Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can install more expansion packs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can install more expansion packs Empty Can install more expansion packs

Post by Guest Fri 02 Aug 2013, 22:55

I currently bought a mac and wanted to download the sims. So i did. I followed the mac steps that the G4TW provided and successfully download sims 3 base game and island paradise. Now when i try to install another expansion pack, thats where i get stuck. I follow the instructions to a T, the EP will install, but it wont be in my game, can anyone please tell me how to do this?

Back to top Go down

Can install more expansion packs Empty Re: Can install more expansion packs

Post by Phoebe Fri 02 Aug 2013, 23:01

Hello,

Does your base game and IP with it worked wothout problem before you try to install new expansion packs?
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Aug 2013, 23:21

Phoebe wrote:Hello,

Does your base game and IP with it worked wothout problem before you try to install new expansion packs?

Yeah, everything works fine, i just need help with installing more expansion. Because the instructions are sorta confusing for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 03 Aug 2013, 12:26

Hello,

Follow this only. The installation guides included in the torrents are for serial codes only. Bear in mind you should download the mac manual patch and the Ultimate Fix instead of pc.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Aug 2013, 20:55

I had the same issue before when I first installed the base game and SN on my laptop. It would say installed but when I'd open the launcher, the little SN icon isn't showing and I got a million and one errors trying to get it to run. 

Never figured out the problem though, must be during the installation. After 5 days and my 10th try, it magically, suddenly installed properly and worked. And mind you, that was a retail copy I had. 

I've since then installed other EPs downloaded from here and they all work like a charm. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Sep 2013, 14:53

I suggest saving a copy of all your files like downloads, families etc. And uninstalling everything. Now reinstall in the order of the expansions. Apply the ultimate fix Games4theworld has and patch to the latest 1.55 patch if you haven't already. If it doesn't patch properly and comes up with an error you need to do a manual patch which games4theworld offers too. A lot of people are having issues with island paradise, its buggy and I'm not sure why mac users are having so many issues. But this would be the safe way of just eliminating any issues if you install it last. This is just a theory but island paradise might be screwing something up when your computer tries to install an older expansion over it, being that its new and its been so troublesome. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Mon 02 Sep 2013, 12:07

Hello all,

If you're having problems with your game after installing Island Paradise, please see my post and if you have another problems or questions about the process please let me know by opening a new post.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top