Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nintendo (3)DS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nintendo (3)DS Empty Nintendo (3)DS

Post by Dieneryn Tue 29 Oct 2013, 11:48

Hello there!

So anyone here who plays games on the NDS?
I recently got back to playing it.. And I'm totally hooked on the Professor Layton series.
I really enjoy detective/puzzle solving games that come with a GOOD PLOT. Can't stand games that are purely puzzle.. I need a story!

So some of the games I enjoy the best are here:
- Phoenix Wright series (I can't the new releases in English for next year!)
- Professor Layton series
- The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time
- Harvest Moon series

You know.. Ocarina of Time is just so AMAZING. But.. I'm stuck somewhere in the game, and have been for a year at least Sad

The Harvest Moon games always hook me in right at the start but I tend to lose interest halfway in the game when the actions start to get repetitive..

So.. Anyone played the games I have mentioned? Any suggestions for games on the DS? Very Happy
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Nintendo (3)DS Empty Re: Nintendo (3)DS

Post by J.T. Tue 29 Oct 2013, 11:52

I don't have NDS, but I've got an NDS emulator, with 2 games: Super Smash Bros, and Mario Kart, and thanks! I will search for .z64 files of those games. Wish me luck!

P.S. I personally think Super Smash Bros is really fun, especially when you play the game with your friends!
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Tue 29 Oct 2013, 11:58

I can't believe I missed out Mario Kart! I do have that too and I think it is one of the best games out there.. 

I used to have an emulator too. I thought the NDS ROM files work just fine? I download all the games when I use the DS console.. 

I only have to buy the games if they are in 3D. Razz

Well if you enjoy racking your brain and giving it a good workout, the Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton series is definitely the best out there. I get withdrawal issues each time I finish a game. >.<

And I'll be sure to try out Super Smash Bros!

Moderator edit: Topic moved to "Consoles". Wink

- Carlos
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 29 Oct 2013, 14:20

.rom files do work with the emulator, but I developed strange fondness for .z64 files. Razz
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 02 Nov 2013, 09:29

Dieneryn wrote:Hello there!

So anyone here who plays games on the NDS?
I recently got back to playing it.. And I'm totally hooked on the Professor Layton series.
I really enjoy detective/puzzle solving games that come with a GOOD PLOT. Can't stand games that are purely puzzle.. I need a story!

So some of the games I enjoy the best are here:
- Phoenix Wright series (I can't the new releases in English for next year!)
- Professor Layton series
- The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time
- Harvest Moon series

You know.. Ocarina of Time is just so AMAZING. But.. I'm stuck somewhere in the game, and have been for a year at least Sad

The Harvest Moon games always hook me in right at the start but I tend to lose interest halfway in the game when the actions start to get repetitive..

So.. Anyone played the games I have mentioned? Any suggestions for games on the DS? Very Happy

Hey there,

I played "Ocarina of time", not on the N3DS, but on the old Nintendo 64, a while back. From what I've heard, the N3DS version is just a remake of the original, with no differences in gameplay.

You find "Ocarina of time" difficult ? OK, some of the dungeons are very tricky (like the underwater dungeon), but I found the dungeon bosses themselves not so hard to beat (not even the final boss). You should have played "Majora's mask" (on the N64) though. Razz  This game was pure hell. I can't remember having played a more difficult videogame ever. But it was challenging - in a positive way. Very Happy A remake of Majora's mask would probably not be too popular, because the majority of today's audience prefers easy games, lol.

Other than that, I played "Pokemon - Diamond" (on a "Nintendo DS Lite") when it came out a few years ago. While it was quite fun to play, especially if you are new to this series, it gets pretty boring once you complete the "official" challenges in the game, i.e. beating the other opponents in the in-game tournaments.

My sister recently bought a N3DS, but besides establishing an internet connection between the console and the WLAN network (because of her n00bishness Very Happy), my experiences with it are limited. I don't know, there don't seem to be too many games which I find interesting, besides the "established" Nintendo game series, like Super Mario or Zelda.

Let's see. Smile 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Sep 2014, 18:48

I have a midnight purple 3ds. I prefer smaller things, so i didn't grab the xl. Razz

I only have 3 games for it.

Pokemon Y.
Mario Kart (uhhh 7?)
Luigi's Mansion: Dark moon.

Pokemon is a great game. though it's very dissapointing for longtime players when it comes to the campaign itself. It's rediculously easy. Even when you play using "the Nuzlocke challenge" it's still rediculously easy. Your rival isn't a rival anymore. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

However it is a great game to play with the new visuals. The global trade station is great, lets you trade with people around the world. You put in a pokemon you want and either trade someone who wants something you got or you put a pokemon up and wait for someone to trade for it.

And then there's the wondertrade. It's basically a lotto. You put in a pokemon and it will be traded to someone randomly. You never know what you are going to get. When the game first launched, this thing sucked, everyone was tossing in pokemon that are always spawning. but as months went by, it got better.

There's competitive online battling. these guy's are insane, XD.
And there's a challenge ladder (you vs computer) and the computer is hard too.

Overall I enjoy the game. It's a bit too easy for my tastes. But nonetheless, still fun. I <3 sylveon. adorable little critter.

