Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BLACK SCREEN on startup

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BLACK SCREEN on startup Empty BLACK SCREEN on startup

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jun 2014, 07:11

I've had my base game installed for about 2 years now, I didn't download it, I purchased it, and had all CC cleared a while back because I didn't like the way it lagged, but whatever, that's not the issue. 

I downloaded all expansion packs and installed them as per the instructions, made sure I did the crack stuff as I was told as per the instructions, and my game is fully updated with the newest patch, which I installed manually. I've had a heap of issues with installing, but I finally got past them all, 2 days later, and have all the expansions installed. I get the launcher up, and the screen is just black with the mouse. 

Pretty please help, none of the other solved topics on this have helped, and I don't want to spend more time uninstalling and reinstalling when I've done everything correctly. 

I've got a Mac OS X v 10.6.8 Macbook laptop with a 2.4 GHz Intel core 2 duo processor, 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Memory.

It seems to be a game issue, not a computer issue. Ugh. Thanks to anyone who can help out!
 Help

Back to top Go down

BLACK SCREEN on startup Empty Re: BLACK SCREEN on startup

Post by Phoebe Wed 25 Jun 2014, 13:44

Hello,

Are you sure you applied succesfully all the instructions in Ultimate Fix? After installing every EPs and done with installing, I always patch my game again as it needs it. 

Just patch your game manually and use Ultimate Fix again, crack the EP you have, and be careful to put the base game crack and the latest EP's crack (Into Future, Seasons etc) to your Applications\The Sims 3\ folder and then right-click the The Sims 3 icon. Click "Show original". Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ replace the files. Both base game and latest EP's crack goes to same folder.
I am pretty sure if you do it right your game will work. Just let me know the result.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jun 2014, 15:26

"Show original" isn't an option on my drop down menu, so I just automatically go to "Show package contents", and I've done what you said to do multiple times, I swear I'm doing it right.

BLACK SCREEN on startup Screen10

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sat 28 Jun 2014, 01:42

Hello,

Yeah, it's Show Package Content. And you are totally sure you are cracking it true?

And still having the same kind of problem?
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jun 2014, 20:29

You might just need to delete the cache files in Documents > Electronic Arts
They will be re-create anyway by the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top