Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Once-in-a-lifetime game achievement !

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Once-in-a-lifetime game achievement ! Empty Once-in-a-lifetime game achievement !

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 28 Jun 2014, 04:46

Do you also have instances in video games which you think are so difficult that you feel you can only achieve them "once-in-a-lifetime" ? Here's one that I passed, and which I found impossible to "repeat":

Unless you really played that GTA: San Andreas (and tried that driving school) you probably can't get an idea of how insanely difficult these tests are. But hey - I managed to achieve gold in all tests. Very Happy  And this is an in-game achievement "for eternity" (well, almost Razz ). 

Do any of you also have such game achievements ?

P.S. that video is not from me, and only serves as an illustration.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Once-in-a-lifetime game achievement ! Empty Re: Once-in-a-lifetime game achievement !

Post by Admin Sat 05 Jul 2014, 20:35

Hi there,

Wow, I didn't even know that there was a driving school in San Andreas! Boy, if I knew that back then...
I remember the races though, always hated them.

Other than that... I'm not really an achievement guy. Some people really seem obsessed by achievements, I just want to enjoy the game.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Once-in-a-lifetime game achievement ! Empty Re: Once-in-a-lifetime game achievement !

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 05 Jul 2014, 22:23

Admin wrote:Hi there,

Wow, I didn't even know that there was a driving school in San Andreas! Boy, if I knew that back then...
I remember the races though, always hated them.

Other than that... I'm not really an achievement guy. Some people really seem obsessed by achievements, I just want to enjoy the game.

True - I think that you can only achieve things like that if you have tendencies to insanity. Razz  And of course a bit of luck too. 

In the case of the driving school in San Andreas, you need to pass each test with at least BRONZE for the main storyline to progress - and bronze alone is difficult enough. So I thought that while I'm at it, I could focus on getting the golds too. Very Happy  If there is not THAT much difficulty between getting bronzes on the one hand and getting golds on the other, then I might just keep on trying.

A nice practical reward of getting all golds is that you get 3 rare sports cars, and they spawn constantly on the driving school parking lot ! Very Happy  Even if you damage your car for good - just go back to the parking lot and get another one ! 

Here's another (a bit easier) achievement, namely the "pilot school" in GTA: San Andreas.

This timed I worked actively at getting all golds, because I wanted to have the army helicopter spawning outside the airstrip in the desert, which is armored (= can take lots of damage) and heavily armed too. bounce  

The situation is similar as in the driving school: completing the pilot school is obligatory, if you want the storyline to progress; and getting just bronze medals is hard enough, so you might want to try to get the golds straight away. The reward for getting all golds are three aircraft constantly spawning at the airstrip, one of them being this army helicopter.

If there weren't the rewards (sports cars/aircarft), I would never have bothered to do more than bronze though.  Razz 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top