Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 loads but then minimizes.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 loads but then minimizes. Empty Sims 3 loads but then minimizes.

Post by Guest Mon 09 Dec 2013, 03:15

Hello all! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I assumed possibly it could be.
I recently in the past three weeks downloaded all The Sims 3 except 'Into The Future' and 'Fast Lane Stuff' and 'Movie Stuff' .
I followed the instructions. I did the Crack file from this site and the ultimate fix as well.
After everything was done downloading and installed, I got to play The Sims 3 for a few days. One night, when I was done playing, I shut my computer down normally and went to bed.
I went back onto my computer sometime in the evening, opened up The Sims 3 and it loaded into full screen mode with a black screen. (I thought maybe it was just loading) and then it exit full screen mode and just went back to whatever was on my screen.
The application was still on my task bar, like I had minimized it but when I clicked it, trying to go back and play, it just did everything else again.
I'm not sure exactly what happened? The game went fine for the few days and after I turned my computer off one day and then back on later the next day, it just doesn't load.
It's been about a week, I just tested it again and its the same issue.

I installed everything correctly. I had no problems for the time being when I played. Loading, playing or exiting while the game worked fine. No in game problems or download problems. 

Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions on what to do possibly? I have a brand new computer. 4-5 months old, so no way in hell it's my PC.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or answers.

//EDIT
I did the update and fix once again. Nothing has changed.
In short terms, my game won't load after I click play in the launcher.
Helper Edit: In the future, I would lilke you to edit your previous post instead of double-posting. It's considered as spamming and not allowed on this forum. Thank you for your cooperation.

-J.T.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 loads but then minimizes. Empty Re: Sims 3 loads but then minimizes.

Post by J.T. Mon 09 Dec 2013, 10:10

First things first, did you install any Sims or Custom Content or mods during the time after installing the base game and the expansion packs/stuff packs?

If so, delete the file downloadedsims.index in the folder My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\SavedSims.

You should also try deleting all caches that you see in the folder My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3:
Create-a-Sim Cache: CasPartCache.package
Build/Buy mode cache: compositorCache.package
Mod or custom content cache: scriptCache.package
New Sims and skin cache: simCompositorCache.package
Socialcache.package
Look for a folder that says Thumbnails. Delete anything inside of it.
Look for a folder that says WorldCaches. Delete anything inside of it.

Other than that, open skuversion.txt in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Copy and paste anything that you see in the file.

Last but not least, can you open the Ultimate Fix? Tell us the date of modification of the folder # Crack from the Ultimate Fix. This will definitely help solve the problem.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top