Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to install a second expansion pack!! help please!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

how to install a second expansion pack!! help please!! Empty how to install a second expansion pack!! help please!!

Post by Guest Wed 27 Nov 2013, 14:18

Hi! I've tried your method but it didn't worked): but however i uninstalled my base game and try to reinstall it again and it worked!!! So thankyou!!Very Happy

Last edited by Simmer4lifezzx on Thu 28 Nov 2013, 11:05; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

how to install a second expansion pack!! help please!! Empty Re: how to install a second expansion pack!! help please!!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 27 Nov 2013, 16:30

Simmer4lifezzx wrote:Hi! i've got problems downloading the sims3 island paradise before but after installing it in (C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3) it works fine now , however when i want to install the second expansion pack now the university life which i downloaded the torrent from you guys, and i tried to install in the same place which is the (C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\TheSims 3) for the expansion pack but it states that my island paradise have already been installed in this folder, please choose another! That means where do I have to install it into??
Hello,

First of all: this should NOT happen, which is why I'm a bit surprised, but OK. Try changing the location to C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts.

Either way, you should be able to install it on another location (whatever you prefer); you can even install expansions on an external hard-drive, but personally, I do NOT recommend that. Just stick with your "main" hard-drive.

Good luck - and let us know the outcome !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

how to install a second expansion pack!! help please!! Empty Re: how to install a second expansion pack!! help please!!

Post by Guest Wed 27 Nov 2013, 17:21

Firstly, thanks alot for your fast reply!!! But Previously I have tried to install on quite alot of places and have tried to used the recommended installation but once I open the game it does not have the university expansion but only the island paradise expansion pack only. But I will try your method and get Back to you soon! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 30 Nov 2013, 13:50

Hello,

How do you mean it doesn't have the University Life expansion? If you open the launcher, you can tell which expansions have been installed by looking at the icons on the bottom of the launcher. The ones that are lit up, are installed.
If you were going by the loading screen, it makes sense that you're getting the Island Paradise loading screen, even though you installed University Life after that. You get the latest EP's loading screen, not the one you installed last.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top