Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 v 1.66 (New patch)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 v 1.66 (New patch) Empty The Sims 3 v 1.66 (New patch)

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jan 2014, 19:41

Hi guys, is there a working crack for this update?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 v 1.66 (New patch) Empty Re: The Sims 3 v 1.66 (New patch)

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jan 2014, 20:40

no there is only upto v1.63 it will be here soon as soon as the crack is finished any moderator please close this topic

here is a temparary fix https://mega.co.nz/#!818kAIDD!JNy8vQR3BEDpOV4esHcU7Cuhl6kYOo46s4tlsoVLDYc

and i have seen u posting in the topic do not patch to v1.66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jan 2014, 21:49

the temporary fix isnt working for me, i can run the game but cannot start a new game. the drop down menus are blank including the menu for saving and quiting so if you do update by accident like i did you probably wont be able to play until they release the full fix! Or you will be able to if your computer doesnt hate you like mine does today   Wat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jan 2014, 22:43

Leasha9227 wrote:the temporary fix isnt working for me, i can run the game but cannot start a new game. the drop down menus are blank including the menu for saving and quiting so if you do update by accident like i did you probably wont be able to play until they release the full fix! Or you will be able to if your computer doesnt hate you like mine does today   Wat.

I guess Ill have to wait until they release the full fix. These guys are awesome, give them some time Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 14 Jan 2014, 23:02

Leasha9227 wrote:the temporary fix isnt working for me, i can run the game but cannot start a new game. the drop down menus are blank including the menu for saving and quiting so if you do update by accident like i did you probably wont be able to play until they release the full fix! Or you will be able to if your computer doesnt hate you like mine does today   Wat.

Hello,

The fact that you were able to start the game shows that the "temporary fix" is working actually. The ONLY purporse of this fix is that it allows you to start the game without having an "Ultimate fix" and without having a physical disc. Wink

As for your "error", it is most likely caused by outdated (NRAAS) mods. BEFORE patching the game, you should ALWAYS remove the folder "The Sims 3", in My documents/Electronic Arts - or at least rename that folder.

Then of course, you also have to re-download and re-install updated versions of all your mods. After you've done that, you can put the folder "The Sims 3" back to where it was, or rename it back to its original name. Then, re-start the game.

Like I mentioned in this topic, it will take a while until there are compatible NRAAS mods for the new patch level; and even that is uncertain.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jan 2014, 01:17

:newfag: 

I can confirm that I have the same problem. Nice to hear I'm not alone.
I guess we'll just have to wait for a new ultimate fix, since the temporary fix didn't work. But we will be fine in the end. These guys are doing an awesome job!  I love you 

Is there any way I can support you financial with your work? I really appreciate that you do this. Your guides and fixes have really helped me A LOT and I'm realy grateful. Usually I buy games and I've bought some of the Sims games, including ALL expansions of the Sims 1 and 2, but I just don't feel that it's worth that much money for some crappy expansions...

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 v 1.66 (New patch) Empty Solutions?

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jan 2014, 03:09

I've spent the last three hours trying to rectify my mistake of letting the patch download and install. I literally just put new RAM in my PC beforehand so the Sims would run better. Sigh. There are two different things I'd like to try, after all the troubleshooting I've already done in attempting to delete this patch, or fix it with the temp fix.
I have the same problem others have posted, when the game loads the menu screens are all blank. 

So, two ideas:
One: download an ISO version of Into the Future and see if mounting the image will allow me to play the game.
Two: Buying a legit copy of Into the Future. (Though I really hate giving EA my money. If Maxis was still Maxis, I'd give them all my monies. I miss Will Wright.)
I'd like someone to weigh in on whether or not that would work, though. If you install the newest expansion (on disc) over cracked expansions, does it work?

Three: Uninstalling and reinstalling EVERYTHING. Ugh. I'm saving this for the very, very last. I'd also have to force the game to not update so that I could install the older patch that goes along with the ultimate fix.

*Downloading Fairlight's cracked ISO version of Into the Future right now. I'll let you guys know if it works.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jan 2014, 04:25

Unfortunately I downloaded the new update before I realize that there wasn't a fix available.

I was having the same problem, the menu screens were all blank.  I saw another thread here that said to download the update manually and apply it again.  Then follow the instructions for the temporary fix.

Everything is working fine now.  I was able to play the game for several hours.

Also, you might want to remove the folder were the game is saved.  I moved mine to the desktop, started the game and then added back the saved game folder.

I hope this helps someone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jan 2014, 09:14

good to hear ur game is working shawnee66 happy simming  The Sims 3 plumbob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jan 2014, 11:25

shawnee66 wrote:Unfortunately I downloaded the new update before I realize that there wasn't a fix available.

I was having the same problem, the menu screens were all blank.  I saw another thread here that said to download the update manually and apply it again.  Then follow the instructions for the temporary fix.

