Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with Ambitions and Late Night. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems with Ambitions and Late Night. [SOLVED] Empty Problems with Ambitions and Late Night. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 13 Aug 2013, 21:07

Hello, I have downloaded the base game and all expansions and stuff packs for the sims 3 (Mac) up to Island Paradise, and I have also downloaded the manual patch and ultimate fix. I followed the mac guide (Used stuffit expander, created .dmg, etc.) and successfully installed the base game and every EP and SP except for Ambitions, Fast Lane Stuff, Late Night, and Outdoor Living Stuff.

I downloaded the base game and manually patched it to the latest patch (World Adventures would not install otherwise) and installed WA and High End Loft Stuff Easily. But when I install Ambitions, the shortcut icon does not appear in my applications and when I go to open the launcher it says "Unknown Error Occurred". 

I tried deleting the sims 3 preferences from library and also all of the com.transgaming and ipatcher files from preferences and cache, but none of them fixed the problem. Removing Ambitions, however, does fix the problem. I systematically tried installing the expansions in a multitude of ways, finding that none of the methods worked for Ambitions, Fast Lane Stuff, Late Night, and Outdoor Living Stuff, but they all did work for every other EP and SP all the way to island paradise. 

So to sum things up: I get "Unknown Error Occurred" from Ambitions, Fast Lane Stuff, Late Night, and Outdoor Living Stuff even though I installed everything in order, followed the guide, and tried every fix I could find so far. Every other EP and SP works and give shortcut icons in the Applications folder except for the above "problem" EP's and SP's.

Edit: I tried everything I could think of or find, including: trying a different source for the EP, trying different versions of stuffit expander, different base game install, and cleaning out all of the com.transgaming files and sims 3 preferences. None of it worked for those four specific expansion packs, so I tried putting the same sims 3 base game I have on another mac book and installed the same Ambitions EP, and low and behold, it worked! But alas the mac is not mine and therefore I need to figure out how to fix it for my mac. The only different between the two is I am running Mac OS X version 10.7.5 and the other mac is version 10.7.4. Any ideas of anything that could be causing an error on my mac? I tried cleaning out com.transgaming out of the library preferences, caches, and saved application state, but none of that worked for me.

Edit 2: Well I still haven't found a fix but I tried installing the base game and problem EPs and SPs on the other mac, then copied that install over to this mac, and continued installing the rest from here. I will give an update to see how that goes, but it still seems like it is an easy fix for this that I am somehow overlooking.

Edit 3: After transferring the Sims 3 app from the other macbook to this one and finishing the install I seemed to have officially got the base game and all the EPs and SPs up to island paradise cracked and running. The load times are atrocious, but the game runs smoothly once started. All except for the sim creator, when you go to everyday wear **** starts getting crazy, textures disappearing and reappearing, and frequent crashes.

Back to top Go down

Problems with Ambitions and Late Night. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problems with Ambitions and Late Night. [SOLVED]

Post by Phoebe Tue 20 Aug 2013, 19:23

Hello,

Did yo uget any mods or store content after being able to work your game? Maybe they were causing the problem. Please remove them. If you din't get and CC, then please try renaming your Sims 3 Documents File to see if it causes the crashes.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Problems with Ambitions and Late Night. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problems with Ambitions and Late Night. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 27 Aug 2013, 02:38

I didn't have any custom content and I was just starting out with my first attempts at installing the game and all EP's and SP's, so I had tried deleting the folder in documents as well as the ones in Library/Caches, Library/Preferences, and Library/Application Saved States and deleting anything pertaining to Sims 3 or patcher (including com.transgaming files), but none of that worked. As stated, the installs all worked perfectly on another macbook, and I transferred that installed Sims 3 App over and was able to continue the install successfully.

I think it comes down to one of two problems: either my macbook OS simply isn't compatible with the Sims 3 (unlikely because the other macbook had nearly identical version of OS), or that there was an install file left over causing the error that was not located in one of the above folders that are common fixes for most people.

But since I got it working correctly I am not able to test anything further, but if someone has similar problems as I do maybe you could suggest them to do as I have done until someone can find the fix for this. 

Thanks for replying (:

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Wed 28 Aug 2013, 15:36

Hello,

The problem is ANY Macs are compitable with The Sims 3 Smile But I am glad that you make it work. Please let me know if you have any other problems.

Topic is closed.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top