Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installed Aurora Skies, Sunlit Tides, etc -- now Sims 3 won't start.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installed Aurora Skies, Sunlit Tides, etc -- now Sims 3 won't start. Empty Installed Aurora Skies, Sunlit Tides, etc -- now Sims 3 won't start.

Post by Guest Mon 23 Sep 2013, 14:34

Thanks to the wonderful peeps and community here at games4theworld, I now own all expansion packs. So my last additions were all the Worlds and I downloaded those through games4theworld, as well. I extracted the files and double-clicked to install through the launcher. I also (to be on the safe side) re-installed the 1.57 crack and re-applied the ultimate fix.

My Sims 3 will not start. It runs, but it just sits at a black screen and when I check task manager, it says 'Not Responding'. Sad Did I break my stuff? I'm sure there's a fix here, hopefully you all can help!

*Edited to add: my Launcher also gets an unexpected error now and crashes.

Back to top Go down

Installed Aurora Skies, Sunlit Tides, etc -- now Sims 3 won't start. Empty Re: Installed Aurora Skies, Sunlit Tides, etc -- now Sims 3 won't start.

Post by J.T. Mon 23 Sep 2013, 14:40

dayblush wrote:Thanks to the wonderful peeps and community here at games4theworld, I now own all expansion packs. So my last additions were all the Worlds and I downloaded those through games4theworld, as well. I extracted the files and double-clicked to install through the launcher. I also (to be on the safe side) re-installed the 1.57 crack and re-applied the ultimate fix.

My Sims 3 will not start. It runs, but it just sits at a black screen and when I check task manager, it says 'Not Responding'. Sad Did I break my stuff? I'm sure there's a fix here, hopefully you all can help!

*Edited to add: my Launcher also gets an unexpected error now and crashes.
Hello,

Can you tell us what the error is when running the launcher?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Installed Aurora Skies, Sunlit Tides, etc -- now Sims 3 won't start. Empty Re: Installed Aurora Skies, Sunlit Tides, etc -- now Sims 3 won't start.

Post by Guest Mon 23 Sep 2013, 14:45

The error issue seems resolved. It was a one-time thing, so far. It just says it encountered an unexpected error, and I didn't get the error code. It hasn't happened again, thankfully. Still having the problem with the game 'not responding'. Just the black screen with the busy Windows Vista icon.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 23 Sep 2013, 14:46

dayblush wrote:The error issue seems resolved. It was a one-time thing, so far. It just says it encountered an unexpected error, and I didn't get the error code. It hasn't happened again, thankfully. Still having the problem with the game 'not responding'. Just the black screen with the busy Windows Vista icon.
Hello,

Usually the loading time indicates how many stuff packs/expansion packs and custom content you have installed. Can you try waiting for a while? The black screen also happens to me too, but after a while the game starts to launch.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Sep 2013, 14:49

Sure, I'll give it a go and leave it alone and see what happens. I'll report back afterwards!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Sep 2013, 15:01

Okay, 10 minutes and still no response after it goes black as though to load up. Not even a Maxis screen.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 23 Sep 2013, 15:04

Hello,

Please delete the following caches in the folder C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3:
-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package

-the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Sep 2013, 15:10

Done, but I do not have a world caches folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 23 Sep 2013, 15:18

dayblush wrote:Done, but I do not have a world caches folder.
Hello,

It's not necessary to have this folder.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Sep 2013, 15:19

Still not loading, unfortunately. I think I've borked my game.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 23 Sep 2013, 15:20

dayblush wrote:Still not loading, unfortunately. I think I've borked my game.
Hello,

Please rename this folder and try again: C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Sep 2013, 15:23

Alright! I deleted the DCCache files and it works, but now... lol. The installed worlds won't let me play them, and it is attempting to make me purchase them. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 23 Sep 2013, 15:24

dayblush wrote:Alright! I deleted the DCCache files and it works, but now... lol. The installed worlds won't let me play them, and it is attempting to make me purchase them. Smile
Hello,

I think you need to redownload the neighbourhoods from www.games4theworlddownloads.org.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Sep 2013, 15:30

Huh, I did download them from you guys! I was just reading -- do I need to download/install a store fix thing to make my G4TW downloaded worlds to work with my game?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 23 Sep 2013, 15:32

dayblush wrote:Huh, I did download them from you guys! I was just reading -- do I need to download/install a store fix thing to make my G4TW downloaded worlds to work with my game?
Hello,

Yes, you do need the store fix to be able to use some of the objects that come with the neighbourhoods. You seriously need to redownload the worlds. Please also extract them with WinRAR only. Other tools may cause unexpected errors.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Sep 2013, 15:34

I'll do all that then. Thank you so much for your help, you've been absolutely great to me the past few days! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 23 Sep 2013, 15:38

dayblush wrote:I'll do all that then. Thank you so much for your help, you've been absolutely great to me the past few days! Smile
Hello,

I will leave this topic open until you have no problems with the installation of the neighbourhoods. Please keep us posted.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Sep 2013, 20:01

It worked for a bit, and then started the whole 'screen going black after launching' deal. I deleted the files in my dcc and it started up, but then my worlds were missing. So I reinstalled my worlds, and now the game will not start again. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 15 Oct 2013, 21:26

Could you try installing the worlds one at a time, and testing the game between each? There may be a certain world your computer isn't liking, or it may not be able to handle all of them being in the game.

(Also, next time you do get into your game, go into the options and make sure the "in-game store" is turned off)
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top