Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Sim is stuck with her head in the portal!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Sim is stuck with her head in the portal! Empty My Sim is stuck with her head in the portal!

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 22:28

I saw this had been posted earlier and resolved, but I don't have any mods or anything like that except for the store stuff I get from G4TW. My sim tried to inspect the time portal or whatever its called, and then....well, she stays there. Shes stuck, and cant go to the future. No idea what to do to fix this, and as I said, no mods or or cc outside of the Sims 3 store updates. Can someone please save my Sim? She REALLY wants to go to the future! <3

//EDIT
Just noticed I have a reputation on here of 2 now, totally awesome, completely unrelated, and My Sim is stuck with her head in the portal! 294340757

Back to top Go down

My Sim is stuck with her head in the portal! Empty Re: My Sim is stuck with her head in the portal!

Post by Sephymuffins Mon 28 Oct 2013, 00:20

Hello!

I'm not much help when it comes to solving glitchy-in-game issues, however, to unstick your sim bring up the cheat console (ctrl+shift+C).  Type in:  resetsim [first name] [last name].

You don't need the '[]'s, please just end up typing as an example: "resetsim Layla Davis". Smile

I hope that helps your sim at least get out of the pickle their in! Wink
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

My Sim is stuck with her head in the portal! Empty Re: My Sim is stuck with her head in the portal!

Post by Guest Mon 28 Oct 2013, 00:35

Thanks, I quit the game without a save, so shes safe for now, but I so badly want to go to the future. :)But as I said to one of the moderators here, if it happens, it happens. Admin and staff have done so much for all of us, that it hardly seems worth getting upset over, you know? But thank you for the advice, should I ever attempt to use time travel again, I will keep it in mind if the results are less than favorable. The Sims Plumbob 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Mon 28 Oct 2013, 01:40

You're so welcome!

Please keep in mind, and I TOTALLY derped and forgot to mention this earlier, that some mods and even custom content can make your game behave differently.  You'd be surprised how ONE, simple, .package file can sometimes soil up your game.  So far with my same expansion pack, my sims have no issues going into the future.  You may try and see if another family has the same glitch!  If so, you can at least rule out your one specific family being the culprit - then you can look elsewhere and begin investigating further.  Wink
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Oct 2013, 02:58

I dont have any customer content or mods, that is what makes it all so weird. I only have the G4TW base game, expansions, and store content. =/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Oct 2013, 04:33

Try this, this and this see either it could help or not
(Just apply to your mod file)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top