Also, you might want to remove the folder were the game is saved.  I moved mine to the desktop, started the game and then added back the saved game folder.

can also confirm that this method worked for me!
I downloaded the new update via the launcher this morning, launcher then prompted me for CD. Thought I was being clever when I went straight to the latest EPs .exe file and started the game from there instead haha, but then just had the same problem with blank menus

download the ultimate fix & follow the instructions as though you're installing everything for the first time. Use the recommended step i.e. the manual patch in step 11, (when a pop-up appears telling you that the version is already installed, but would you like to install it anyway? Select yes) then follow step 12 in the fix and launch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jan 2014, 12:35

bambs wrote:
shawnee66 wrote:Unfortunately I downloaded the new update before I realize that there wasn't a fix available.

can also confirm that this method worked for me!
I downloaded the new update via the launcher this morning, launcher then prompted me for CD. Thought I was being clever when I went straight to the latest EPs .exe file and started the game from there instead haha, but then just had the same problem with blank menus

download the ultimate fix & follow the instructions as though you're installing everything for the first time. Use the recommended step i.e. the manual patch in step 11, (when a pop-up appears telling you that the version is already installed, but would you like to install it anyway? Select yes) then follow step 12 in the fix and launch

This doesn't work for me at all or I'm just stupid. Sad I accidentally patched my game to 1.66 yesterday. I can launch the game, but the menu is blank just like yours were. 

Would you mind explaining the method in detail and in steps? And link to the manual patch and ultimate fix so that I really get the right ones? I installed the 1.66 patch manually and the temporarily ultimate fix afterwards, but the menu is still blank. I have tried other methods as well, like running the "Regedit" to change the language to English but it doesn't help either.  

And what do you mean with remove the folder were the game is saved? Is it the The Sims 3 in My Documents, the entire map?

Please help Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jan 2014, 14:11

make sure your game's closed, including from the system tray

1. Download the 'ultimate fix' here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
extract the .rar file, then open & read the # Installation Guide.pdf - follow those instructions. <- I can't really explain this any better than the steps in the .pdf file. Follow the instructions up until step 10, and ignore step 11

2. download the manual patch here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v163-fix-manual-patch
once it's downloaded, double click on TS3_1.63.5.0240xx_update.exe
it will then say something like, "this update is already installed" or "your game is already updated to a newer version", whatever, and it will ask you "would you like to install it anyway?"
select yes

3. when the game finishes manually patching, follow step 12 from the # Installation Guide.pdf

4. when you start your game as you normally would, be sure to deny updating this time! And every other time you play until there's a fix for the new update/s

I didn't need to remove any saved games/folders/etc. Can't promise it will work for you but it did for me! I have all SPs and EPs up until Into The Future and some CC installed

Last edited by bambs on Wed 15 Jan 2014, 14:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oops, thought I'd better add step 4 just in case!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jan 2014, 14:21

bambs wrote:make sure your game's closed, including from the system tray

1. Download the 'ultimate fix' here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
extract the .rar file, then open & read the # Installation Guide.pdf - follow those instructions. <- I can't really explain this any better than the steps in the .pdf file. Follow the instructions up until step 10, and ignore step 11

2. download the manual patch here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v163-fix-manual-patch
it will then say something like, "this update is already installed" or "your game is already updated to a newer version", whatever, and it will ask you "would you like to install it anyway?"
select yes

3. when the game finishes manually patching, follow step 12 from the # Installation Guide.pdf

4. when you start your game as you normally would, be sure to deny updating this time! And every other time you play until there's a fix for the new update/s

I didn't need to remove any saved games/folders/etc. Can't promise it will work for you but it did for me! I have all SPs and EPs up until Into The Future and some CC installed

Thank you! I got so angry so I decided to reinstall everything. I've now updated the base game manually with the 1.63 patch and I will NOT make the same mistake again with the 1.66, but if something goes wrong anyway it's good to have this information, so thanks again. Smile Hopefully I can play again soon! Just have to be patient when you install all the SPs and EPs all over again... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jan 2014, 16:11

bambs wrote:make sure your game's closed, including from the system tray

select yes

You need the current manual patch (version 1.66) for the temporary fix to work.  If you already patch the game with the current patch these instructions will not work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jan 2014, 16:48

My game works now! Reinstalled everything as I said and used the 1.63 patch. it's a (time consuming) solution if nothing else works. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jan 2014, 03:50

While trying to re-update my game, apparently the patch didn't apply correctly and instead deleted my base game. Yay. Now I'm uninstalling all my expansions so that I can re-install everything all over again. I know from experience that I'm going to be sitting here for another eight hours. Ugh. At least everything will work again, and I won't install that stupid new patch this time.

It hurts every time I have to click "uninstall." 
I'm crying on the inside.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jan 2014, 06:35

hello all the people of g4tw are trying their best creating the ultimate fix for the v1.66 they r working hard for us so if u also apply the 1.66 manual patch please wait for them to finish it

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 16 Jan 2014, 10:30

If you guys accidentally update your game to 1.66, please uninstall ONLY the base game and restart your computer. After that, reinstall the base game and apply 1.63 manual patch and apply 1.63 Ultimate Fix again.

If you refuse to do so, then stay patient and wait for a release of the Ultimate Fix.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jan 2014, 12:27

So it worked for you? Congratulations!
Did you crack all of the games when applying the temporary fix or just the latest game?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 16 Jan 2014, 12:33

vinniee wrote:

So it worked for you? Congratulations!
Did you crack all of the games when applying the temporary fix or just the latest game?

The temporary fix may or may not work for you. But feel free to apply it (to apply it, simply copy and paste the content of the folder #Crack in the temporary fix to C:\Users\(your computer username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3).

You don't "crack all of the expansions". The expansions are served as add-ons to the base game, adding features and items to the base game, and this means all you need is cracking the base game.

If the temporary fix doesn't work unfortunately, uninstall the base game ONLY and restart your computer. Re-install the base game and REMOVE the temporary fix. After that, repeat steps 2-4 of this guide: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 13:33

We'll, the patch really hit me, my store worlds aren't even plausible and my game says there installed, I don't want to use mods. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top