Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having trouble with Installing. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Having trouble with Installing. [SOLVED] Empty Having trouble with Installing. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 17 Dec 2013, 19:56

I'm having issues installing the Sims on my mac. I have followed the instructions thoroughly and ended up with crap results 3 times in a row now. Do not just link me to the ultimate fix or your guide, because there is misinformation and mixed up answers in each different thing! First you have a mac guide,  then a pc guide, an ultimate fix, a manual patch, a store patch, and individual install guides in each individual install. Right now this is the course I have been taking and had failure from:

Download Sims 3 for Mac, linked from Mac guide.
Extract app, copy to applications folder, and run. Do not patch from install. Patch from launcher.
After it's done patching, the other expansions can be installed.
Extract rar'd expansions with Stuffit Expander into individual folders. 
Set up dmg for each expansion via Disk Utility and copy contents of each folder into the corresponding dmg.
Run installer from dmg, use serial code found in instructions.
After each expansion you want is installed, including specific ones so that the ultimate fix will work, follow steps in ultimate fix.
(Note that the mac guide says something at the final step about applying the #crack folder before installing the other expansions, which is not what the ultimate fix says to do. I've tried both methods and failed.)
Crack each specific folder using ultimate fix.
Patch or apply manual patch.
Crack base game using ultimate fix #crack folder.
Game should run now.

Errors I've gotten include:
Unknown Error, game launcher or window does not launch. (Game installs split into multiple folders in application folder, no idea why this happened)
Service Initialization Failed / Do you wish to debug it? (Thread I posted in but had my posts deleted from. Rude!)

So I have all of the dmgs now, and I've been running the uninstaller/deleting all the files properly. I'm kind of hesitant to take a 5th go at this because it's so time consuming and irritating. Why am I still having issues? Can someone please give me a straight forward set up steps to follow instead of redirecting me to multiple guides that do not have accurate information?

Last edited by Dawtie on Wed 18 Dec 2013, 11:34; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Having trouble with Installing. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Having trouble with Installing. [SOLVED]

Post by Phoebe Tue 17 Dec 2013, 22:12

Hello,

I am not aware of your post have deleted or not. Me and another helper friend are responsible from the MAC section and even if we've done something like that, we should have written a "helper" note about it under your post.

But still, if you post your problems in other user's thread, we'll delete it. Because it confuses us and makes us answering late. So please open a new thread for your problem like you did this time.

And I have a few things to say about your... "attitude". I understand your disappointment about The Sims 3, it is devastating not being able to play it and keep installing/uninstalling again and again. We've all had the same experience. But this guides and Ultimate Fix are keys to install the game succesfully. Everyone managed to make their games work IF they apply all the instructions CAREFULLY. It means, the Mac Guide and Ultimate Fix are fine. (I must admit Mac Guide needs some editting and I'll see it soon.) So we should revise your way.

I'll explain you all the important steps here and if you apply them carefully, your game will work. So please read carefully don't hesitate to ask me right away if you don't understand a step. Here we go:

-After extracting your Base Game to your Applications folder, please don't update your game from the launcher but manually from this link: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3597-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v163-fix-manual-patch 

-You can install every Expansion pack you want now, make sure you have one of the EPs newer than Generations. It's needed for Ultimate Fix, as you said. Also make sure about every dmg is working fine and EPs are installed just fine.

-After that, I recommend you to patch your game with the manual patch again, sometimes Macs have problem with this part so it's better to patch your game after installing every EPs. Again, please do it manually.

-After installing&patching is done, you're free to crack your game. The important things is WHERE to put your crack folders. A little reminder, please use the MAC version of the Ultimate Fix . For the Expansions older than Generations (World Adventures, High End, Ambitions, Fast Lane, Late Night, Outdoor Living) you need to crack them individually, like:

Open the "World Adventures" folder in the Ultimate Fix .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications\The Sims 3\ folder and then right-click the The Sims 3: World Adventures icon. Click "Show original". 

Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 World Adventures/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist. 

The process is the same with every EP that I specified earlier.

-After done with cracking them, it's time for the crucial step. For cracking the game newer than Generations(Into The Future, Movie Stuff, University Life, 60&70&80, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry's Sweet Treat, Showtime, Master Suite S., Pets, Town Life, and Generations), you need to: 

Go to the file named "The Sims 3 – Into the Future & Movie Stuff & Island Paradise...." inside the Ultimate Fix and copy both file in it. Now go to: Applications/ The Sims 3 and right click on the Sims 3 icon. Click "Show Original", and then click "Show Package Content" and go to:

Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/, then paste the files in it and choose replace the pop-up.

After that go to #Crack folder in The Ultimate Fix and copy the both files in it then go to: Applications/ The Sims 3 and right click on the Sims 3 icon. Click "Show Original", and then click "Show Package Content" and go to:

Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/, then paste the files in it and choose replace the pop-up.

In this step, it seems like you're doing the same thing twice but you aren't. The key is here, if you don't crack your games with the latest Ex pack crack and the main #crack, your game doesn't work. Also be careful what you put the crack, they need to be in the BASE game's folder, not to expansion packs.

If you carefully apply these steps, I am sure your game will work without any problem. Please let me know the result and good luck!  The Sims Plumbob 1
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Having trouble with Installing. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Having trouble with Installing. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 20 Dec 2013, 20:33

I'm going to give this another go today, I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Fri 20 Dec 2013, 20:40

You're welcome Smile

My fingers are crossed for you!
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Having trouble with Installing. [SOLVED] Empty Thanks!

Post by Guest Sat 21 Dec 2013, 05:25

So far so good! It seems that patching after each install did the trick. I was even able to install a custom world successfully! Woot! It's also running great on my little mac mini. Thank you for your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sat 21 Dec 2013, 09:51

Hello,

Glad to hear it! From now on, just be careful with bad CC, only they can ruin your game. Problem is solved so I am closing the topic. If you have another problem, please feel free to open a new thread.

Happy simming! The Sims Plumbob 1 

Topic is closed.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top