Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims wont attend class and cant drop out of university!! HELP!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims wont attend class and cant drop out of university!! HELP!!! Empty Sims wont attend class and cant drop out of university!! HELP!!!

Post by Guest Wed 31 Jul 2013, 15:52

HELP! As the title says, I installed every single expansion pack. I was doing great in Island Paradise and one of my sim transferred to Sims University. After the transferring had succeeded, I saved the game and exit. The next day I play, my sim missed the orientation and I cant attend any class, when I click the "Go to Class" button, it will disappear in the queue! When I wanted to drop out of the university, it cancel off all the schedule but I still not getting back! HELP!! I dont want to restart the game as I have some resort building in the island paradise expansion pack!! I tried clearing all cache files, tried MODS like ErrorTraps, and run it without MODS, but still cant fix it!!

PLS HELP MEEE!! Help Sad

Back to top Go down

Sims wont attend class and cant drop out of university!! HELP!!! Empty Re: Sims wont attend class and cant drop out of university!! HELP!!!

Post by J.T. Wed 31 Jul 2013, 15:55

Hello,

I've had this issue before. I then reinstalled The Sims 3: University Life and it works fine afterwards (with Revo Uninstaller). You can also try renaming C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and try again. You can also create a new save and try to see if the bug also affects the new save.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims wont attend class and cant drop out of university!! HELP!!! Empty Re: Sims wont attend class and cant drop out of university!! HELP!!!

Post by Guest Wed 31 Jul 2013, 16:10

Ok, I will try reinstall University again, but will it delete my save game? 

Renaming means? Change the folder name to some other name? or how?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Jul 2013, 16:20

I have tried another save game, no problem, just my original save game got problem! What is the problem now? =(

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 31 Jul 2013, 16:39

nkaichun1995 wrote:Ok, I will try reinstall University again, but will it delete my save game? 

Renaming means? Change the folder name to some other name? or how?
I have tried another save game, no problem, just my original save game got problem! What is the problem now? =(

Hello,

Renaming the folder to whatever you want is a means to remove corrupted mods/CC. However, since this only happens to a particular save, this problem may occur since the save is corrupted. Maybe you should let your sim drop out of university and try to see if this problem happens again. If it does, install a mod Overwatch to see if there is any difference.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Jul 2013, 16:45

I cant drop out of the university, when I select dropping out of the university, my sim will just stuck there and will not do a thing! I have used Overwatch, is it just need to install it into the game? Or do I need to do anything to Overwatch?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 31 Jul 2013, 17:06

Hello,

Then it means this save is corrupted. I am sorry to tell you that there are no solutions for fixing a corrupted save.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 31 Jul 2013, 22:20

nkaichun1995 wrote:I cant drop out of the university, when I select dropping out of the university, my sim will just stuck there and will not do a thing! I have used Overwatch, is it just need to install it into the game? Or do I need to do anything to Overwatch?

Hello,

Try installing "NRAAS Traveler" too. And make sure to have the latest versions of all mods (check out the NRAAS site for an update on "Overwatch" and "ErrorTrap" too). Then try leaving the university town again.

Another workaround for this is to go into "edit town" mode and save your sim into the bin. Then exit the game, make a new savegame and place your sim from the bin somewhere.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Aug 2013, 17:05

Hi guys,
I'm not here to help you out of it, but just to help you prevent it happening again.
I found this problem to be part of inviting your friends/family to your graduation ceremony.
I had a look through some various posts on different websites and they confirmed my thoughts - do NOT invite anyone to your graduation ceremony. This causes your household to be absent in the other world, and therefore giving your Sim nowhere to return to. It's really silly, and hopefully there will be a patch to fix this, but for now, don't invite anyone.

For additional help (if it helps you), turn on high free will so your Sim will return home when the time comes. If you don't do this, your Sim might pass the threshold for returning home, and be stuck at University for ever!

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top