---
Haven't really gotten many games since i'm still looking for a job atm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Sep 2014, 23:22

I have a 3ds but not much games for it all i have for it so far is:

Shin Megami Tensei IV: it's a very good turn based RPG where you fight demons and talk to demons to join your party and it has a very good story and easily 70+ hour game for new comers to Shin Megami Tensei Games

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers: a Remake of a Sega Saturn game

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor: Overclocked: instead of a regular turn based RPG it's a Strategy RPG like Fire Emblem but with a story that plays like a visual novel and has several endings

Pokemon Y: not much to be said since it's already been talked about

New Super Mario Bros 2: my grandma found it in her house and just gave it to me it's just a mario game not much to be said

But i do really enjoy my 3DS even for my limited amount of games i have on it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Sep 2014, 23:36

Raiden24 wrote:I have a 3ds but not much games for it all i have for it so far is:

Shin Megami Tensei IV: it's a very good turn based RPG where you fight demons and talk to demons to join your party and it has a very good story and easily 70+ hour game for new comers to Shin Megami Tensei Games

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers: a Remake of a Sega Saturn game

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor: Overclocked: instead of a regular turn based RPG it's a Strategy RPG like Fire Emblem but with a story that plays like a visual novel and has several endings

New Super Mario Bros 2: my grandma found it in her house and just gave it to me it's just a mario game not much to be said

Don't remember what game I played for NDS. I believe it was a SMT game. First person RPG game. you go through a dungeon, fight  creatures and try to capture them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 05:32

anonymouse wrote:
Raiden24 wrote:I have a 3ds but not much games for it all i have for it so far is:

Don't remember what game I played for NDS. I believe it was a SMT game. First person RPG game. you go through a dungeon, fight  creatures and try to capture them.

It was probably Strange Journey or Soul Hackers those are the only SMT games i can think of that are 1st person and is for the DS those fit the description. Strange Journey is one of the most difficult games i played lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 08:09

Raiden24 wrote:
anonymouse wrote:

It was probably Strange Journey or Soul Hackers those are the only SMT games i can think of that are 1st person and is for the DS those fit the description. Strange Journey is one of the most difficult games i played lol
I think you were part of a space crew. I remember there being a space ship.

The DS Rom i had kept crashing so i gave up on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Sep 2014, 01:57

anonymouse wrote:
Raiden24 wrote:
anonymouse wrote:

I think you were part of a space crew. I remember there being a space ship.

The DS Rom i had kept crashing so i gave up on it.

Then is was Strange Journey since thats the only SMT game where you play as a Trained Soldier compared to the rest of the SMT games where your just a teenager

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 11 Sep 2014, 18:28

I thought I'd post some pictures now. Very Happy

Nintendo (3)DS Bild0026

Nintendo (3)DS Bild0027

I got that Nintendo 3DS XL as a gift (after I wrote my above post, in this thread), and so far I like it very much. Very Happy  The thing that annoys me though is the relatively expensive games. 

I'm planning to look into modding/jailbreaking possibilities on that console, but so far, these possibilities seem rather limited. Whenever a way is found to circumvent any "security"-feature, it will (usually) be remedied by Nintendo in the next firmware update. Rolling Eyes  

I saw someone actually managing to break the "region-lock", with an earlier firmware version of the console (can't remember anymore though if it was the 3DS or the normal DS). Meaning, that person would have been able to play games from other "regions" in the world, which Nintendo doesn't want you to do.

Also, I've heard from people managing to play pirated 3DS ROMs with special flashcards, but these will also be rendered useless (in most cases) when updating the firmware.

I guess I'll be trying to avoid updating the firmware, unless the flashcard has been updated to work with that firmware version(s) too. Very Happy 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Sep 2014, 15:59

Carlos wrote:I thought I'd post some pictures now. Very Happy

Nintendo (3)DS Bild0026

Nintendo (3)DS Bild0027

I got that Nintendo 3DS XL as a gift (after I wrote my above post, in this thread), and so far I like it very much. Very Happy  The thing that annoys me though is the relatively expensive games. 

I'm planning to look into modding/jailbreaking possibilities on that console, but so far, these possibilities seem rather limited. Whenever a way is found to circumvent any "security"-feature, it will (usually) be remedied by Nintendo in the next firmware update. Rolling Eyes  

I saw someone actually managing to break the "region-lock", with an earlier firmware version of the console (can't remember anymore though if it was the 3DS or the normal DS). Meaning, that person would have been able to play games from other "regions" in the world, which Nintendo doesn't want you to do.

Also, I've heard from people managing to play pirated 3DS ROMs with special flashcards, but these will also be rendered useless (in most cases) when updating the firmware.

I guess I'll be trying to avoid updating the firmware, unless the flashcard has been updated to work with that firmware version(s) too. Very Happy 

That's a nice looking 3DS i just have a regular red 3DS but im looking into buying a limited edition Persona Q 3DS and giving my cousin my old one since im a big fan and it looks very niceNintendo (3)DS 1394788354-persona-q-shadow-of-the-labyrinth-3ds-xl
Also i hope you find a way to jailbreak your 3ds without any problems and removing region lock since it's a obvious annoyance i feel bad for people who live outside of Japan and America since they either have to get a Japanese/American 3DS or wait for a release in their country specifically europe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top