2. Late night
3. World Adventures
4. Ambitions
5. Fast Lane
6. High end Loft
7. Outdoor Living
8. Generations

and then do the launcher update and after that all the cracking... so, can someone tell me if that's a good order? or it really doesn't matter? any input will be much appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Best clean installation order for Mac? [SOLVED] - Page 3 Empty Re: Best clean installation order for Mac? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 19:40

So when you applied the crack the launcher didn't work?

Back to top Go down

Best clean installation order for Mac? [SOLVED] - Page 3 Empty Re: Best clean installation order for Mac? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 19:46

exactly... after i installed the sims 3 from your dmg folder, and i went to open the sims 3 .app, the launcher opened ok, but it didnt offer me to download any update.. so, i clicked on the "game updates" tab, and it told me there was an update for the game.. so, i updated it.. as soon as it finished updating, it loaded the sims 3 app automatically, Litle snitch asked me if i should allow the sims 3 to connect to internet, i said "no", and the launcher didn't load, saying there was an unknown error...

after this, i opened the generations dmg file i made from the generations torrent from games4theworld... i copies the crack from the #crack folder in that dmg, went to open the sims 3 again, and the launcher wouldn't load, saying unknown error...

seeing this, i went to the file i got from the "latest cracks should fix everything", and copied over the files from th #crack folder, the one you're supposed to apply last... and nopes, the launcher won't load...

what could be the wrong step here? is it the serial number?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 19:59

The serial number wouldn't be the problem. When I installed it from that .dmg file it asked me straight away if I wanted to update and I clicked yes. Let it connect to the net as well this really wont affect it either mate. Erm, if you want my serial you can have it. It's; 7K33-AF4X-3DXJ-YZUC-CMNB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2011, 12:01

hihi,

i've been following this thread and have had the same problem as sandmarine. initially i had the service initialisation failed error even after following the ultimate fix guide thoroughly and using the recommended stuffit expander. after which i had uninstalled the base game including all the expansion packs. i tried to install dale's uploaded dmg and serial. the launcher worked fine. but after i update the game. it had a disc authentication failure - no game disc found etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2011, 12:55

i got the game to work. however, i did get a warning when i click the play button something about i have an unofficial modification etc which asked whether i want to quit or not. so i selected no and the game started running. not sure for how long. am afraid it will crash while i'm playing though. i managed to get to 'create a sim'. anyway here is what i did not sure if its correct but at least i did get it running. (:

1) installed Dale's base game dmg and serial
2) opened the Sims 3 once the installation is finished and updated the game to the latest version when prompted
3) installed late night
4) installed world adventures
5) installed high end loft
6) installed ambitions
7) installed fast lane
Cool installed outdoor living
9) installed generations
10) applied the two files under the #crack folder contained in the ultimate fix by navigating to Applications/The Sims 3 folder and then right-click the Sims 3 icon. Select "Show Package Contents" and then Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ Game/Bin/
11) start the game

hope this helps. but i'm still worried about the warning though. is that normal i'm not sure. anyway i forgot to mention that i am using an iMac with a Mac OS X version 10.6.7. (:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2011, 14:01

hi mcqueen,, thanks so much for your post, i was starting to think i was the opnly one in the world with these issues, glad to see i wasn't...

and thanks for your guide! i'm gonna give it a go and see what my results are.... one question though:

when i installed dales dmg, it didn't prompt me to download an update, i had to do it manually... and after i updated it, the game launcher activated itself, and then it gave me the "unknown error" message.. did the same happen to you?

and if i still get that error message, should i continue installing the other expansions?? thanks in advance for the help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2011, 14:30

i was automatically prompted to download an update. and it did not give me the unknown error message. glad to be of help. because it can be very frustrating to install and reinstall. i've been trying for a few days. and finally got it to sort of work. (:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2011, 19:56

McQueen wrote:i got the game to work. however, i did get a warning when i click the play button something about i have an unofficial modification etc which asked whether i want to quit or not. so i selected no and the game started running. not sure for how long. am afraid it will crash while i'm playing though. i managed to get to 'create a sim'. anyway here is what i did not sure if its correct but at least i did get it running. (:

1) installed Dale's base game dmg and serial
2) opened the Sims 3 once the installation is finished and updated the game to the latest version when prompted
3) installed late night
4) installed world adventures
5) installed high end loft
6) installed ambitions
7) installed fast lane
Cool installed outdoor living
9) installed generations
10) applied the two files under the #crack folder contained in the ultimate fix by navigating to Applications/The Sims 3 folder and then right-click the Sims 3 icon. Select "Show Package Contents" and then Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ Game/Bin/
11) start the game

hope this helps. but i'm still worried about the warning though. is that normal i'm not sure. anyway i forgot to mention that i am using an iMac with a Mac OS X version 10.6.7. (:

Yeah, that message is normal and it shouldn't crash. At least we know it works for other people now using the base game I have provided.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2011, 21:55

k, i'm my way to give it a try again... some notes so far:

-installed dale's dmg sims 3
-used dale's serial number... something that called my attention: EA asked me if i could provide like customer information or whatever, something it had never asked me before.. i'm guessing it's because it was a legit SN
-finished installing Sims 3, opened Sims 3
-Game didn't prompt me at all to update.. i clicked "play" just in case, and it asked me for the Sims 3 disc, so i just cancelled it

so here i am... i'm wary of installing anything else because i don't undertstand why the Sims 3 won't ask me to update... i'm currently on version 1.0.631...

should i do the manual update? any ideas why it's not prompting me to update anything?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2011, 22:15

i'm not really mac savvy but i have a feeling that it maybe due to little snitch that is preventing the prompt. i think the auto prompt to update will require internet connection right. i'm not sure though. anyway i did get the same prompt to insert the Sims 3 disc and had cancelled it before proceeding to install the expansion packs. (:

PS: Thank you Dale for the dmg and serial. (:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2011, 23:18

No worries, let us know if it works Sandmarine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2011, 23:19

OM-FFF-G!! IT FINALLY WORKED!!!!

thanks so much to mcqueen and dale for finally me being able to play this awesome game!! can't believe it was such a task, but finally it works.. i not only created a Sim, i even got him inside his apartment, and last when i saved he was working out by himself (hahaha)

ahh, i can't believe it, finally... so, for everyone following this thread, please use Dale's dmg file, and follow mcqueen's direction, to a tee.. that was the only way i finally got this game going

THANKS ONCE AGAIN, YOU GUYS GOT ALL MY REPUTATIONS POINTS I'M ALLOWED TO GIVE (hahah)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2011, 23:20

Weyyy, about time and no problem mate

Admin edit: Problem solved, topic closed.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top