Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I give up. Help PLEASE!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I give up. Help PLEASE! Empty I give up. Help PLEASE!

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 21:53

As I said in other thread, I wanted to reinstall the expansions which weren't working (although they have been installed. Technically, they were 'working', only the stuff was invisible or appeared as little black balls), so I uninstalled everything completely and started the process again. I have .dmg files from 1 year ago when I installed everything. 

Today I followed the new .pdf guide and installed everything as stated. When I started the game launcher, I noticed that almost half of the expansions weren't there (on the bottom of the launcher when you can see which ones are installed). Also, the game wasn't working. At first I got the service initialization failed message and then black screen and then debug message.

Then I browsed this forum and found yet another installation guide, provided with the crack (ultimate fix). I mean, what the hell??? One guide says crack only the base game, one says crack everything separately. Which procedure is right???? 
So I tried cracking everything again separately and the game still doesn't work.

I am desperate. What should I do? Should I make new .dmg files? Maybe mine are corrupted and because of that some expansions didn't work. But making new .dmg files is a long and painful proces and combined with the complicated installation it's just near to impossible if you don't have a day or two off. Why doesn't anyone upload .dmg files? I mean, with so many mac users, it's not rational that every single one of us makes everything alone.

Back to top Go down

I give up. Help PLEASE! Empty Re: I give up. Help PLEASE!

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 21:54

Also, can anyone tell me how to get a clean uninstall, as to wipe everything sims-related off computer? 
I think the sims uninstaller doesn't do that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jun 2013, 09:48

I am no expert at anything, but I had kinda similar problem with launcher a while back. Every expansion was installed but launcher did not show them at all. I realized that they had magically been installed into a subfolder! I installed all Sims directly to Applications, but some expansions were in Applications/Sims 3, have no idea why. But this fixed when I just kept installing them over and over again. Some expansions went to the right place the second installation, some needed three. And I swear, I didn't even make the Sims 3 folder where they got installed and I had absolutely nothing to do with that. 

See if you find anything useful here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11885-only-seeing-7-expansions-at-the-launcher-though-all-are-correctly-installed-solved

(My solves can be found somewhere in the middle of the conversation before the speaker problem)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 12:27

Excatly the same happened to me! Some were automatically installed into Sims 3 subfolder, which was also automatically made.
So you just reinstalled everything multiple times?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top