Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SOLVED] having trouble with the sims university expansion pack :\

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[SOLVED] having trouble with the sims university expansion pack :\  Empty [SOLVED] having trouble with the sims university expansion pack :

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 05:23

Hi, I am having trouble with the Sims University expansion pack :\ . Firstly I have the original purchased Sims base game and I am trying to install Sims University. I downloaded the expansion pack off thepiratebay from games4theworld and installed the game using utorrent then extracted it with winrar. I then followed the installation guide which told me to copy the crack from Sims University and paste it in the bin folder from the base game. I went into games which led me to a bin but it also had another bin folder (if that made sense). Anyway i just pasted the crack in the first bin folder and it came up with a window asking if i wanted to replace the following, which i did. In the end i loaded the game and it asked if i wanted to run the crack i had pasted and then crashed, etc. At the moment i am currently downloading the manual patch and the ultimate fix, and the instructions say to copy and paste the exe. from the crack folder from the ultimate fix into the base game bin but there is only a folder named mod.

Point is, I am confused and I have absolutely no idea what I am doing. If anyone could help that would be wonderful D: .
Also sorry for the long paragraph, just thought the detail could maybe help C:

Last edited by mochizouu on Sat 18 Jan 2014, 06:39; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

[SOLVED] having trouble with the sims university expansion pack :\  Empty Re: [SOLVED] having trouble with the sims university expansion pack :\

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 05:33

Paste the 2 files from the #crack folder from the Ultimate Fix into your game directory.
If you're using Origin then paste the 2 files to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin - If you're not using Origin then it'll be C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Back to top Go down

[SOLVED] having trouble with the sims university expansion pack :\  Empty Re: [SOLVED] having trouble with the sims university expansion pack :\

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 05:56

do i paste the manual patch in the bin too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 06:04

I don't believe so... try without pasting the patch. Isn't the manual patch an .exe? You just need to open it up and it patches your game Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 06:11

alright, i hope this works, thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 06:11

Let us know if it does or not

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 06:12

oh btw when u said to paste the files from the crack folder, is that the mod? and inside the mod is packages and resources?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 06:14

What's the file called inside the crack folder?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 06:16

okay now it says no game disc found for sims university v.v

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 06:17

the file in the crack folder is called 'mod' and inside 'mod' is 'packages' and another saying 'resources'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 06:21

Ahh I see what you're doing now.. When you open the launcher, don't download the latest update, you need the 1.63 Patch to play (until the games4theworld team has made a fix for the new patch 1.66) You then need to download the Ultimate Fix, not the temp version.

Manual Patch for 1.63: Here
Ultimate Fix: Here (Don't worry about the fact it says "Not Working")

P.S Try not to double post Smile - Just Edit a post next time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 06:26

oh wait so does that mean i need to update my game through here now?
also i have already downloaded both of those and sorry for the double post aha ><
oh it still doesnt work, it says no disc found

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 06:29

If it's working then I would just leave it as it is ahaha! Basically, because EA have just released a new patch, the crack needs updating so that it can work with the new patch, just keep checking on here to see when it'll be fixed. When it is, feel free to update your game through the launcher. But like I said, i'd definitely leave it at the moment if it's working.

I'm glad I could help you, a moderator will be able to mark the thread as Solved Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 06:32

i opened it through ts3w and it managed to load but came up as no disc inserted again Sad

oh with the ultimate fix i downloaded the very last one which wasnt reccomended because the ones above said no working, should i go and download the top one? and what should i do with the files i pasted?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 06:35

Are you using Origin? If not then just use that crack folder that you mentioned. The one with the mod and package folders inside (It's the one that has the NRaas mod inside right?) Just place the Mod folder with all it's contents inside your Sims 3 folder. That should fix it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 06:39

I have an origin account but I havern't installed or registered my Sims to it. Also, the folder does have NRaas but yea still not working :3
ive downloaded the ultimate fix, the one that was said to be not working, should i be using those crack files instead of mod?

Last edited by mochizouu on Fri 17 Jan 2014, 06:42; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 06:41

So you've used the 2 files from the Ultimate Fix link I gave you? And also the temp fix one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 06:46

I've downloaded the first link called 'akamai' from the link you've given me for the manual patch. As for the ultimate fix, in the beginning i downloaded the last one which wasn't recommended since the first two had not working. I've already download the first one which u mentioned for the ultimate fix, should i replace the crack files and delete the old one (the mod)? C:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 06:51

The one i'm on about should have 2 files inside #crack, TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll. Paste these 2 inside the Sims 3 Folder (not the mods folder) It'll ask you if you want to replace the files, click yes. The second one shouldn't be needed tbh. They say "Not Working" in reference to the 1.66 Patch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 07:01

just replaced the files, no wonder, its because i used the wrong ultimate fix v.v , anyway one more thing, if i were to download more expansion packs, i wouldn't need to download the manual patch and ultimate fix again right? i would just need to update the ultimate patch every now and then? also if i download more expansion packs do i need to paste the cracks from their file to the base game bin? because i think the instructions online said you don't need to? so im not sure :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 07:05

If you download more EP's, just install them and then that's it. If for some reason it says you need to insert the disc, just copy and paste them 2 files to the base game again. You won't need to download the manual patch or the ultimate fix again Smile

Just keep your eye on this site for when the Ultimate Fix is ready for 1.66, when it is, update your game through the launcher and then just use the new fix.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top