Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bridgeport almost loads but doesn't

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bridgeport almost loads but doesn't Empty Bridgeport almost loads but doesn't

Post by Guest Wed 11 Dec 2013, 06:58

I've not been able to load Bridgeport since a few months ago. Just before the bar fully fills, the game gives up.

Tested my PC at canyourunit and passed specifications for Into the Future. 
Downloaded and installed Your Uninstaller! 2010 from the site, and used it to super uninstall every EP, SP, the base game, and my Origin client. Deleted all leftover registry values and orphaned files. I restarted my PC after each uninstall. 
Deleted the Electronic Arts folder from My Documents, and uninstalled and reinstalled my latest video card driver from the manufacturer. 
I have forced OFF Vertical Sync in my Video Card 3D settings.
Cleared my PC with CCleaner.

Reinstalled all my selected Sims 3 games, patching the base game manually before installing the rest. Rebooting my PC after each re-install. 
Then patched again, and applied the almighty Ultimate Fix
Started the game and set the settings to minimum, disabled full screen mode, disabled the interactive loading screen, etc. 
Exited the game, reboot, and started the game again. 
I used the launcher, let the intro video play to completion, and selected a Town (Bridgeport). 

Just as before, the game froze at the end of loading Bridgeport. I looked at the error report but couldn't make sense of it.
I am not using any CC but I have before. After researching the forum here I know official store items don't work with this fix, but I used to be able to use mine earlier this year. 
I have installed the /Mod folder framework and added the Store Fixes from this site to them and I will try the game again now, though I don't have any CC enabled or installed and don't think that will be my solution to loading Bridgeport. I will now check whether or not the other two towns will load past the same point.

My wish is to be able to play in the subway for tips, and to be able to use one specific hair that I purchased from the official EA store. Help on either front is appreciated more than you might guess. Embarassed 

Back to top Go down

Bridgeport almost loads but doesn't Empty Re: Bridgeport almost loads but doesn't

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 11 Dec 2013, 08:58

Zorra wrote:I've not been able to load Bridgeport since a few months ago. Just before the bar fully fills, the game gives up.

Tested my PC at canyourunit and passed specifications for Into the Future. 
Downloaded and installed Your Uninstaller! 2010 from the site, and used it to super uninstall every EP, SP, the base game, and my Origin client. Deleted all leftover registry values and orphaned files. I restarted my PC after each uninstall. 
Deleted the Electronic Arts folder from My Documents, and uninstalled and reinstalled my latest video card driver from the manufacturer. 
I have forced OFF Vertical Sync in my Video Card 3D settings.
Cleared my PC with CCleaner.

Reinstalled all my selected Sims 3 games, patching the base game manually before installing the rest. Rebooting my PC after each re-install. 
Then patched again, and applied the almighty Ultimate Fix
Started the game and set the settings to minimum, disabled full screen mode, disabled the interactive loading screen, etc. 
Exited the game, reboot, and started the game again. 
I used the launcher, let the intro video play to completion, and selected a Town (Bridgeport). 

Just as before, the game froze at the end of loading Bridgeport. I looked at the error report but couldn't make sense of it.
I am not using any CC but I have before. After researching the forum here I know official store items don't work with this fix, but I used to be able to use mine earlier this year. 
I have installed the /Mod folder framework and added the Store Fixes from this site to them and I will try the game again now, though I don't have any CC enabled or installed and don't think that will be my solution to loading Bridgeport. I will now check whether or not the other two towns will load past the same point.

My wish is to be able to play in the subway for tips, and to be able to use one specific hair that I purchased from the official EA store. Help on either front is appreciated more than you might guess. Embarassed 

Hello,

First of all, un-installing everything probably was too much, and for the future, you should avoid that. It's rather rare that when you encounter a glitch, that this glitch can be resolved by un-installing and then re-installing. Very rare, if you ask me.

That said, if you have used mods before, try going to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. There, look for the file scriptCache.package and then delete it.

I actually had a similar problem myself, and I figured out (after almost an hour of testing my mods one-by-one) that a core mod - in my case the NRAAS traveller - was causing it. Since you don't seem to have any mods though, this is quite strange.

And please, when people "un-install everything" they usually forget to remove their "user data", so if you haven't tried it too, then go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and remove the whole folder "The Sims 3"; or you can rename it into anything you like, that's enough too. Wink 

Let us know about your progress !

P.S. you can actually use the hair and (almost ?) all other items from the "Late night" expansion, WITHOUT playing in Bridgeport.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Bridgeport almost loads but doesn't Empty Re: Bridgeport almost loads but doesn't

Post by Guest Wed 11 Dec 2013, 09:20

Hellou Smile 

Now that I have uninstalled with the fancy Uninstaller, I am not going to do that miserable installation dance ever again. I feel confident now that my registry is not the problem. I was surprised how many leftover files it found. Im also using the shortcut to TSW3.exe now instead of the launcher.

Yes I have actually been completely deleting the entire Electronic Arts folder from My Documents every time I try to load a town.

I tried to load Bridgeport with the Store fixes and it still crashed at the end of the loading bar. 

I didn't use the store fixes when I tried Twinbrooks or Sunset Valley because I deleted the entire Electronic Arts folder each time before trying those. BUT both towns fully loaded anyway. 

And thank you for the idea, but the hair is from the EA Sims 3 website store, not the Late Night EP itself. Is it true that the official store content is not compatible with the ultimate fix? **Edit** It seems that the name "Store Fixes" means I can use the CC I bought at the store, but I couldve sworn I read a thread here that said that I couldnt. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by Zorra on Wed 11 Dec 2013, 09:38; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 11 Dec 2013, 09:28

Zorra wrote:Hellou Smile 

Now that I have uninstalled with the fancy Uninstaller, I am not going to do that miserable installation dance ever again. I feel confident now that my registry is not the problem. I was surprised how many leftover files it found. Im also using the shortcut to TSW3.exe now instead of the launcher.

