Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 won't start; Exception raised.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 won't start; Exception raised. Empty Sims 3 won't start; Exception raised.

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 14:20

Sims 3 has been working great for the past few months and yesterday as I was playing, it crashed after about 20 mins and I got an "Exception raised" error and would I like to debug it? I said yes; nothing happened for a minute and then it crashed to desktop.

I have taken out all CC and now when I open the launcher and press play game it goes into a black screen with my normal cursor and then crashes and says "Exception raised" again. I have re-applied the ultimate fix and then re-patched to 1.55 but to no avail.

I've been scouring the internet looking for solutions and I have found some and tried them but again they aren't working. I have no idea why this is all of a sudden happening. I added some new CC the other day but as I already said, I've gotten rid of them.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 won't start; Exception raised. Empty Re: Sims 3 won't start; Exception raised.

Post by Guest Thu 08 Aug 2013, 14:27

Hello.
We are working on the Mac crack... It seems to be buggy for a lot of people.
In the meantime you can try this topic.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 won't start; Exception raised. Empty Re: Sims 3 won't start; Exception raised.

Post by Guest Sat 10 Aug 2013, 13:48

I tried that and it still didn't work. I loaded all the EPs onto my iMac instead and I still get the "exception raised". What really annoys me is that it was working great for months and now I can't play it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sun 11 Aug 2013, 15:51

Hello,

It was the same for all of us. But I managed to install again. Please follow the instructions in the post I wrote and if you have any questions or problems, please let me know.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Aug 2013, 17:19

That looks promising, hopefully it'll work. Thanks Smile

Quick question: I have the base game on disc already, so can I use that instead of the Base game download here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Aug 2013, 23:49

You tried that.. you mean Bootcamp/Windows? If so, I'm really surprised! Exception Raised looks to be a Mac problem. You would be playing the super solid Windows version if you followed my post. If you want to give it another go, I'll help you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top