Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Sims 3 has stopped working" as I try to start a game. EDITx2 (Now fixed). [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Sims 3 has stopped working" as I try to start a game. EDITx2 (Now fixed). [SOLVED] Empty "Sims 3 has stopped working" as I try to start a game. EDITx2 (Now fixed). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2013, 16:54

It was working fine, until I updated manually to the 1.63 patch. I have done the store fix, and the ultimate fix and I have cleared all the caches out and I've created a new sims 3 folder in the documents section.

Its still crashing when it gets to the make a save (Second loading screen).

I've run out of ideas, can anyone suggest what else could be the issue? Thanks in advance.

I have since installed into the future. - It allows me to get into the game- so far so good- Now to see if it will let me play for more than 5 mins.

EDIT 2- I've been playing it, it seems after patch 1.63 installing into the future fixed the crash... scratch  Not sure how that works.. but the games working so thank you for your help anyway lol!

Last edited by cat2006house on Fri 01 Nov 2013, 04:36; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Update on issue.)

Back to top Go down

"Sims 3 has stopped working" as I try to start a game. EDITx2 (Now fixed). [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Sims 3 has stopped working" as I try to start a game. EDITx2 (Now fixed). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2013, 17:02

I'm having the same exact problem with that patch.
But in my case it's from a fresh install. I have the 1.63 patch, I get an error in the beginning saying that I'm running an unofficial copy but it goes without problems to the game menu. Once I start a new game and while on the loading screen it freezes and gives me that error.

More details:

Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   Sims3LauncherW.exe
  Application Version:   0.2.0.205
  Application Timestamp:   525c3279
  Fault Module Name:   CmdPortalClient.dll
  Fault Module Version:   2.0.0.1
  Fault Module Timestamp:   49ce8e3c
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   0001d158
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   2070
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Back to top Go down

"Sims 3 has stopped working" as I try to start a game. EDITx2 (Now fixed). [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Sims 3 has stopped working" as I try to start a game. EDITx2 (Now fixed). [SOLVED]

Post by Sephymuffins Wed 30 Oct 2013, 18:28

Hello!

Please do steps 2 through 4 here, once again: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

So it's->Manual Patch->#Crack from the Ultimate Fix.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Wed 30 Oct 2013, 18:29

kyrunn wrote:I'm having the same exact problem with that patch.
But in my case it's from a fresh install. I have the 1.63 patch, I get an error in the beginning saying that I'm running an unofficial copy but it goes without problems to the game menu. Once I start a new game and while on the loading screen it freezes and gives me that error.

More details:

Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   Sims3LauncherW.exe
  Application Version:   0.2.0.205
  Application Timestamp:   525c3279
  Fault Module Name:   CmdPortalClient.dll
  Fault Module Version:   2.0.0.1
  Fault Module Timestamp:   49ce8e3c
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   0001d158
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   2070
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Hello!

Please be advised that if you're having any issues, you need to make a brand new topic. You can hang around here if you need to, but we do not deal with multiple peoples' issues in the same thread.  Smile  

Thank you!
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

"Sims 3 has stopped working" as I try to start a game. EDITx2 (Now fixed). [SOLVED] Empty Still nothing

Post by Guest Thu 31 Oct 2013, 01:04

Hey, just posting to say Ive the same problem (but from a fresh download, followed all the fixes and patches (also Im windows 8 )) and I have tried steps 2 - 4 again even after reinstalling the base game and adding all the game/bins to the DEP. The problem is still there. Help.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 01 Nov 2013, 04:35

kz22 wrote:Hey, just posting to say Ive the same problem (but from a fresh download, followed all the fixes and patches (also Im windows 8 )) and I have tried steps 2 - 4 again even after reinstalling the base game and adding all the game/bins to the DEP. The problem is still there. Help.
Please open a new topic. We don't want any confusion (due to many people posting under the same topic about their problems), causing a lot of misunderstanding. Please open a new topic so that we can help you efficiently.

Since the OP said the problem is solved, the topic is locked.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top