Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serious Error Has occurred when loading [Save Game Title Here]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Serious Error Has occurred when loading  [Save Game Title Here] Empty Serious Error Has occurred when loading [Save Game Title Here]

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jul 2014, 17:20

I recently reinstalled Sims along with all of my expansion packs and it loads just fine up until I want to load the savegame I have from the past. Can you help me figure out what's wrong?

Back to top Go down

Serious Error Has occurred when loading  [Save Game Title Here] Empty Re: Serious Error Has occurred when loading [Save Game Title Here]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 06 Jul 2014, 18:06

Puke wrote:I recently reinstalled Sims along with all of my expansion packs and it loads just fine up until I want to load the savegame I have from the past. Can you help me figure out what's wrong?

Hello and sorry for the late reply,

I'm not sure actually what exactly causes this problem, but look into your Currentgame.sims3 folder, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Are there any contents ? If yes, delete them ALL. Then try re-starting the old savegame. If that doesn't work, I'm afraid the only option left is to start over with a fresh save...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Serious Error Has occurred when loading  [Save Game Title Here] Empty Re: Serious Error Has occurred when loading [Save Game Title Here]

Post by Guest Mon 07 Jul 2014, 19:16

After looking through and seeing that the folder was empty, I did some googling around and found that the world I was using (Riverview) was not installed. I tried to install it and it would not install because Sims says I do not have the latest software. So, I did the manual patch and the ultimate fix and I still get the same error when trying to install.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 07 Jul 2014, 22:29

Puke wrote:After looking through and seeing that the folder was empty, I did some googling around and found that the world I was using (Riverview) was not installed. I tried to install it and it would not install because Sims says I do not have the latest software. So, I did the manual patch and the ultimate fix and I still get the same error when trying to install.

I'm not sure if this Riverview-thing could be related to your savegame error, but can you try downloading Riverview from "Games4TheWorld", here ? (scroll a bit down on the site)

http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/neighbourhoods.html

The worlds (and ALL other items) you get from that site should install with no problems. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Aug 2014, 05:48

I am having the exact same issue. I have tried changing my compatibility as suggested, I have tried to rename the game, another suggestion. I have looked into my antivirus, which seems to be the issue for most people. Nothing. Is there any solution to this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 19 Aug 2014, 16:12

If you're trying to restore a saved game, I'd suggest reading this: [url= http://enkeli63.wordpress.com/sims-3-lost-or-corrupted-saved-games/]click.[/url]

Chances are your game save file is corrupt.  Before doing anything suggested on this site however, I'd see if you can install Riverview successfully first.  

Please keep in mind, not all saved data can be... well, saved.  Some are too far destroyed or corrupt and you're better off starting a fresh save game.  

Hope this helps.

The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top