Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Missing text in menus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Missing text in menus Empty Sims 3 Missing text in menus

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 21:23

My game starts up fine, but once it gets to the main menu, there's no text in the drop-downs either in Select Town, or the ... Menu.

I have the following expansions: Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, Pets, Seasons, University Life, World Adventures.
The game worked fine when I only had Late Night, Pets and Generations. I think it stopped after I installed Uni.

I have manually updated the game, and have used the Ultimate fix in proper folders etc. Re-installing the base game itself didn't work. Changing the registry Locale to "EN-us" didn't work. Removing caches didn't work, backing up and forcing the Sims 3 folder in Documents to re-create didn't work. Searching the forums for a solution didn't work.

Any ideas? Or am I left with the uninstallin-everything-path?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Missing text in menus Empty Re: Sims 3 Missing text in menus

Post by Sephymuffins Sun 27 Oct 2013, 21:45

Hello!

I have gotten this problem before and it was directly connected to a patching/lack of crack error.  If you attempt to load the game further, does it crash to your desktop?

Please follow the steps once again (I know it can be tedious) here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
The only files you need to use to crack the game with are the two files found in the #Crack subfolder (in the Ultimate Fix .rar file).  Drag, drop and overwrite those files into the base-game's game/bin/ folder.  You mentioned that you "used the Ultimate Fix in the proper folders".  There is only one folder you need to be using the crack in!  

Please let us know if you have any more questions or need anymore assistance!  Smile Good luck.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Aug 2014, 05:12

So at this point I'm at my end's rope. I recently installed the complete sims 3 with all the expansions and stuff packs. I came across a slight issue. I don't have any drop down menu or town's to view or even begin to play with. It's been stuck like this for the past couple of days. 

I tried cleaning out my cache, removing The Sims 3 folder in My Documents to have a base game restart and have reinstalled my games twice in the correct order. Only pausing after installing the base game to update the latest patch (1.67.2) and continue installing the remainder of the games in the order of their release. I'm clueless as to what is wrong. I change my crack file multiple times to see if that was the issue and the same issue whenever I get past the loading screen for Sims 3 Into The Future-- everything else remains blank. No menu, no towns, no login.

I even tried applying an older patch and not update the game and letting it run. Still the same. I'm frustrated and wanted to get my last game play in before I get The Sims 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Thu 14 Aug 2014, 19:43

darkdreamqueen wrote:So at this point I'm at my end's rope. I recently installed the complete sims 3 with all the expansions and stuff packs. I came across a slight issue. I don't have any drop down menu or town's to view or even begin to play with. It's been stuck like this for the past couple of days. 

I tried cleaning out my cache, removing The Sims 3 folder in My Documents to have a base game restart and have reinstalled my games twice in the correct order. Only pausing after installing the base game to update the latest patch (1.67.2) and continue installing the remainder of the games in the order of their release. I'm clueless as to what is wrong. I change my crack file multiple times to see if that was the issue and the same issue whenever I get past the loading screen for Sims 3 Into The Future-- everything else remains blank. No menu, no towns, no login.

I even tried applying an older patch and not update the game and letting it run. Still the same. I'm frustrated and wanted to get my last game play in before I get The Sims 4.

Hi,

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time.

Did you download a collection/complete version where all the expansions and stuff packs are already a part of the game (or CD), or did you download and install the base-game and all expansions/stuff packs separately?

Please realize, anything G4TW based with cracks, patches, etc., will not work on collection or "complete" games from The Sims.

If you did, in fact, install all of them separately, you should not be using the Patch until you have finished installing all the games (you don't need to go in order).  Once all of the games are installed, use the Manual Patch and then the Ultimate Fix.

Hope this helps,
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Aug 2014, 19:50

I did so all separately. But I couldn't install World Adventures without there being some error popping up. The issue was solved upon installing the patch and then continuing

//EDIT: Oh and the ultimate fix doesn't work for me due to some of my expansions being of a newer model.

//EDIT: 
Sephymuffins wrote:
darkdreamqueen wrote:So at this point I'm at my end's rope. I recently installed the complete sims 3 with all the expansions and stuff packs. I came across a slight issue. I don't have any drop down menu or town's to view or even begin to play with. It's been stuck like this for the past couple of days. 

Hi,

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time.

