Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Debug error..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Debug error.. Empty Sims 3 Debug error..

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jun 2013, 20:14

Hi folks.. I just followed the very detailed method to install Sims 3 and the World Adventure Expansion as described here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11808-brand-new-how-to-install-the-sims-3-on-mac-os-guide-read-it-here-now-new

Everything went just perfectly.. all the downloads, installations, updates, everything. It was only when actually trying to play the game that
I have now hit an error that prevents the game from even starting up. Does anyone have any adice how to get past this fatal glitch? Clicking either 'yes' or 'no' does nothing
but shut it down completely. Thank you..

Sims 3 Debug error.. I5de69

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Debug error.. Empty Re: Sims 3 Debug error..

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jun 2013, 23:57

When I get this error, it was usually a result of some incompatible CC or mods. Make sure any mods that are installed are compatible with Patch 1.55. Also, try launching the game with no CC (remove the Mods folder and place it somewhere like your desktop, and on the launcher, select "Run without custom content"). The game should load.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 01:48

Hi Sarah,

thanks for the reply but I have never installed any mods before. I would not even know how. These are all fresh virgin installs with no add-ons, mods or CC's (what ever they are..) Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 02:31

You should try to:
- apply the Ultimate Fix
- apply the manual patch
- apply the Ultimate Fix crack
- apply the manual patch once again
- apply the Ultimate Fix crack once again

And if you keep getting the error message try to go on /documents/electronicarts/thesims3 and delete the version.tag file.

I'm not an expert, but I use to get the same error and this works for me (: xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 03:17

I tried all combinations of the above.. Base game worked fine.. even patched. But as soon as I added the World Adventure Expansion it all went sour. Debug error and game will not even launch. Wen through entire process 4 times today from scratch. Same result. Have resigne myself to just playing the Base Game till a solution can be found.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 05:18

Is WA the only pack you added? I remember it being glitchy when I installed it alone, but was eventually evened out when I added other EPs/SPs. Or I suppose you could try installing the base game and another EP/SP (leaving out WA).

Sorry it's not working, just shooting out ideas here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 13:46

Yes so far WA is the only one I installed. Will try the University one today. Problem is that even if any of the Expansions don't work, they screw up by base game too rendering it useless with a fresh debug error. So I have to remove the whole lot and start the entire process from scratch. It's such a pain... Sad

//EDIT

Spoke too soon.. Base game has just decided to malfunction now and I have not installed anything at all on top. Was fine last night playing for about 5 hours.. today it won't launch at all.
Here is todays error message..

Sims 3 Debug error.. 23rjn5x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 15:12

Having to reinstall entire game again from scratch. 4 days of game saves lost. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 19:25

You can back up the game saves before you uninstall so you can load them again upon reinstallation.

Really sorry TS3 isn't working for you. It always was glitchy for me on my MacBook Pro, that's why I switched it over to my PC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 00:13

Ok I reinstalled the base game. I have some 'sim3pack' content files.. can someone tell me how to add them please? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 02:49

You can do it one of two ways. 1) You can simply double-click on the .sims3pack file, and the launcher will open and automatically install them; or 2) navigate to /Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and place the .sims3pack files in the Downloads folder. Then open the launcher and the files will be under the Download tab. Select the files and the launcher will install them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 05:37

Hi Sarah... it's me again, this website would not recognise my username or password and the password reminder system would not even recognise my email so i had to crate a whole new account.

That's for the help in your last post. The .sim3pack files seem to be installing ok.. Smile

Cheers..

//EDIT

Game was running fine.. I installed a few sim3packs and I got confirmation that that was successful. But now when I try to launch the game it is busted again, oh dear..

Sims 3 Debug error.. Screen11

I think it may be time for me to forget this game and go find something else to play.. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 10:59

Hello,

Are you sure you RE-DOWNLOADED both the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:02

The Ultimate fix for sure.. it contains all the Mac fixes right? Manual patch I'm not so certain. Were can that patch be found? I don't mind giving it one more try??

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:06

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 12:55

Thank you Admin.. Im going to give it all another try. Downloading now.. fingers crossed. So hope this works. Sims 3 Debug error.. Icon_sad

Ok I have it. I installed the base game... applied the manual patch... am now trying to add the University Expansion and am getting this error message. Sad

Sims 3 Debug error.. 9kw4m0

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 15:42

Hello,

I'm sorry, I don't know much about Mac, so for that you'll have to wait for someone who knows more about Mac.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 15:43

i just tried to install the World Adventure Expansion and applies the Super Fix.. Game still will not launch and is giving me this new fatal error message.. ;(

Sims 3 Debug error.. 35d6g75

I think I am just not meant to play this game.. oh well..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top