Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Won't go past launch, tells me to insert University Life Disk (Already done manual patch and Ultimate Fix)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Won't go past launch, tells me to insert University Life Disk (Already done manual patch and Ultimate Fix) Empty Sims 3 Won't go past launch, tells me to insert University Life Disk (Already done manual patch and Ultimate Fix)

Post by Guest Thu 06 Feb 2014, 05:36

Okay, so i'm about to rip my hair out.. 

I downloaded the sims 3 and all expansions, put in the manual patch and went through every step of the ultimate fix EXACTLY.. (nothing in generations, town life stuff, etc.)

But now, as my subject says, it won't allow me to continue without inserting a disk.

I am on windows 8 pc.  

Please help me!!!! 

Has anyone gone through and corrected this? all of the other posts I have seen are different or the files were in the wrong spot. I have triple checked. 

I'll post screen shots as well if someone can tell me how.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Won't go past launch, tells me to insert University Life Disk (Already done manual patch and Ultimate Fix) Empty Re: Sims 3 Won't go past launch, tells me to insert University Life Disk (Already done manual patch and Ultimate Fix)

Post by Guest Thu 06 Feb 2014, 06:05

Hi there, where did you copy the files of crack folder to?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Won't go past launch, tells me to insert University Life Disk (Already done manual patch and Ultimate Fix) Empty Re: Sims 3 Won't go past launch, tells me to insert University Life Disk (Already done manual patch and Ultimate Fix)

Post by Guest Thu 06 Feb 2014, 06:51

I copied the crack files to the sims base/game/bin

//EDIT

And i hit the replace similar file button

//EDIT

and btw all downloads were torrents. i've purchased all sims 2, but i couldn't afford sims 3..

Anyway, idk if the cracks aren't updated (ones from fix or ultimate fix are the ones being used)? i used all the cracks as of today, and the ones that were included in the torrent didn't work either.. 

I feel like i am so close, but so far away. and just to clarify the game does not go past the launch screen. I'd really appreciate some help asap. i'm hoping to get this fixed tonight if possible!!  
thanks in advance

Moderator edit: next time, could you please use the "edit"-button on your post if you want to add anything to your original message ? Posting several times in a row is considered spamming here, and I'll also have to merge the posts. Thanks. Wink 

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 07 Feb 2014, 10:39

Hello,

Make sure you haven't overlooked the #crack folder in the fix.
Though I think something else may be going on here. Are you receiving a "no disk" error?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top