Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Right click doesn't work... [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Right click doesn't work... [SOLVED] Empty Right click doesn't work... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 02 Mar 2014, 13:05

Hello everyone, Very Happy
And beforehand I'll say that I'm pretty sure I'm not in the right section so please forgive this time cause I honestly didn't know where to put it! Embarassed
Back to the topic now, here's what's happening which is extremely annoying, so for example I right-click on any folder, Rar. files, and etc....it never loads I mean when I right click nothing comes except that little blue thingy keeps spinning forever... I hope someone understands what I'm saying.... Wat. 
BUT when I right click on desktop or my games(Fishdom, Sims and etc...) it works fine! If it's ANYTHING other than the desktop and the games it's not gonna work....
I hope someone can help me cause this is very frustrating.... Wat.
I can't copy,open with... and many things without right-click.
Thanks in advance Surprised

P.S.: My laptop is fairly good and new...so I don't think that's the problem.....

Back to top Go down

Right click doesn't work... [SOLVED] Empty Re: Right click doesn't work... [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sun 02 Mar 2014, 20:50

Hello there,

Does that also happen with folders that are located on your Desktop?

By the way, you can always copy, delete and cut (and everything else) with keyboard shortcuts. That's what I always do.
Here are a few:

[CTRL] + [C] = Copy
[CTRL] + [X] = Cut (Copy and remove from original location)
[CTRL] + [V] = Paste
[CTRL] + [A] = Select all
[CTRL] + [Z] = Undo
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Right click doesn't work... [SOLVED] Empty Re: Right click doesn't work... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 02 Mar 2014, 23:09

Admin wrote:Hello there,

Does that also happen with folders that are located on your Desktop?

By the way, you can always copy, delete and cut (and everything else) with keyboard shortcuts. That's what I always do.
Here are a few:

[CTRL] + [C] = Copy
[CTRL] + [X] = Cut (Copy and remove from original location)
[CTRL] + [V] = Paste
[CTRL] + [A] = Select all
[CTRL] + [Z] = Undo
Hello, Smile
It happens everywhere and for example it's harder to extract/mount stuff. But I'm not really used to using keyboard shortcut for these stuff!Embarassed  
Still thanks though! Wink
But do you have any idea WHY this is happening?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 03 Mar 2014, 07:44

ellajohnson wrote:Hello, Smile
It happens everywhere and for example it's harder to extract/mount stuff. But I'm not really used to using keyboard shortcut for these stuff! Embarassed  
Still thanks though! Wink
But do you have any idea WHY this is happening?

Hello,

Try the solution(s) I posted in this post: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t15492-computer-takes-like-3-minutes-to-start-up#109690

Also, try the suggestion in my follow-up post of that topic: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t15492-computer-takes-like-3-minutes-to-start-up#109741

What was the last thing you did before this happened ? Did you install or un-install anything on your computer ? I only had something "similar" in the past, with PowerISO. Whenever I right-clicked on an .ISO file, the same happened to me. But with folders ?

I don't hope that something is wrong with your "system files" (in this case that could be the explorer.exe process), then this would mean trouble, possibly.

Keep us posted ! Smile 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Mar 2014, 00:52

Hello, Smile
Now that I'm thinking, I'm remembering that I think it happened right after I uninstalled my TS3 games for the first time. (all eps/sps) which was like a month ago I think. I tried the "disk cleanup" but it wasn't the solution to my problem, I still appreciate the effort though Wink.
You can't imagine how frustrating this thing is at times.
Any other ideas from anyone?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Mar 2014, 19:36

ellajohnson wrote:Hello, Smile
Now that I'm thinking, I'm remembering that I think it happened right after I uninstalled my TS3 games for the first time. (all eps/sps) which was like a month ago I think. I tried the "disk cleanup" but it wasn't the solution to my problem, I still appreciate the effort though Wink.
You can't imagine how frustrating this thing is at times.
Any other ideas from anyone?

Have you ever checked your computer for any virusses or malware ? Run a check with your anti-virus software first. Then, download "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" from Piratebay, and install it. After installing, update the program if necessary and run a check with it too.

Other than that I'm honestly unsure now. Do you still have a physical DVD of your Windows copy ? If so, then you might BACK UP all your important stuff somewhere (in a safe place) FIRST.

Then insert the DVD. You should - after a while - get an option for a "fresh install" or a "system repair" (="repair Windows"). Choose this system repair option and follow the instructions on-screen.

Good luck ! (maybe someone else knows of a less "radical" solution though).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Mar 2014, 02:56

Hi, Smile
I honestly think that backing up and stuff like that are too troublesome for me so I probably won't do that and I'll probably take it to the store I bought it from and see what they say, one of the reasons I'm not gonna format my laptop is because I have had bad experience with laptops and if I destroy this one I don't have money myself to buy a new one! Embarassed
I'll probably talk to some of my expert friends and see what they say too....
But still thanks guys
I really appreciate the effort Wink
I'll see what I can do Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Wed 05 Mar 2014, 07:12

Do you use an external mouse, or the pad on the laptop? It might be willing to try with whichever you don't normally use, even though it's kind of a long shot. Hope you get this fixed up soon though. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Mar 2014, 13:34

invalidusername wrote:Do you use an external mouse, or the pad on the laptop? It might be willing to try with whichever you don't normally use, even though it's kind of a long shot. Hope you get this fixed up soon though. Smile

Hello and thank you for your suggestion, Smile
As I mentioned before it DOES work for certain applications like any games for example but it doesn't work on ANY folder, WinRAR, and etc... but I still tried what you mentioned and there are no difference but still thank you very much! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 05 Mar 2014, 18:50

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Mar 2014, 19:20

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MYYYYYYYYY GGOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!! Very Happy
It worked!!!!!the first method workedddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
you can't possibly believe how enjoyable it is to be able to use the right-click!!!!!!! Razz 
THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH! Very Happy
REALLY appreciate it! Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 05 Mar 2014, 19:31

Hi there,

Glad to hear that solved your issue!
A few seconds of Google did the trick, actually. Razz

Anyway, enjoy using your right-click menu again and please let us know if you need help again! Hammertime
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top