Did you download a collection/complete version where all the expansions and stuff packs are already a part of the game (or CD), or did you download and install the base-game and all expansions/stuff packs separately?

Please realize, anything G4TW based with cracks, patches, etc., will not work on collection or "complete" games from The Sims.

If you did, in fact, install all of them separately, you should not be using the Patch until you have finished installing all the games (you don't need to go in order).  Once all of the games are installed, use the Manual Patch and then the Ultimate Fix.

Hope this helps,
I'm going to reinstall again, this time leaving out world adventures and see if this helps and then install world adventures after I patch

Update:

So I finally got it working until I installed the 1.67 patch--that was where the issue was. Luckily I looked up similar issues again this time in relation to this patch and I uninstalled and reinstalled the base game. This patch actually breaks the game for some reason. There is virtually no fix for it on the Windows (United States) platform as of yet. So I figure I'll be fine as long as I remember not to update or download anything relating to this patch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 18:51

Hello,
After updating, you need to download the new Ultimate Fix, and copy the files from the #Crack folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 19:06

The ultimate fix won't work for any new expansions past master suite stuff... even though it clearly has a folder for after Generations-- no--nope--- don't work. Still have the error message asking me for my Into The Future disk from the launcher or when trying to run straight from the extension file.

The main issue with this problem all resulted from the 1.67 update--it either needs to be majorly fixed from E.A or just removed altogether. As long as I don't use that update I'm fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 19:10

Again, use only the files from the #Crack folder, and copy them into the base game install folder.
Please try it I play my games (all expansions) with version 1.67 without a glitch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Aug 2014, 01:19

Shamrock wrote:Again, use only the files from the #Crack folder, and copy them into the base game install folder.
Please try it I play my games (all expansions) with version 1.67 without a glitch.
 I had done this multiple times in the beginning and had gotten nowhere-- so yeah. I'm not updating to 1.67 and I'm not using the supposed ultimate fix. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Aug 2014, 04:39

I found that by redownloading the ultimate fix and applying the files in the #Crack folder to the base game bin folder, I had no issue. I am sorry that you have experienced this issue and have been unable to get it resolved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Aug 2014, 20:27

Might I add that we here all have games fully updated and working.
But sure, maybe you do know better and we are just here to goof around and waste our time...
you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 18 Aug 2014, 22:13

darkdreamqueen wrote: I had done this multiple times in the beginning and had gotten nowhere-- so yeah. I'm not updating to 1.67 and I'm not using the supposed ultimate fix. Thank you.

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties getting this to work. If you want, read the part about "Live Screen Service/TeamViewer", here:
http://www.games4theworld.org/contact.html

If you want to do such a TeamViewer session; catch me on the chatbox sometime around. Then I'll see if I can fix that issue, via TeamViewer.

Smile

//EDIT

As the other team members already said, there is nothing wrong with the 1.67 manual patch and the 1.67 Ultimate fix. If everything is applied correctly, there shouldn't be any issues. But again, if you agree on the TeamViewer thing, I'd like to see to that myself.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jan 2018, 13:01

Hi guys!

Sorry if i came late! but i got into the same problem that you've had. but i figured it out already what is the solution for it. 

You just have to copy the crack in the ultimate fixed folder, BUT NOT in this sub folder  'All expansion packs released after and including Generations' even though it instructed you to do like that. but it wasn't work for me too. 

instead, I copy a crack from the folder '# Crack' 
and it happened that all the texts came back and everything appeared. just like that! so try this for yourself.

Be blessed!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Jan 2018, 17:30

Nampa wrote:Hi guys!

(...) BUT NOT in this sub folder  'All expansion packs released after and including Generations' even though it instructed you to do like that. 

Hello and welcome to the Forum @Nampa,

Please be advised that bumping old threads is (while not technically against the rules) mostly pointless since the discussion participants are not likely going to come back reading this. Experience shows that the original poster will only come back to the thread within a few days only, so responding to threads that are several years old isn't going to help them. But who knows, maybe it could be helpful for new users who come across this message.

Also, if I remember correctly, the files under 'All expansion packs released after and including Generations' are NOT crack files. These are original game files that you must insert if you want(ed) to update the game through the Sims 3 launcher. There is another reason why the original instructions don't work anymore and someone mentioned it at some point, but I can't recall it anymore.

Either way, it's easier to use the manual patch + Ultimate Fix anyhow.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top