Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not really a problem, just some questions. Mac

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not really a problem, just some questions. Mac Empty Not really a problem, just some questions. Mac

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 06:51

I've already read the how to install sims 3 correctly, but I just wanted to ask some questions before I start. 

So I'm on an iMac and I have have bought all the eps except late night. Also, I have no disc drive so I downloaded all my games through origin. I want to get late night from a torrent here, but I've never done it. So yeah here's my questions:

1. Can I get late night from a torrent if all my other eps are legitimate?
2. Do I still need to get the fix or crack if all my other eps are legitimate?
3. What exactly is a crack? 
4. The guide says ignore the first two update prompts and manually update through the launcher, do I still need to do this if my other eps are legitimate? 

Sorry if these questions are stupid, but I'm new to this and very anxious. If its not in the right section, feel free to move it.

Back to top Go down

Not really a problem, just some questions. Mac Empty Re: Not really a problem, just some questions. Mac

Post by J.T. Tue 30 Jul 2013, 07:27

Hello,

Let me answer them one by one:

1. Yes, you can. But bear in mind that the correct directory of applying the #crack folder of the Ultimate Fix (which can be downloaded here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems) should be Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Origin Games/The Sims 3/Game/Bin if you purcahsed the base game via Origin.

2. and 3. Yes, you do need the Ultimate Fix (which is the crack you need). You only need the #crack folder inside this fix. Bear in mind you must apply the manual patch after installing expansions and before applying the Ultimate Fix.

Link for manual patch: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3597-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Not really a problem, just some questions. Mac Empty Re: Not really a problem, just some questions. Mac

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 15:34

Thank you so much for your reply! I just have a few more questions. Do I apply the manual patch and fix after I install ALL the expansions, or just after I install late night which I'll be torrenting? Also, does this mean I can't patch like normal through the launcher ever again because I have one torrented ep?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 30 Jul 2013, 16:10

Hello,

Please apply the manual patch before installing expansions. After installing expansions, apply the Ultimate Fix.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 16:30

Oh really? So I manually patch my base game even though its legitimate? I'm sorry for all the questions but I just want to be positive. 

So does it go like: base game, patch, install my purchased eps, torrent late night, other eps, then crack

OR 

base game, patch, install my purchased eps, torrent late night, crack, other eps.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 30 Jul 2013, 16:49

Hello,

Yes, manual patch is a patch issued by EA to fix the problems encountered by players. It's safe to download and should be downloaded. The Ultimate Fix should be applied whenever you install an expansion pack torrent from G4TW.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 17:36

Okay, so do I apply the ultimate fix after I install all the eps or just after I install the Late Night ep from here?

Also, can I still update and patch like normal from the launcher?

I'm so so so sorry for the questions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 18:14

Oh also, the manual patch says get it if you can't update to 1.55 but I'm already updated to 1.55, do I still need to get it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 18:23

cat2006house wrote:Bear in mind you must apply the manual patch after installing expansions and before applying the Ultimate Fix.

cat2006house wrote:Please apply the manual patch before installing expansions. After installing expansions, apply the Ultimate Fix.

Oh yeah, which one is right? Before or after?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 31 Jul 2013, 00:44

Hello,

Sorry if I have misled you, you can actually install the expansion in both ways. But it is suggested that you should patch your game first before preceeding to the installation.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Jul 2013, 18:02

Okay thanks so much! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 01 Aug 2013, 03:59

Hello,

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top