Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Here, Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Here, Question  Empty New Here, Question

Post by Guest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 11:25

Hi there, new here, just want to say first incredible site and source for Sim lovers, impressed with the level of care and patience and thoroughness for those that aren't as tech savvy as others, a lot of places attack you if you ask what they consider to be stupid questions, ok onto my question...(if this is in the wrong forum I apologize)

So today I got all the expansions, read up on everything to make sure I did everything right, currently I am on the last step, getting the Ultimate Fix patch, its taking a hot minute since its so large.  Passing the time and exploring more of the site, I see there is also the EA released extras that you can get with SimPoints.....but despite looking deeper, I couldn't find any instructions on what you need to do to get and install properly.  I've very painstakingly made sure to follow every process thus far and dont want to start 'experimenting' with the downloads now.  If someone could just tell me the process with those I appreciate it.  I am not in a rush either cause I have plenty to do with all the content I just got and after I get it patched etc.  Thank you in advance for your time

Noob  - Chevy

Back to top Go down

New Here, Question  Empty Re: New Here, Question

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 09 Oct 2013, 13:08

ChevyGuy wrote:Hi there, new here, just want to say first incredible site and source for Sim lovers, impressed with the level of care and patience and thoroughness for those that aren't as tech savvy as others, a lot of places attack you if you ask what they consider to be stupid questions, ok onto my question...(if this is in the wrong forum I apologize)

So today I got all the expansions, read up on everything to make sure I did everything right, currently I am on the last step, getting the Ultimate Fix patch, its taking a hot minute since its so large.  Passing the time and exploring more of the site, I see there is also the EA released extras that you can get with SimPoints.....but despite looking deeper, I couldn't find any instructions on what you need to do to get and install properly.  I've very painstakingly made sure to follow every process thus far and dont want to start 'experimenting' with the downloads now.  If someone could just tell me the process with those I appreciate it.  I am not in a rush either cause I have plenty to do with all the content I just got and after I get it patched etc.  Thank you in advance for your time

Noob  - Chevy
Hello,

If you mean the "store items" from here: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/

then there are several ways on how to get them into your game:

1) download the files; these are in the ".sims3pack" file format (maybe you have to extract them before from a .RAR file, with WinRAR). Now you copy the .sims3pack files into My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads. Now, open the launcher (click on an expansion shortcut on the desktop) and go to the "Downloads"-tab. Mark all the items and click on "install". Keep in mind though that if you use this method, you cannot install too many .sims3packs at once. Just put in, let's say 15-20 .sims3packs into the Downloads-folder, install them with the launcher, then put in the next 15-20 files, and so on.

2) Or you can use "CC Magic" (which is what I would recommend): https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t7029-the-sims-3-cc-please-make-sure-your-game-has-the-latest-software-updates-and-try-again-error-s-100-solution

I haven't tried it myself yet, but with CC Magic, you should be able to install more items at one time (anyone correct me if I'm wrong).

Good luck then !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top