Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem With The Newest (temporary) Store Fixes. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem With The Newest (temporary) Store Fixes. [CLOSED] Empty Problem With The Newest (temporary) Store Fixes. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Thu 06 Feb 2014, 19:03

Seems that I have a problem with the newest store fixes downloaded from games4theworlddownload(nice site, rooting for ya btw  Laughing ).

I downloaded the fixes, removing the old ones, installing, and removing the caches( sim compositor, script cache, caspart cache) then starting the game. Works smoothly until when I try to save, and got the forever saving bug. It's just not saving! Even after I wait for one hour. 

It's just weird(?) I remove all mods except for awesomemod and trying again but still got the bug. When I replaced the store fixes with the older version (the one that not yet fixes roaring heights), I am able to save with no problem. What happened? Is there something wrong with Store Fixes?

Also when I use the newest store fixes, in buy debug > misc I found several white blocks without description. When placed it's shaped like blue/grey shiny ball similar to fog emitter. The white blocks is not appearing in my older store fixes.

So, can you guys help me with the problem? Thanks before! 

:newfag:

Back to top Go down

Problem With The Newest (temporary) Store Fixes. [CLOSED] Empty Re: Problem With The Newest (temporary) Store Fixes. [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 06 Feb 2014, 22:57

James_Lionheart wrote:Seems that I have a problem with the newest store fixes downloaded from games4theworlddownload(nice site, rooting for ya btw  Laughing ).

I downloaded the fixes, removing the old ones, installing, and removing the caches( sim compositor, script cache, caspart cache) then starting the game. Works smoothly until when I try to save, and got the forever saving bug. It's just not saving! Even after I wait for one hour. 

It's just weird(?) I remove all mods except for awesomemod and trying again but still got the bug. When I replaced the store fixes with the older version (the one that not yet fixes roaring heights), I am able to save with no problem. What happened? Is there something wrong with Store Fixes?

Also when I use the newest store fixes, in buy debug > misc I found several white blocks without description. When placed it's shaped like blue/grey shiny ball similar to fog emitter. The white blocks is not appearing in my older store fixes.

So, can you guys help me with the problem? Thanks before! 

:newfag:

Hello,

No, there is nothing wrong with the store fixes. I tested them, and currently I'm still using them, with no issues at all. Please, again, make sure that you remove or overwrite ALL of the old store fix files. before re-applying the new fixes. Then delete the caches again.

The Sims 3 has a very strange way of "working"; and your "endless saving bug" can be due to other stuff too.

Now..go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves. Look for a folder called...

(Name of your savegame).sims3 and MOVE that folder out somewhere.

Then look for the folder (Name of your savegame).sims3.backup. You remove the ".backup" ending so that this folder looks like the one you just moved out.

Re-start the game; you might have lost some in-game progress, but see if your game saves again. Also, you might even try the option "Save as...", and then choose a new name for the save.

Also,
try this "save files cleaner" here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t9396-ts3-save-files-cleaner

But please backup your savefiles before applying this. Problem With The Newest (temporary) Store Fixes. [CLOSED] Icon_smile

That's it for now - keep us updated !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Problem With The Newest (temporary) Store Fixes. [CLOSED] Empty Re: Problem With The Newest (temporary) Store Fixes. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Fri 07 Feb 2014, 21:18

Will try! Thanks before!

//EDIT

Tried again with the vanilla profile with only awesomemod and store fixes but still same  Problem With The Newest (temporary) Store Fixes. [CLOSED] Icon_sad Still got the bug still got the white block thing in buydebug(although I don't place any cc at all), and I force close it (after waiting for another hour).

Thoughts?

Or is this maybe because my game version still 1.63?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 08 Feb 2014, 22:18

James_Lionheart wrote:Will try! Thanks before!

//EDIT

Tried again with the vanilla profile with only awesomemod and store fixes but still same  Problem With The Newest (temporary) Store Fixes. [CLOSED] Icon_sad Still got the bug still got the white block thing in buydebug(although I don't place any cc at all), and I force close it (after waiting for another hour).

Thoughts?

Or is this maybe because my game version still 1.63?

Please use the "edit"-button if you want to add anything to your original message.

And I tested the current (temporary) store fixes with the 1.63 game version, so this is not a problem. I've seen some 'glitches' (white boxes) when trying to place tress and fruits from buydebug, but I haven't had enough time to play more. Beyond that, there are no issues.

I'm afraid you'll have to 'live' with that - until new store fixes are released.

//EDIT

About the "endless saving" - I'm not sure. Can you completely close down your anti-virus before playing The Sims 3 ? Also, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the contents in the folder Currentgame.sims3.

Then re-start the game.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Feb 2014, 18:16

Sorry! This was my first thread in here! Laughing 
And yes, I suppose I have to wait until the store fixes updated and hopefully it'll work with my game again Smile

Thanks for the reply! You can close the thread Very Happy
 Hammertime

Moderator edit: as you wish - topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top