Yes I have actually been completely deleting the entire Electronic Arts folder from My Documents every time I try to load a town.

I tried to load Bridgeport with the Store fixes and it still crashed at the end of the loading bar. 

I didn't use the store fixes when I tried Twinbrooks or Sunset Valley because I deleted the entire Electronic Arts folder each time before trying those. BUT both towns fully loaded anyway. 

And thank you for the idea, but the hair is from the EA Sims 3 website store, not the Late Night EP itself. Is it true that the official store content is not compatible with the ultimate fix? Sorry for having two questions in one thread.

Hello,

If you want to use hair (no matter where you got it from) - why should the hair only "work" in certain cities, and not in others ? Smile 

You can use ALL CAS, Buy/build-mode stuff - in ALL towns.

About Bridgeport: I'm not sure, maybe I'll try that myself and/or do some research. Maybe another Helper/Mod knows more about this though.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Dec 2013, 22:56

Hey Carlos

I misspoke by failing to include the fact that the "official store CC" in question was downloaded in my sims launcher via the official EA website. I have not confirmed if legit CC is compatible with the Ultimate Fix or not, so I went ahead and deleted all the things I downloaded from EA, then sleuthed what I wanted out using the technique discussed on this forum (view source code of sets to find file name) and used the lovely racheltoolbox torrent Sims 3 Store Updates November 2013 which has a complete file list that I could easily search for all of the sets I wanted. It was actually really great and easy way to download, with the official store pictures and organization and the torrents file names list. Luckily I got all the EA store credit for free, so no money lost. I have been playing with this new CC successfully in Sunset Valley, as I'd rather be able to play at than keep failing trying to play in Bridgeport. I hope that this posts helps someone who wants to download some CC. I would like to keep this thread open for more help on Bridgeport not working, though.

\\EDIT\\

I am going to attach the file list, I bet you might have a use for it, and you can always credit her for making it.

file list:

Last edited by Zorra on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 23:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding file list)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 13 Dec 2013, 00:28

Zorra wrote:Hey Carlos

I misspoke by failing to include the fact that the "official store CC" in question was downloaded in my sims launcher via the official EA website. I have not confirmed if legit CC is compatible with the Ultimate Fix or not, so I went ahead and deleted all the things I downloaded from EA, then sleuthed what I wanted out using the technique discussed on this forum (view source code of sets to find file name) and used the lovely racheltoolbox torrent Sims 3 Store Updates November 2013 which has a complete file list that I could easily search for all of the sets I wanted. It was actually really great and easy way to download, with the official store pictures and organization and the torrents file names list. Luckily I got all the EA store credit for free, so no money lost. I have been playing with this new CC successfully in Sunset Valley, as I'd rather be able to play at than keep failing trying to play in Bridgeport. I hope that this posts helps someone who wants to download some CC. I would like to keep this thread open for more help on Bridgeport not working, though.

\\EDIT\\

I am going to attach the file list, I bet you might have a use for it, and you can always credit her for making it.

file list:

Hello again,

Are you saying you cannot use these store items in Bridgeport ? If so, that's indeed strange.

And again: most people "overestimate" the Ultimate fix: the main purpose of the fix is that it allows your game to be played without having to insert a physical disc. You should be able to use any CC you want, therefore.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Dec 2013, 02:50

No, Im saying I cannot load Bridgeport whether or not I have CC installed.

and simultaneously I tried to use CC I installed with the Sims 3 launcher via http://store.thesims3.com/ but I just downloaded all of the things I wanted (that specific hair lol) via torrent.

I am saying that at one point I tried to play the sims 3 and could not start the game at all, not even the main menu, and I think it was because I had downloaded from thesims3.com. CC is no longer an issue for me, because Im no longer using CC that I imagine was copy-right protected.

I guess its obvious to everyone else but I didnt know that I couldnt use CC direct from thesims3.com. I was asking you if that was in fact true. I'm smart in some ways but mainly very noob-ish.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 13 Dec 2013, 02:56

Zorra wrote:No, Im saying I cannot load Bridgeport whether or not I have CC installed.

and simultaneously I tried to use CC I installed with the Sims 3 launcher via http://store.thesims3.com/ but I just downloaded all of the things I wanted (that specific hair lol) via torrent.

I am saying that at one point I tried to play the sims 3 and could not start the game at all, not even the main menu, and I think it was because I had downloaded from thesims3.com. CC is no longer an issue for me, because Im no longer using CC that I imagine was copy-right protected.

I guess its obvious to everyone else but I didnt know that I couldnt use CC direct from thesims3.com. I was asking you if that was in fact true. I'm smart in some ways but mainly very noob-ish.

Of course you can use the "official" Sims 3 store items with the Ultimate fix, if that's what you want to hear. Wink  All my Sims 3 games are pirated, and I have all Sims 3 store items too. And I never had any problems whatsoever with the Ultimate fix from here.

Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Dec 2013, 03:35

I didnt have any problem with G4TW Ultimate Fix, but I was mistaken into thinking it could be compatible with purchased EA CC. Now I feel foolish for even considering that. Sorry.

I confirm again, I am successfully playing G4TW Ultimately Fixed Sims 3 with official EA custom content! BUT I downloaded it from someone who "decr*pified" it. (not family appropriate). Thank you so much for providing this forum and this fix. I am very happy to be playing the game at all, and I now am only curious if anyone has any idea about why Bridgeport is not loading. Happy simming everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top