Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installed Sims 3, but can't install expansions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installed Sims 3, but can't install expansions? Empty Installed Sims 3, but can't install expansions?

Post by Guest Sat 06 Jul 2013, 05:07

I have been attempting to avoid asking for help, but as a new Mac user, I'm having a difficulty installing The Sims 3. I've read all the guides, and nothing is working. I installed the base game (it says it's an unofficial copy and all that nonsense, but a working crack should fix that, right?), but it's the expansions I can't seem to install. I followed the directions under the Mac guide, but after following every step, the installer STILL won't open. I'm trying to install Supernatural. I double-click on the installer like the guide says, but nothing opens. =/ What am I doing wrong?

Back to top Go down

Installed Sims 3, but can't install expansions? Empty Re: Installed Sims 3, but can't install expansions?

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jul 2013, 15:02

i have the same problem, any help ? Sad

Back to top Go down

Installed Sims 3, but can't install expansions? Empty Re: Installed Sims 3, but can't install expansions?

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jul 2013, 16:59

Have you both followed the Mac installation guide from this website?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jul 2013, 22:27

yes , i did .
And i have the same problem. After converting to .dmg format , the INSTALLER won't open and nothing Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jul 2013, 22:28

and all my expansions and base game is from here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Thu 11 Jul 2013, 23:03

You need to open the file you downloaded with StuffIt Expander first. Then create a .dmg with that file. 

But lately we have issues with non-appearing expansion packs problem so I am not sure if we can help you right now about it.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jul 2013, 23:14

yes , i did extract all .rar files to Folder then convert it to .dmg but it still wont work ,

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Fri 12 Jul 2013, 22:03

Which expansion pack's installer you're trying to install?
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jul 2013, 01:29

i've tried world adventures and ambitions so far and both didnt work. fyi i downloaded 2 base games, one from G4TW and 1 from the Anonymous recommended from the guide here and both didnt work as well @__@ any suggestions ? Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sun 14 Jul 2013, 23:25

Pre-cracked version of the base game always works, and you don't need to install it at all. It's already ready, all you need to open the iso and extact the Sims 3 application to your Applications folder.

You can have the game from here.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2013, 02:11

Not sure if you forgot but I still need help w/ the sims 3 univ coming up black . . .my post says "TS3 Univ Problems" HelpHelpHelpHelp

Helper edit: please, there is no need to "bump". We (Sims) Helpers are here whenever we can. Try to be patient, until Phoebe is online again. Wink

- Carlos G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top